Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild the roster mock
This is my rebuild the roster mock. I'll give a break down on the pick and how they will help the team get back to the playoffs as well as a few roster moves.

**Feel free to rip it apart

So we've seen the Bengals be the Bengals in free agency and let some good players leave without doing much to compensate for it. I do not believe in spending heavily in free agency however it would be nice to see the team be pro-active from time to time.

We resigned Dre K. and Brandon Lafell while bringing in Andre Smith for a year. I have us signing Kevin Minter to a 3 year deal as he is in the prime of his career and has gotten better.

We cut Adam Jones, Ray M. and MJ to allow for us to extend a few key players next season.

We trade McCarron for the Jets 2nd and 5th round picks. I was tempted to trade for Richardson as he's played well in his career, but decided to go for the picks instead.

pick 9
DT/DE SOLOMON THOMAS - This guy is gaining steam and could be gone before 9, however I think if he's there him or Foster would be the logical choices. This guy would add another interior pass rush option to fill in between Dunlap and Atkins and that would make for a nightmare for opposing QB's. Billings can be your run stuffer whilst also providing a little pass rush and Hardison can move into Gilberry's rotating role.

pick 39
rb JOE MIXON - I know a lot of people will argue this pick and heck even a few weeks ago I was arguing bringing him in, let's not make light of what he did, it was wrong in every aspect, however I'm always willing to give at least a second chance, third and fourths no way (I'm looking at you Jones), however the idea of bringing probably the most well rounded RB makes for an interesting choice. This guy could be Bell without being made of glass.

pick 41
G FORREST LAMP - Added size and depth along a young and depleted line. Competes for the starting gig this year if not next which allow our rb's to have holes up the middle.

pick 73
C/G PAT ELFLEIN - Finally an upgrade at C that's all that needs to be said. I personally think Bodine has improved, but he IMO fits better as a G and could be a reserve C.

pick 116
LB ANTHONY WALKER JR. - Not my first pick at LB, but he gives us a reliable option in the LB core. Now if Vigil truly takes hold of the starting position and we sign Minter as I have us doing than Walker along with Dawson, Vinnie, and Flowers are the reserves for the season. Gives us flexibility in the event that someone gets hurt, underperforms, or suspended.

pick 138
DE CARROLL PHILLIPS - Nice mid round prospect to help ease the cutting of MJ. Could be that pass rushing spark that the spot has been lacking for a few years now.

pick 150
OT Eric Magnuson - Depth at T in the event that Cedric and Fisher fail to improve. Comes from a good team and michigan players have had some success in the NFL especially recently.

pick 153
Situational pass rusher DEVONTE FIELDS - Once touted as one of the best prospects in football some issues push him down the board. The talent is there and if he proves that he can use it and be responsible he could be a really nice situational pass rusher for the team. He adds a dynamic pass rush capability that we've been lacking.

pick 176
WR JOSH REYNOLDS - Nice body control, has good speed and hands, just needs to bulk up a little bit. I believe he makes for a really nice complementary WR for the entire team.

pick 193
K ZANE GONZALEZ - Yes please. Kicker has been a sore spot for years and we get the best in the draft.

pick 217
QB JOSHUA DOBBS - Takes McCarrons role, might not have the moxy, but definitely has the talent.

pick 227
CB CHANNING STRIBLING - Depth in the secondary. Final spot comes down to him, Bene, and Russell

pick 251
RB JOE WILLIAMS - Solid late round RB to help ease the load in the event of any injuries or Gio not being a 100%
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:19 AM)Crowe Wrote: This is my rebuild the roster mock. I'll give a break down on the pick and how they will help the team get back to the playoffs as well as a few roster moves.

**Feel free to rip it apart

So we've seen the Bengals be the Bengals in free agency and let some good players leave without doing much to compensate for it. I do not believe in spending heavily in free agency however it would be nice to see the team be pro-active from time to time.

We resigned Dre K. and Brandon Lafell while bringing in Andre Smith for a year. I have us signing Kevin Minter to a 3 year deal as he is in the prime of his career and has gotten better.

We cut Adam Jones, Ray M. and MJ to allow for us to extend a few key players next season.

We trade McCarron for the Jets 2nd and 5th round picks. I was tempted to trade for Richardson as he's played well in his career, but decided to go for the picks instead.

pick 9
DT/DE SOLOMON THOMAS - This guy is gaining steam and could be gone before 9, however I think if he's there him or Foster would be the logical choices. This guy would add another interior pass rush option to fill in between Dunlap and Atkins and that would make for a nightmare for opposing QB's. Billings can be your run stuffer whilst also providing a little pass rush and Hardison can move into Gilberry's rotating role.

pick 39
rb JOE MIXON - I know a lot of people will argue this pick and heck even a few weeks ago I was arguing bringing him in, let's not make light of what he did, it was wrong in every aspect, however I'm always willing to give at least a second chance, third and fourths no way (I'm looking at you Jones), however the idea of bringing probably the most well rounded RB makes for an interesting choice. This guy could be Bell without being made of glass.

pick 41
G FORREST LAMP - Added size and depth along a young and depleted line. Competes for the starting gig this year if not next which allow our rb's to have holes up the middle.

pick 73
C/G PAT ELFLEIN - Finally an upgrade at C that's all that needs to be said. I personally think Bodine has improved, but he IMO fits better as a G and could be a reserve C.

pick 116
LB ANTHONY WALKER JR. - Not my first pick at LB, but he gives us a reliable option in the LB core. Now if Vigil truly takes hold of the starting position and we sign Minter as I have us doing than Walker along with Dawson, Vinnie, and Flowers are the reserves for the season. Gives us flexibility in the event that someone gets hurt, underperforms, or suspended.

pick 138
DE CARROLL PHILLIPS - Nice mid round prospect to help ease the cutting of MJ. Could be that pass rushing spark that the spot has been lacking for a few years now.

pick 150
OT Eric Magnuson - Depth at T in the event that Cedric and Fisher fail to improve. Comes from a good team and michigan players have had some success in the NFL especially recently.

pick 153
Situational pass rusher DEVONTE FIELDS - Once touted as one of the best prospects in football some issues push him down the board. The talent is there and if he proves that he can use it and be responsible he could be a really nice situational pass rusher for the team. He adds a dynamic pass rush capability that we've been lacking.

pick 176
WR JOSH REYNOLDS - Nice body control, has good speed and hands, just needs to bulk up a little bit. I believe he makes for a really nice complementary WR for the entire team.

pick 193
K ZANE GONZALEZ - Yes please. Kicker has been a sore spot for years and we get the best in the draft.

pick 217
QB JOSHUA DOBBS - Takes McCarrons role, might not have the moxy, but definitely has the talent.

pick 227
CB CHANNING STRIBLING - Depth in the secondary. Final spot comes down to him, Bene, and Russell

pick 251
RB JOE WILLIAMS - Solid late round RB to help ease the load in the event of any injuries or Gio not being a 100%
I would be thrilled with this draft. WTS, No to Mixon.  Just say "no."  A lot of fans of this forum have mixed opinions about Mixon.  I will state my view.  This organization from top down does not provide the structure nor the discipline for players like Mixon. Especially Marvin.  Yes, Adam Jones turned his life around for a few years but looked what happen this past season, he regressed to his former self.  Organizations like the patriots will not tolerate troublemakers.  The Bengals have a tolerant position which has led to horrible PR over the years.  Most teams would have cut Jones by now.  Not the Bengals.  Burfict's antics on the field should not be tolerated.  But Marvin and others cut him slack.  Some players need boundaries to succeed.  The Bengals take the Rogerian perspective with unconditional positive regard.  Not a good environment for young players who need structure. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would be thrilled with this draft. WTS, No to Mixon.  Just say "no."  A lot of fans of this forum have mixed opinions about Mixon.  I will state my view.  This organization from top down does not provide the structure nor the discipline for players like Mixon. Especially Marvin.  Yes, Adam Jones turned his life around for a few years but looked what happen this past season, he regressed to his former self.  Organizations like the patriots will not tolerate troublemakers.  The Bengals have a tolerant position which has led to horrible PR over the years.  Most teams would have cut Jones by now.  Not the Bengals.  Burfict's antics on the field should not be tolerated.  But Marvin and others cut him slack.  Some players need boundaries to succeed.  The Bengals take the Rogerian perspective with unconditional positive regard.  Not a good environment for young players who need structure. 

Thanks! For me I'm really not sure what to make of Mixon, was it just a dumb young kid acting out, was it a sign of the type of person he really is, I don't really know. I do know however he's really talented and ways to deal with his behavior would be to get rid of guys like Jones and make sure you have guys like Atkins, Green, Dalton working with him. I agree with how the patriots operate it's just unfortunate we have Brown and Lewis controlling the team. I'm really hoping the Bengals make the smart move and cut Jones, he's had too many repeat offenses, that's why I'm willing to give Mixon a chance as it's only happened once and hopefully is not a pre-cursor to the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would be thrilled with this draft. WTS, No to Mixon.  Just say "no."  A lot of fans of this forum have mixed opinions about Mixon.  I will state my view.  This organization from top down does not provide the structure nor the discipline for players like Mixon. Especially Marvin.  Yes, Adam Jones turned his life around for a few years but looked what happen this past season, he regressed to his former self.  Organizations like the patriots will not tolerate troublemakers.  The Bengals have a tolerant position which has led to horrible PR over the years.  Most teams would have cut Jones by now.  Not the Bengals.  Burfict's antics on the field should not be tolerated.  But Marvin and others cut him slack.  Some players need boundaries to succeed.  The Bengals take the Rogerian perspective with unconditional positive regard.  Not a good environment for young players who need structure. 

I agree, like the draft except for mixon. Sure he's a great talent but it doesn't matter how good he is, the risk will never be worth the reward. Let someone else pick him. He may work out for them, and he may not, but the headache won't be ours
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it. Even the Mixon pick. I think in Marvin's last few years he will take a few gambles to get to the big game. I honestly don't think Mixon is going to be the headache some think. He made a huge mistake as an 18 yr old and paid a heavy price. He also redeemed himself after that. Most of the other picks are very safe and fill needs with talented players. I'd even take Zach Brown if Minter is not available and role with this offseason. Nice Job!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:10 AM)pledgi Wrote: I like it.  Even the Mixon pick.  I think in Marvin's last few years he will take a few gambles to get to the big game.   I honestly don't think Mixon is going to be the headache some think.   He made a huge mistake as an 18 yr old and paid a heavy price.  He also redeemed himself after that.  Most of the other picks are very safe and fill needs with talented players.   I'd even take Zach Brown if Minter is not available and role with this offseason.  Nice Job!

Thanks and I agree. I think this is different than Ray Rice or Adam Jones. Personally Jones needs to be cut. Mixon is a kid and overreacted, but let's be honest most of us at that age especially if alcohol was involved would have probably done the same, doesn't make it right, but I'm willing to give him a chance and at the first sign of anything even remotely related, I'd cut him.
Reply/Quote