Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilding the Defense First is the Key to Success
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I agree the team needs serious help on defense, especially LBs.  They also need serious help on offense in the trenches (nothing new there), and now it seems a QB.  As it stands now unless the Bengals hit absolute home runs with most every draft pick next year this team is going to be bad for a long time, like Browns bad.  That makes me sad to think about it.  Of course maybe they will do something decent in free agency as well to fill in some of those holes.

So in summary, the Bengals basically need find good players to fill about 1/3 the team or more.  I wish they could ask to become an expansion team and have a do over and with a new owner.   Tongue

I think I saw a thread about Jeff Bezos wanting to buy an NFL team.  I think we could only wish he bought the Bengals.  Unlike Mike, he has actually accomplished something, to put it lightly.  Too bad Cincinnati didn't land that deal when Amazon was looking for a second headquarters. That might have been a bit more encouragement for him to buy the Brown family out.  But they are building a major billion dollar air hub at CVG so maybe there is hope.  And the Brown family could ride off in to the sunset, set financially for generations, looking like great business people making a billion+ off the sale of a team that hasn't won a playoff game in almost 30 years.   Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Steelers jumped us and drafted Bush...and traded for Fitzpatrick. Now they have a REALLY good defense. Those 2 guys transformed their team.
Reply/Quote
Schiano is going back to Rutgers
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers jumped us and drafted Bush...and traded for Fitzpatrick. Now they have a REALLY good defense. Those 2 guys transformed their team.

And look at what Bosa has done for SF. This team needs leaders.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And look at what Bosa has done for SF. This team needs leaders.

Yes, but at the top first. Teams like the  Steelers have a solid organization. SF just hit the reset and did it perfectly. 

This loser organization just hits the 'mini-me' reset button. 

The Tree Sloth, Pumpkin, Toy and Dufus Tobin could not even run a Special Olympics team where all you need is encouragement. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:33 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And look at what Bosa has done for SF. This team needs leaders.

Honestly, Bosa is REALLY good...but the 49ers have a defense built on speed and they have some really good players.

Allen with the Jaguars is fairly similar to Bosa too.

But, at the simplest level...we do need good players and a bunch of them.

I just don't think Finley is the guy. So at 1 IF you pass on Burrow, I don't know how you get a QB...and I don't feel like watching Tannehill for 2-3 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Bosa is REALLY good...but the 49ers have a defense built on speed and they have some really good players.

Allen with the Jaguars is fairly similar to Bosa too.

But, at the simplest level...we do need good players and a bunch of them.

I just don't think Finley is the guy. So at 1 IF you pass on Burrow, I don't know how you get a QB...and I don't feel like watching Tannehill for 2-3 years.

Year of Finley then Lawrence in 2021?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Part of this decline, I think, is bad coaching. In fact, bad coaching is ubiquitous all across the Bengals’ organization.   Fred is right on this point, though. Where have Geno and Carlos been? First of all, they get blocked by two people each a lot. The other lineman only require a single block to be controlled. The other factors I see in their decline include losing Domata Peko to Denver and the lack of rotations on the defensive line.

Domata Peko took up two blockers on every play and it’s not a coincidence that the Bengals’ run defense got a lot worse the moment he left for the Broncos.  When Peko absorbed two blockers it was easier for Atkins and Dunlap to make more plays.

Remember rotations? Mike Zimmer rotated lineman in and out during the entire game so they would be fresh in the fourth quarter. The Bengals don’t do that anymore.

At this point in their careers, coaching isn't going to make Atkins and Dunlap any better. They are who they are. They aren't going to magically learn something they haven't already.
They need a scheme that better caters to their talents.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers jumped us and drafted Bush...and traded for Fitzpatrick. Now they have a REALLY good defense. Those 2 guys transformed their team.

Don't get too sucked into the Devin Bush hype. He's still below 60 PFF rating. He's actually one of the worst starters on their defense right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:52 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Year of Finley then Lawrence in 2021?

Assuming we're the absolute worst team in the NFL to be able to get Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Assuming we're the absolute worst team in the NFL to be able to get Lawrence.

rest assured, we have that covered
Reply/Quote