Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really?
In my Thoughts and Prayers thread, it was closed before I could even defend myself.

White working class is a thing. Let's not act like we didn't hear all about it during the election. I should have blamed Hillary for not connecting to the White Working Class (as to why she lost states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan etc) then suddenly all the Trump Supporters on this board would have recognized the term I'm sure....

Because people claiming I am racist for referencing that the thread got closed.

I personally am shocked that those who don't like the facts that I presented could claim I was using a racist term when it was certainly legit.

How can we take Trump supporters like the ones who were outraged over my use of the term seriously when they don't even know where the term White Working Class comes from? And they are supposed to educate us about politics?

Here's Republicans lecturing liberals on the "White Working Class" for those acting like they never heard the phrase to feign outrage.

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_632741ab-b3ec-546d-af5c-585d8c483e87.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2017/07/28/liberal-elites-dont-have-a-clue-about-the-white-working-class-so-says-a-liberal-elite-law-professor/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cecd2cd8be91

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/657547685/voting-with-a-middle-finger-two-views-on-the-white-working-class

But it looks as tho the red herring attempt to cry racist all to ignore the massive layoffs caused by Tarriff Man worked. For now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Thoughts-and-Prayers

(12-05-2018, 03:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: In my Thoughts and Prayers thread, it was closed before I could even defend myself.

White working class is a thing. Let's not act like we didn't hear all about it during the election. I should have blamed Hillary for not connecting to the White Working Class (as to why she lost states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan etc) then suddenly all the Trump Supporters on this board would have recognized the term I'm sure....

Well, for what it is worth, I understood you to be referring to a voter demographic, like "women with college degrees" or"Evangelicals" or "Hispanics."

So if you were saying that "college-educated women are turning against Trump" I would not assume you were saying only women voted for Trump or that you were sexist because you said "women."

But if the thread was shut down, I would be careful about simply opening another with the same theme.  There is a special thread for discussing disciplinary issues.  Pose a question about standards or criteria there.
(12-05-2018, 04:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, for what it is worth, I understood you to be referring to a voter demographic, like "women with college degrees" or"Evangelicals" or "Hispanics."

So if you were saying that "college-educated women are turning against Trump" I would not assume you were saying only women voted for Trump or that you were sexist because you said "women."

But if the thread was shut down, I would be careful about simply opening another with the same theme.  There is a special thread for discussing disciplinary issues.  Pose a question about standards or criteria there.

Irony of ironies. I'm pretty sure that thread is locked.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-05-2018, 04:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Irony of ironies. I'm pretty sure that thread is locked.

Is it?  Didn't know.
(12-05-2018, 04:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, for what it is worth, I understood you to be referring to a voter demographic, like "women with college degrees" or"Evangelicals" or "Hispanics."

Of course I was, it was only those who didn't want to hear about the massive layoffs that claimed I was a racist.

But those tactics by Trump supporters work (obviously), so we can't expect it to stop anytime soon.

Just a shame that all the talks on race we've had these people have denied racism even exists, yet use the attack when it benefits them even if it is out of left field and it works as a means to silence someone.

If I get banned for talking about "White Working Class" voters who overwhelmingly voted for Trump for his manufacturing focus who now are getting laid off in record numbers compared to the 8 years under Obama, because people claimed I am racist for using it then so be it.

You can't argue or defend yourself against these (lame) tactics.

But for the record I felt the need to since it clearly worked.

You probably might want to consider deleting this thread.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'm not going to be bullied into not defending myself from being called racist by you guys. Regardless of the feigned outrage.

It was a legit term, and discussing things like manufacturing layoffs at GM etc is why this forum is here.

If people can just call people racist and act like they haven't heard a term (when a quick search of the term can easily be done and those same people acting like they hadn't heard the term before can be found in those threads commenting on it, when it's used to attack Hillary's elitism) then the mods will just have to do what they feel they need to do.

But what we should all agree on is carelessly calling posters racist shouldn't be the answer to silence them. But I don't see you having a problem with that....

(12-05-2018, 05:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not going to be bullied into not defending myself from being called racist by you guys. Regardless of the feigned outrage.

Nobody is bullying you drama queen.  A thread like this is not looked upon nicely by the mods.  Just trying to be helpful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Yall can call me all the names you want because you got that protection from the mods. It still won't silence me.

Regardless of what happens to me, I know the truth.

And the truth is we all know the term and acting like it doesn't exist to claim a poster is racist for using it is lame and I will always know better. Even if I am banned.

(12-05-2018, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall can call me all the names you want because you got that protection from the mods. It still won't silence me.

Hilarious Don't you have a hill to take or something?

Let’s not start the habit of calling posters racists because you don’t like what they say. Even if it works we all should stand against that. Not just me.

Hopefully if I’m banned someone else stands against that tactic.

(12-05-2018, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let’s not start the habit of calling posters racists because you don’t like what they say. Even if it works we all should stand against that. Not just me.

Hopefully if I’m banned someone else stands against that tactic.

I don't know I've seen a lot of threads discussing immigration and someone inevitably brings up because "brown people" and nobody says a word. 

Quoting a racial group as a demographic is one thing. However, the thread was presented as iff the recent layoffs only impacted one racial demographic, with the insinuation that that racial graphic was the only one which voted for the current administration. Neither of these statements is true as an absolute. In that light, the previous thread was viewed as "race baiting". We do not permit that.

The context of this thread, that the Mod who closed the other thread somehow made a mistake, is flawed. Therefore, this thread is being closed as well. I will keep it open long enough for you to read this, however no new posts will be accepted in the thread.

To jj22: the original opst in the first thread would have been perfectly fine and reasonable without the word "white" thrown in. These layoffs did not just impact the white middle class. I personally know people of other races who are affected by this. It is not a racial thing to begin with.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]