Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
Predict the number of REGULAR SEASON wins for the Bengals this year.
Reply/Quote
I went with 9 wins, but hopeful of 10 or 11. That is my optimistic side. My pessimistic side (comes out after many losses) could see this going sideways

if guys don't step up and play well and coach don't hide weakness and project our strengths. But worst case I see is 6 wins if AD stays healthy all year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
For those of you who don't know about this feature you can click at the bottom of the poll where it says "show results" and you can see the names of who voted for what number of wins.
Reply/Quote
I can't get to 10 wins and I can't see 10 losses either. I predict this team will struggle during the first half of the season, everyone will panic, call for Taylor's and Dalton's heads then the second half will see vast improvement and set up next year for a run in the Playoffs.

8-8
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
If the FO would have responded by making at least one splash move besides getting rid of Marvin and company I would have felt better that they really wanted that "New Dey".

Unless this defense can perform well enough to keep teams from dominating them they don't stand a chance.

The offense will struggle as injuries and a crap o-line will sink them.

I actually felt better about last season than this one.

I hope I eat some crow because the window is almost shut right now.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Went with 9 wins. Should win more games than last year with an offensive minded HC.

With Jonah going down that really hurt IMO.

Still love the Sample and Pratt picks though and think we can make a run at the Playoffs under Taylor his first season. The Defense under Lou looked bad against the Chiefs but it was the Chiefs in their place. Our starting Offense looked good in that game then against the Skins it was the opposite. So I think this team just will take some time to grow. There are many positives to look at and we will know much more after Thursday.
Reply/Quote
8-8 we stop the losing streak and have a first year akin to Marvin's first as HC.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 01:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If the FO would have responded by making at least one splash move besides getting rid of Marvin and company I would have felt better that they really wanted that "New Dey".

Unless this defense can perform well enough to keep teams from dominating them they don't stand a chance.

The offense will struggle as injuries and a crap o-line will sink them.

I actually felt better about last season than this one.

I hope I eat some crow because the window is almost shut right now.

I hate using injuries as an excuse and know we have AJ out early this year, but do you think if Green, AD, Lawson, Brown, Glasgow, Eifert and others played 70% of their unit's snaps in 2018 we win less than 9 games (versus 6)??

Do you think AJ being out last part of 2018 taught our FO and coaches anything about our WR depth which proved to be very bad when we lost AJ and abysmal when we lost Boyd too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It’s going to be a long year. Too many injured starters already . Oline n Linebackers weak links.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 01:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hate using injuries as an excuse and know we have AJ out early this year, but do you think if Green, AD, Lawson, Brown, Glasgow, Eifert and others played 70% of their unit's snaps in 2018 we win less than 9 games (versus 6)??

Do you think AJ being out last part of 2018 taught our FO and coaches anything about our WR depth which proved to be very bad when we lost AJ and abysmal when we lost Boyd too.

Ifs and buts.

You don't really know.

AJ Green could've played in an extra game and tipped 2 picks.

Brown could've caused a game losing penalty.

Dalton could've played them all and wilted.

They didn't play the games. 

You can't base wins and losses on talent that never played.

Your guess is about as good as mine.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The optimistic side of me will always want this team to suddenly set the league on fire and win 13+ games as well as the Superbowl. I'm a fan and will always secretly hope that will happen.

But the realist side of me sees way too many problems with the team going in this season. I think we may be looking at the 6 to 8 win range, and I'm hedging closer to six due to injuries.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I see the defense coming out a little weak at the beginning of the season but coming on strong by the midpoint to where it's a point of strength. In the meantime, I think the offense comes out surprisingly strong and stays strong. We win 10 games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
based on Schedule I believe we can win 10.... especially if the defense keeps playing well... gives the OL a little bit more time to gel
Reply/Quote
Did not mean to vote for 12-16 went to hit vote on my phone and accidentally switched the vote and submitted without changing it back. I am not sure how to change it. Meant to vote for 7.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Did not mean to vote for 12-16 went to hit vote on my phone and accidentally switched the vote and submitted without changing it back. I am not sure how to change it. Meant to vote for 7.

theres an option to undo vote near the poll results
Reply/Quote
Want to be wrong, and I like the direction the team is going in - the new coaching staff and some new players that are going to be good.

But too many injuries, too many holes in the offensive line, not enough talent at linebacker, not enough talent at safety beyond Bates and too many defensive players that can't finish plays and tackle.

I'm looking for growth this year. I really like the new coaching staff, but I don't think the staff will be able to overcome the poor talent level of our roster.
Reply/Quote
Why isn’t 19 wins an option?

Edit: Forget I said that. Post season is not regular season.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 01:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hate using injuries as an excuse and know we have AJ out early this year, but do you think if Green, AD, Lawson, Brown, Glasgow, Eifert and others played 70% of their unit's snaps in 2018 we win less than 9 games (versus 6)??

Basically the way I looked at the injuries last year was I didn’t think the team was going anywhere in the long run far as being a contender even if guys stayed healthy especially with Marvin as coach. The defense was going to be a disaster no matter what. One linebacker and a backup DT getting hurt wouldn’t change that. Lawson didn’t get hurt till week 9 and the core of the d-line of Dunlap, Billings, Atkins, Johnson, Hubbard, Willis we’re healthy all season. The secondary of Jackson III, Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Williams and Bates were healthy all year. Vigil is a below average lb and was healthy against Carolina and Atlanta when our defense was getting trampled. Burfict being hurt didn’t really matter because he sucked even when he was healthy. Relying on guys like Eifert to make it through a season and healthy isn’t a great plan. And an offensive line with guys like Redmond and Hart in the long term weren’t going to get it done. Dalton got hurt late into the Cleveland game when we were already getting killed not sure a healthy Dalton and company could have beat the browns last season.
Reply/Quote
5-11. I hope I'm wrong in a big way, but I just don't see it.

An O-Line that isn't good, is razor-thin depth wise, and is one injury away from complete disaster. I mean Andre Smith is starting at LT this week LOL.

Anyone convinced AJ only misses a few games? I'm not. And if AJ is not in the lineup who stretches the field? Ross and his non-productive hammy? Doubtful. That's a recipe for disaster as teams come after Dalton with that offensive line knowing no one can beat them over the top.

The D-line and secondary are solid, but counting on the LB corps to cover RB's and TE's?? Doubtful.

It's just not a good football team, and the injuries already suffered make it very unlikely this team can finish anywhere close to .500 in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Want to be wrong, and I like the direction the team is going in - the new coaching staff and some new players that are going to be good.

But too many injuries, too many holes in the offensive line, not enough talent at linebacker, not enough talent at safety beyond Bates and too many defensive players that can't finish plays and tackle.

I'm looking for growth this year. I really like the new coaching staff, but I don't think the staff will be able to overcome the poor talent level of our roster.

I think that people vote with their hearts and not their heads. I want them to win ten games as much as anyone else. Fans always take it for granted that new coaches will be game changers just like last years OLine coach, it doesn’t always work that way. Who looks at this team and is seeing position groups in the top 1/3 of the league? Who is seeing position depth? There are a few players to be excited about but every single team has that but the nucleus of this team is getting old. You can’t only look at the positives if you’re giving a fair and unbiased evaluation.
Reply/Quote