Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recounts
Bunch of silly political posturing, but here is the way I see it.

Clinton did not start any of this and never asked for a recount. But once one is ordered they are going to make sure it is done properly. This is a direct quote from the linked story

[i]Elias said the Clinton camp is "fully aware" that the outcome of the election is unlikely to change, noting that "the number of votes separating Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the closest of these states — Michigan — well exceeds the largest margin ever overcome in a recount."[i]
Stein going deep cover as a Hillary shill and demanding a recount in states Hillary knew she had to do everything to try to win, but ended up still losing. Stein (who was deeply critical of Clinton all election) is using the recount demands as a way to prove cheating and voter fraud in favor of Hillary. Clinton campaign wants in on the recount as a way to try to hide their widespread cheating.

And I know you can all admit if this is conspiracy I just made up after reading too much r/The_Donald true, it would still be one of the least crazy things about this whole election.

Hilarious
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-27-2016, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: When the quote is the only way he will lose is if its rigged then its the quote.

The quotes weren't the only thing. My wife and I actually paid attention to the media portrayal. There were lots of little things they would do. Some examples were misleading headlines (ie clickbait), repeated reporting of negative connotations, pictures that did not flatter him put next to more flattering (if possible) pics of Hillary, etc. It was a whole concerted effort to make him look as bad as possible while not digging nearly as deep or being nearly as dogged with anything that might have portrayed Hilary negatively.

I am not saying they never reported anything negative about her. Sometimes they were forced to. It was more the little details of portraying him vs portraying her. That's what I meant by not only the quotes.
(11-27-2016, 06:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: The quotes weren't the only thing. My wife and I actually paid attention to the media portrayal. There were lots of little things they would do. Some examples were misleading headlines (ie clickbait), repeated reporting of negative connotations, pictures that did not flatter him put next to more flattering (if possible) pics of Hillary, etc. It was a whole concerted effort to make him look as bad as possible while not digging nearly as deep or being nearly as dogged with anything that might have portrayed Hilary negatively.

I am not saying they never reported anything negative about her. Sometimes they were forced to. It was more the little details of portraying him vs portraying her. That's what I meant by not only the quotes.

You are seriously saying that the media dug more into Trump than Clinton?  

Talk about confirmation bias.

Clinton has been in the media spotlight for 30+ years...how much more digging could they do?  Trump was a private citizen so every time something new was found out it was, well, new, and reported on.

Virtually every story about Trump was because he said or did something and it was reported.  He loved the attention but didn't want any of the criticism.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
But, as usual, the President elect is handing it with the decorum you would expect from him.  While also guiding the media away from his own possible troubles.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/tweet-flurry-president-elect-donald-trump-calls-recount-efforts-sad-n688761

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump took to his favorite social media platform to send a stream of posts indicating that the Hillary Clinton campaign's involvement in an election recount was hypocritical.

Trump, who himself implied that he would not concede the election during the campaign if he had lost, used his Twitter account to declare that "Nothing will change." He also reiterated that Clinton had already conceded the election.

Related: Clinton Campaign Backs Jill Stein's Election Recount Effort: Lawyer

The former real estate mogul turned politician then quoted three instances via six tweets in which Clinton slammed Trump for suggesting he would not accept the election results.

Trump was responding to the Clinton campaign's announcement that they intend to back the statewide presidential election recount effort taking place in Wisconsin, which was led by Green Party candidate Jill Stein. Marc Elias, a Clinton campaign lawyer, said they would involve themselves to ensure a "fair" process for all involved.

Related: What Happens if Donald Trump Loses and Won't Concede?

Stein said she also intends to pursue recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, though she also stated on Twitter that she would "do a recount in any state where the deadline has not passed."

Quote:[/url]
Dr. Jill Stein 

@DrJillStein
I will do a recount in any state where the deadline has not passed. Help my staff find state deadlines: http://ceimn.org  #Recount2016
3:30 PM - 26 Nov 2016

Stein's campaign is trying to raise as much as $7 million for the effort online — and it had garnered more than $6 million as of Saturday evening.

Stein also took some shots at Clinton's interest in the election recount, tweeting:

"Why would Hillary Clinton — who conceded the election to Donald Trump — want #Recount2016? You cannot be on-again, off-again about democracy."
Quote:Dr. Jill Stein 

@DrJillStein
Why would Hillary Clinton—who conceded the election to Donald Trump—want #Recount2016? You cannot be on-again, off-again about democracy.
4:41 PM - 26 Nov 2016

Later in the day, Trump practically offered his support for the recount, providing a seemingly baseless allegation that he would have won the popular vote "if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally."
Quote:Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally
3:30 PM - 27 Nov 2016

It was unclear where he got that notion. Voting illegally is difficult, as Trump illustrated in a 2004 video in which he was turned away from three voting locations.
Quote:Bradd Jaffy 

@BraddJaffy
Trump dismisses 3-state recount effort as a scam...

