Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Receiver in first round?
(01-25-2021, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure of the criteria you used to man your teams, but here's what I did:

I looked at the last 10 drafts and broke the top 15 in half (1-7, 8-15) and came up with these 2 teams:

QB Andrew Luck

RB Saquan Barkley
WR Julio Jones/ AJ Green
TE Mike Williams
OG Lane Johnson/ Quenton Nelson
OT Trent Williams/ Ronnie Stanley
C Branden Schreff
DE Vonn Miller/ Chase Young
DT Ndoma Suh/ Gerald Mc Coy
LB Bradley Chubb/ Devin White/ Khalil Mack
CB Jalen Ramsey Patrick Peterson
S Eric Berry/ Jamal Adams

QB Patrick Mahomes
RB Christian McCafferty
WR Mike Evans/ OBJ
TE TJ Hockenson
OG Andrus Peat/ Jack Conklin
OT Tyron Smith/ Laremy Tunstil
C Mike Pouncey
DE Brandon Graham/ JJ Watt
DT Ed Oliver/ Aaron Donald
LB Luke Kuechey/ Anthony Barr/ Roquan Smith 
CB Stephon Gilmore/ Marshawn Lattimore
S Earl Thomas/ Minkah Fitzpatrick

2010-2017 draft. Took the top 5 of each draft for one team and #15-19 for the other team. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just don;t see your scenario helping our team enough.. we need more picks not less, trade back fine but picking a TE than trying to trade back into 1st round to pick a WR and lose the advantage of the getting the extra pick does do it for me with the holes we have on this defense plus logic says we need to get three good lineman added to this team, 2 via FA and 1 via draft.  so why not trade back take Pitts or Smith or Chase if there, then pick a DE and Oline with two high 2nd round picks, then come back with a speed WR in 3rd round.  You have to stop teams scoring besides scoring points.. a balance team (offense/defense)  gives you a better chance to win on a weekly  basis.

After watching the Bills defense get dismantled it made me think we should have the best offense that we can get. That is why I wanted to get a unique player like Kyle Pitts over an OL that I think we can get in Free Agency.

If we wanted to go a different route we could possibly get Marvin Jones and a couple of above average FA - OG and OT. 
If we did that then I would be fine with your idea of trading down for more picks and drafting to help our defense.

I guess you have to ask is it better to sign FA defensive players or offensive players. 
Reply/Quote