Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really feel like the fan base is diminishing
(10-12-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ha, that's rich.

10x the amount of rep per post, but I'm, "trolling." (Never brought that up until now either)

Get a life.

Ok bud, your the one who started flapping your gums on my post about me being upstate New York
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 10x the amount of rep per post, but I'm, "trolling." (Never brought that up until now either)

Never bring it up again either. Nervous
Reply/Quote
I’m shocked anyone not born into the pain and suffering of being a Bengals fan would chose this team. So you all have my respect, regardless where you’re from. I might question your sanity a bit, but respect nonetheless. :D
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:08 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Not at all, im about done with them myself
Same here. I’ve been a fan all my life but it’s been a nightmare recently. Honestly I might adopt the Cowboys as my second team this season and root for Dalton. It’s hard to root for this team with a clown as the head coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m shocked anyone not born into the pain and suffering of being a Bengals fan would chose this team. So you all have my respect, regardless where you’re from. I might question your sanity a bit, but respect nonetheless. Big Grin

Well said bud.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not wrong though. I was downtown eating breakfast right by PBS the morning of the home opener, and I was shocked to see so few people sporting Bengals gear. And that’s with the added excitement of a new Heisman winning QB...

But think about it, why would they be anywhere around PBS, it's not like they could get in. They were all home getting ready to watch it on tv....
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: Same here. I’ve been a fan all my life but it’s been a nightmare recently. Honestly I might adopt the Cowboys as my second team this season and root for Dalton. It’s hard to root for this team with a clown as the head coach.

I can and will pull for Dalton, but I just don't think I can be a Cowboys fan of any kind. Their fanbase is too similar to Pittsburghs
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But think about it, why would they be anywhere around PBS, it's not like they could get in. They were all home getting ready to watch it on tv....

Just talking about downtown in general. There was a ton of people out that morning (so it wasn’t a matter of being home to watch it I made it home to watch), but very few were decked out in Bengals gear. That would have been rare a handful of years ago on the day of the 1st game of the season. Even if it was an away game.

People couldn’t go to Reds games either but I saw a TON of Reds stuff down the stretch and when they made the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
I'm not going anywhere as a fan but this is as painful and as frustrating as it's been in 20 years. Hopefully most of you won't remember week three of the 2000 season. It was eerily reminiscent of Sunday's game. On the road, against the Ravens, a dysfunctional Bengals team lost 37-0. A legendary Ravens defense forced four turnovers and Jamal Lewis ran all over the Bengals defense. Tony Banks, a far cry from Lamar Jackson, picked the Bengals secondary apart at-will. At least these days there's some semblance of hope at QB for the Bengals. That day they trotted out Akili Smith, who was steam rolled by Baltimore's defense and replaced with Scott Mitchell. You can imagine how that went. The loss was so bad, Bruce Coslet resigned a few days later. Mike Brown was surprised by his resignation. The team had scored one touchdown through three games in the season. And Mike Brown was surprised. Says about all you need to know about what ails this franchise.

It took a really long time to get over that loss. One of the biggest punches in the gut I've had as a Bengals fan. Here we are two decades later and other than a few playoff losses what strides has this organization really made? Yes, they stumbled into the first pick in the draft (thank you Fitzmagic!). But they're still making poor draft decisions, refusing to see the error of their ways, putting too much faith in incompetent coaches, and still misusing the personnel they have. Most importantly of all, they're still the embarrassment of the NFL, and deservedly so. I almost quit that day, but didn't. I wanted to quit again yesterday. But I won't. This team is too deeply imbedded in my DNA as a Cincinnati sports fan. But like someone else said earlier, why in the hell would you do this if you weren't born into it?
Reply/Quote
A couple of wins and the bandwagoners will jump right back on.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 01:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ha, that's rich.

10x the amount of rep per post, but I'm, "trolling." (Never brought that up until now either)

Get a life.

Lol, Citing your 'reps per post' - Take your own advice-- Get a life, nerd. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A couple of wins and the bandwagoners will jump right back on.

I think it will take a lot more than a 3 win season. Do you not remember Chad having to buy tickets to avoid the games being blacked out?

People can only put up with so much losing.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it will take a lot more than a 3 win season. Do you not remember Chad having to buy tickets to avoid the games being blacked out?

People can only put up with so much losing.

Yeah, but we're going for the record.... Cool Truthfully though, I don't see any real Bengals fan leaving now with Burrow just getting here. If they stayed through the 90's, they'll stay now. The team really is on the upswing. Another draft and free agency like this years, and look out.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, but we're going for the record.... Cool Truthfully though, I don't see any real Bengals fan leaving now with Burrow just getting here. If they stayed through the 90's, they'll stay now. The team really is on the upswing. Another draft and free agency like this years, and look out.

Diehards are one thing, but you need to continually be bringing in new fans. And in this day and age you’re not restricted to a team due to proximity. It’s easier than ever to follow other teams (Sunday ticket, online streams, etc).

Burrow is certainly an exciting piece, but they better not rely on him alone to grow the fan base. Have to build a winner.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:46 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: It seems the fan base for the team is getting smaller by the week. If or when rather Mike Brown does nothing about the inept coaching we have a ruin a franchise qb this will be the end of the Bengals franchise. Lease is up in a few years on the stadium and could see them packing up. I myself have been a fan since the 80s but this one feels different, with each press conference and time Zac Taylor opens his mouth i find myself wanting to root for another team more and more. Your quarterback is getting killed every single play but you still wanna run a 5 wide formation are you kidding!!!! Someone above ZT needs to fire Jim Turner and anyone else because its obvious Zac isnt going to show the door to any of his buddies

it is more covin than anything.. football and life is just different... also think we are overreaching a bit.. we are in a total rebuild.. growning pains are going to happen with players and coaches
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it is more covin than anything.. football and life is just different... also think we are overreaching a bit.. we are in a total rebuild.. growning pains are going to happen with players and coaches

And then you have to throw in that a good number of fans have tossed in the towel on all professional sports because they don't want politics in it and don't want multi millionaire athletes lecturing them. So much so, the NBa anounced none of that crap will go on next year as their ratings are in the crapper. Personally, I'm still watching the Bengals, but they're the only team I watch, and I'm not buying any tickets or merchandise.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And then you have to throw in that a good number of fans have tossed in the towel on all professional sports because they don't want politics in it and don't want multi millionaire athletes lecturing them. So much so, the NBa anounced none of that crap will go on next year as their ratings are in the crapper. Personally, I'm still watching the Bengals, but they're the only team I watch, and I'm not buying any tickets or merchandise.

Ratings up for NBA finals even though they went head to head with MLB and NFL. Don't let the facts get in the way of a false narrative.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:03 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Lol, Citing your 'reps per post' - Take your own advice-- Get a life, nerd. 

It was to show that my posts are valued and not, "trolling," at all. Wink

I have a life that isn't perfect, but am quite happy with; good, stable job that I work hard at, a beautiful and loving wife, a dog to help round out our family and tons of love and support from the rest of my family.

Thanks for allowing me to reflect (on this Thanksgiving Day, of all days) about how lucky I am to have this life ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It was to show that my posts are valued and not, "trolling," at all. Wink

I have a life that isn't perfect, but am quite happy with; good, stable job that I work hard at, a beautiful and loving wife, a dog to help round out our family and tons of love and support from the rest of my family.

Thanks for allowing me to reflect (on this Thanksgiving Day, of all days) about how lucky I am to have this life ThumbsUp

Happy Thanksgiving, man. In honor of our Simpsons talk...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4569622]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:03 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Lol, Citing your 'reps per post' - Take your own advice-- Get a life, nerd. 

You're not wrong.

Big time nerd move right there.
Reply/Quote