...then falsely claims millions voted illegally—which a national recount might uncover. pic.twitter.com/8VE0AwcgmX

Quote:Bradd Jaffy 

@BraddJaffy
It's hard to vote illegally. Trump himself was turned away from 3 polling places in 2004 b/c he wasn't on the rolls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcQEcwFkX0 …
4:39 PM - 27 Nov 2016

The president-elect then said he could have had an easier campaign had he pursued the popular vote instead of the Electoral College. According to his Twitter account, the future commander-in-chief said he would have only had to campaign in three or four states instead of the numerous states he visited.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
It would have been much easier for me to win the so-called popular vote than the Electoral College in that I would only campaign in 3 or 4--
3:34 PM - 27 Nov 2016

@realDonaldTrump
states instead of the 15 states that I visited. I would have won even more easily and convincingly (but smaller states are forgotten)!
3:41 PM - 27 Nov 2016

In the past, Trump has come out against the Electoral College. Previously, on Twitter of course, he called the institution "a disaster for democracy." He also told Mitt Romney supporters via tweet in 2012 to "fight like hell" after Romney's loss, as he incorrectly believed the Electoral College had allowed President Obama to win.

@realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
11:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

Quote:
Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.
11:30 PM - 6 Nov 2012

President Obama won both the popular vote and the Electoral College by large margins in 2008 and 2012.

Donald Trump's top aides on Sunday also denounced the recount effort.

"It is a total and complete hypocritical joke that the group of people that thought that they were nervous about President-elect Trump not conceding are the people that are conducting recounts in states where we won by over 68,000 votes," said incoming Trump Chief of Staff Reince Priebus on "Fox News Sunday."

Former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway also slammed the recount effort on CNN's "State of the Union," where she referenced the backlash over Trump's refusal to say he'd accept the election results during the third general election debate as evidence of hypocrisy on the part of Democrats now supporting the recount.

Multiple media analysts have opined that president-elect might be using his Twitter account to distract from more serious news, such as the New York Times investigation into Trump's potential conflicts of interest around the world.

Quote:Jack Shafer 

@jackshafer
Here's the breaking news investigation that Trump is trying to distract you from reading/discussing/retweeting: http://nyti.ms/2g7M2vT 
4:29 PM - 27 Nov 2016
[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBh-aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMwMS5u...YowKqqKIAY]
Potential Conflicts Around the Globe for Trump, the Businessman President
In many of the president-elect’s international development ventures, his business partners have close ties to foreign governments.
nytimes.com

Quote:
Heidi N Moore 

@moorehn
General rule: when you're tempted to retweet Trump, STOP AND RETWEET THE ARTICLE HE'S TRYING TO DISTRACT YOU FROM. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/us/politics/donald-trump-international-business.html?_r=0 …
3:58 PM - 27 Nov 2016
[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBh-aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMwMS5u...YowKqqKIAY]
[url=https://t.co/QZfdw3WyZ1]Potential Conflicts Around the Globe for Trump, the Businessman President
In many of the president-elect’s international development ventures, his business partners have close ties to foreign governments.
nytimes.com

(11-27-2016, 06:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: The quotes weren't the only thing. My wife and I actually paid attention to the media portrayal. There were lots of little things they would do. Some examples were misleading headlines (ie clickbait), repeated reporting of negative connotations, pictures that did not flatter him put next to more flattering (if possible) pics of Hillary, etc. It was a whole concerted effort to make him look as bad as possible while not digging nearly as deep or being nearly as dogged with anything that might have portrayed Hilary negatively.

This is just your perception.

Same way that  Bengal fan thinks every call goes against the Bengals while the opponent thinks every call goers against them.  Seemed to me that the press covered every negative aspect of Hillary just like they did with Trump.  

And who are you claiming "forced" the media to say something negative about Hillary?

The fact is that for a long time Hillary did not even do press conferences because she felt it was best to just sit back and let Trump run his mouth.  It is not the medias fault that he said so many crazy things.
(11-27-2016, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bunch of silly political posturing, but here is the way I see it.

Clinton did not start any of this and never asked for a recount.  But once one is ordered they are going to make sure it is done properly.  This is a direct quote from the linked story

[i]Elias said the Clinton camp is "fully aware" that the outcome of the election is unlikely to change, noting that "the number of votes separating Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the closest of these states — Michigan — well exceeds the largest margin ever overcome in a recount."[i]

Yep, the rubes will believe it is just a coincidence that Stien challenged the states she did. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-27-2016, 08:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is just your perception.

Same way that  Bengal fan thinks every call goes against the Bengals while the opponent thinks every call goers against them.  Seemed to me that the press covered every negative aspect of Hillary just like they did with Trump.  

And who are you claiming "forced" the media to say something negative about Hillary?

The fact is that for a long time Hillary did not even do press conferences because she felt it was best to just sit back and let Trump run his mouth.  It is not the medias fault that he said so many crazy things.

Yes, it was my perception. Once I heard his ridiculous claim, I started paying attention to how each was portrayed. 

And when I said forced, I meant Hillary did or said something dumb enough that there was no other way they could spin it other than negatively. 
Go ahead and recount. I will enjoy watching Hillary lose again. Hilarious
(11-27-2016, 03:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Didn't Obama only win because there was that precinct where the Black Panthers intimidated voters and everyone in the cemetery voted Democrat?

The yahoos always cry and complain.  But I don't remember Republicans calling for any official recounts in 2008 or 2012.
--------------------------------------------------------

Trump needs to stop talking about this. He has a concession from Clinton and even the people inciting the recount say repeatedly that no evidence of fraud has been found. Why should Trump even care if there's an effort to obtain a recount? He's already won and nothing is likely to change. If anything, it will only affirm the legitimacy of his victory. Dumb and childish for him to even dignify the effort with a reaction.
I bet you if there was a re-vote that there is a whole host of apathetic voters that would get over their distaste for Clinton and get Trump the **** out of the presidency. Oh well, at least I voted. Now I don't have to have that on my conscience.
(11-28-2016, 03:02 AM)treee Wrote: I bet you if there was a re-vote that there is a whole host of apathetic voters that would get over their distaste for Clinton and get Trump the **** out of the presidency. Oh well, at least I voted. Now I don't have to have that on my conscience.

Probably be a whole bunch that would also think that voting for Johnson maybe wasn't such a good idea.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-28-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Probably be a whole bunch that would also think that voting for Johnson maybe wasn't such a good idea.
Yea I considered voting for him but there are some aspects of the Libertarian platform that I'm not a big fan of.
(11-27-2016, 11:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The yahoos always cry and complain.  But I don't remember Republicans calling for any official recounts in 2008 or 2012.

Both the '08 and '12 elections were blowouts.

But even though the election this year was closer I think these recounts are a huge waste of time and money.
Did Stein put a cap on how much she would raise? Seems like she could get a lot more money than is needed if she didn't.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I wonder how much Soros pitched in for this recount?

Hillary not doing a concession speech for her supporters after all their hard work and sending them all home and now an end around recount. (not very Presidential)

The media admitted that they could not have helped her anymore than they did.They completely sold out and crushed their own credibility. (which is good that people are waking up to their propaganda)

She lost because she was a terrible candidate. Period. (Sanders might have won)

I guess Obama couldn't get enough ILLEGAL immigrants to vote for her ILLEGALLY. (We won't prosecute? seriously)

Yeah!!!! we won the popular vote. (No , not really).

Obama should be ashamed. I'm sure he's not.

We need to return to the Rule of Law.

For our kids sake.
(11-28-2016, 04:42 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Yeah!!!! we won the popular vote. (No , not really).

I am really starting to understand your comments in another thread

"Your already were you want to be and your not listening to anything other than what fits your own narrative.

"The truth will set you free".

But not everybody wants to be free.

They're happy being right where they're at."
(11-28-2016, 07:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am really starting to understand your comments in another thread

"Your already were you want to be and your not listening to anything other than what fits your own narrative.

"The truth will set you free".

But not everybody wants to be free.

They're happy being right where they're at."

Every time I see that account post something that is blatantly false, which is every post, I hit reply and type something up. Then I just figure there is no point because they will never understand why they are so wrong.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-28-2016, 08:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Every time I see that account post something that is blatantly false, which is every post, I hit reply and type something up. Then I just figure there is no point because they will never understand why they are so wrong.

What about when its from the President Elect?

[Image: 112816.jpg]

I'd say he's an embarrassment to this country but we got what we deserved I guess.