Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent 2A news regarding AR pistols
(10-07-2020, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Proof that criminals who use suppressors are more likely to get way with their crimes.

Ninja

This was clever.  I'll give you this one.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A friend of mine got one as his snake gun. Runs into one little rattlesnake on his property and he needs to carry a .410 around for protection. LOL

With my uncle's passing in August, I ended up inheriting his collection. Within the past year I went from having one firearm in my home to 13 between my uncle and my father (and one purchase). I mean, some were mine, already, but they just moved to my house because of circumstances.

I just started research on a Panzer AR-12. I'll most likely buy one more firearm before the election and call it good...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Heh, you guys have run into the gunowner snobbery holy grail of sins.  Those .45 long colt/.410 revolvers are almost universally held in disdain by the "serious" gun owning community.

Oh, I don't own one. I just know folks that do. Never saw a need for one, myself. But my Fudd collection is pretty full, so there is that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Heh, you guys have run into the gunowner snobbery holy grail of sins.  Those .45 long colt/.410 revolvers are almost universally held in disdain by the "serious" gun owning community.

I know, but guess what I got: A revolver that shoots shotgun shells; does the serious gun owning community have one? 

To be honest the new HD ammo they are coming out with for them may change the serious gun owner's opinion. 

I got a claymore in my hand.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I don't own one. I just know folks that do. Never saw a need for one, myself. But my Fudd collection is pretty full, so there is that.

You are quite the Fudd.  You own an over under or side by side I assume?  I recently bought a CZ Redhead Premiere and I absolutely love it.

(10-07-2020, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know, but guess what I got: A revolver that shoots shotgun shells; does the serious gun owning community have one? 

To be honest the new HD ammo they are coming out with for them may change the serious gun owner's opinion. 

I got a claymore in my hand.

An interesting side to that.  In CA they've declared these revolvers to be short barreled shotguns, hence highly illegal.  But CA hasn't met a gun restriction they won't get wood over.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 09:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You are quite the Fudd.  You own an over under or side by side I assume?  I recently bought a CZ Redhead Premiere and I absolutely love it.

Not just one, buy two side-by-sides. LOL

I have a Gladiator 12 ga and a Lefever 16 ga. Both guns are older than either one of us.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not just one, buy two side-by-sides. LOL

I have a Gladiator 12 ga and a Lefever 16 ga. Both guns are older than either one of us.

Oooh, keep that 16 gauge.  They're becoming increasingly popular to collect.  Not that you were thinking of selling it.  I've never sold a single gun I've owned.
Reply/Quote
So, apparently the ATF may be going a little bit further on this. Here is a link to a letter from Wiley law firm about it: https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/october-2020/alert--atf-interpretive-change-restricts-handgun-imports-and-may-require-nfa-registration(2).asp

Now, keep in mind that Wiley is a swampy law firm in Washington that is pretty heavily right-leaning, but they know the law. They are good at what they do and are well known in Washington for a reason.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, apparently the ATF may be going a little bit further on this. Here is a link to a letter from Wiley law firm about it: https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/october-2020/alert--atf-interpretive-change-restricts-handgun-imports-and-may-require-nfa-registration(2).asp

Now, keep in mind that Wiley is a swampy law firm in Washington that is pretty heavily right-leaning, but they know the law. They are good at what they do and are well known in Washington for a reason.

If there's a silver lining to the Barrett confirmation it's that this type of ridiculous infringement of the second amendment may be struck down for good.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 03:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If there's a silver lining to the Barrett confirmation it's that this type of ridiculous infringement of the second amendment may be struck down for good.

It took 3 months, but I finally got my pistol permit!  16 years of procrastination is over!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:01 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It took 3 months, but I finally got my pistol permit!  16 years of procrastination is over!

So, in Virginia, where I live, the only wait time you really have is for the court to send you the CHP. You put in the application, then they send it to you. When going to Pennsylvania to deal with my uncle's estate, I was going to be transporting thousands of dollars in a coin collection and firearms, so I wanted to get my Pennsylvania permit because for some reason VA and PA aren't reciprocal. I literally walked into the county sheriff's office, showed them my VA permit, paid them $20, they took my picture, printed and laminated the card, and in 20 minutes I was out the door and legally licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Pennsylvania.

Now if only Maryland could get over themselves, my trips to PA would be so much easier.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, in Virginia, where I live, the only wait time you really have is for the court to send you the CHP. You put in the application, then they send it to you. When going to Pennsylvania to deal with my uncle's estate, I was going to be transporting thousands of dollars in a coin collection and firearms, so I wanted to get my Pennsylvania permit because for some reason VA and PA aren't reciprocal. I literally walked into the county sheriff's office, showed them my VA permit, paid them $20, they took my picture, printed and laminated the card, and in 20 minutes I was out the door and legally licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Pennsylvania.

Now if only Maryland could get over themselves, my trips to PA would be so much easier.

Very cool!

I will have to check out PA for a permit.  I'm around 30 minutes from the border.  NY is not reciprocal with any other state.
Reply/Quote
So, here is an update for this. Yesterday, the ATF actually announced a proposed rule change that would ostensibly make every AR pistol out there an SBR.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/factoring-criteria-firearms-attached-stabilizing-braces

Of course, I consider this to be bullshit. But I'm also of two minds on this because I would really like the gun community to stop pretending that these braces were really anything other than a way to get around the SBR laws. I'm for eliminating the classifications that require these extra stamps altogether, I just get tired of the bad faith arguments.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 07:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here is an update for this. Yesterday, the ATF actually announced a proposed rule change that would ostensibly make every AR pistol out there an SBR.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/factoring-criteria-firearms-attached-stabilizing-braces

Of course, I consider this to be bullshit. But I'm also of two minds on this because I would really like the gun community to stop pretending that these braces were really anything other than a way to get around the SBR laws. I'm for eliminating the classifications that require these extra stamps altogether, I just get tired of the bad faith arguments.

I agree, but the bad faith is coming from the ATF.  How inane is it to legally own an AR pistol, but the minute you brace it against your shoulder you've committed a felony?  Braced against your cheek?  Perfectly legal.  I don't see the firearms community adhering to the letter of the ATF restrictions as anything other than clever.

This does perfectly illustrate why the ATF absolutely cannot have a Director like Chipman who can't even define what an "assault weapon" is, or is lying about it.  Either option is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote