Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receivers at combine.
Why are they allowed to wear gloves?

Shouldn't the combine be the time for close examination, of the raw abilities of an athlete?  I mean, conditions are perfect, in the dome..  No weather to contend with. 

So, why the tackified gloves allowed?  Let's see what the guy has for natural hands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hear ya. Special receivers have to have amazing hand and eye coordination. Alot of guys might be fast, but only the best have those amazing hands. It's what sets them apart. It gives them a better catch radius, making them a far more reliable receiver. AJ's a good example.

But the gloves must even the playing field more than just a little bit. Still, the really great ones do stand out.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If they are going to play with the gloves then have them go through the workouts with the gloves.

A better question would be why don't they run and jump wearing full pads and helmets.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 02:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they are going to play with the gloves then have them go through the workouts with the gloves.

A better question would be why don't they run and jump wearing full pads and helmets.

Better yet, why don't we just have them all fight to the death and the ones who make it out alive get to be drafted?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 02:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If they are going to play with the gloves then have them go through the workouts with the gloves.

I think it's crazy to ask a guy to run a 40 without pads out of a track stance. Put them in whatever starting position there position would start from then ask them to run 40 yards in full pads.
Reply/Quote

And carrying a football.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I do recall Johnny Footbal worked out in pads at his proday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I do remember Teddy Bridgewater taking his gloves off to throw at his Pro Day. His draft stock fell like a rock.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote