Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received A Message From Unknown #- NEED HELP!
I just received a message on the WhatsApp on my phone:

Quote:Hi George, I heard you recently opened another investment company. How is the benefit

Obviously, I'm not George, so how do I mess with this guy?!

NEED HELP!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just received a message on the WhatsApp on my phone:

Obviously, I'm not George, so how do I mess with this guy?!

NEED HELP!

Hilarious

I wouldn't respond at all.

Any unsolicited messages, texts, phone calls, emails, etc. can be scammers trying to fish for working accounts.  Reply in any way and they know it is an active account they can bombard with scams, ads, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give him your bank account number, routing number, and ATM PIN. It could be a Saudi Prince in exile looking for somewhere to transfer his Billions.

Either that or just delete it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Give him your bank account number, routing number, and ATM PIN. It could be a Saudi Prince in exile looking for somewhere to transfer his Billions.

Either that or just delete it.

Can't be.  I already gave him that stuff so he could give the money to me.  Transaction ought to clear any day now.  It isn't immediate with that much money.
Reply/Quote
Due to the end-to-end message encryption on whatsapp it has become popular communication tool for terrorists and criminals.

It appears that you got a coded message from ISIS.  "Georges" are U S citizens (George Washingtons).  "Opening a financial institution" means hacking the records of a bank.

You should respond with a message suggesting that his mother blows camels and then immediately contact the Department of Homeland Securit.
Reply/Quote
Brad..Are you still making crank phone calls to old women late at night to their land lines? I know I'm probably just a stick in the mud, but perhaps it's time to grow up and just delete the damned thing?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote