Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Zone is The Dead Zone
Todays game in Cleveland may sum up the season. They can get into scoring position, they just can't score. Zac seems to lack aggression on his Red Zone play calling all season.

Oh well, last nights Ohio State win was nice into midnight. Can't say that I jumped up ready to watch 1 win Bengals. Game was on my TV, but I was half asleep as both teams are boring. Patriots means 1-13 coming. Avatar changed to a Sleeping Santa and mood change to Asleep. With Christmas coming soon, no time to waste on this team. They may finish 3-13, who knows, Yawn, Snore, Snore. Yawn Yawn
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's like he's a bad offensive coordinator...
Reply/Quote
1st and goal from the 2 and he dials up a pass play after Mixon ran down the entire field on the drive.

Followed that possession with two straight runs up the gut on 1st and 2nd down from the 7 and 6 respectively. Not creative runs just simple obvious dives based off formation.

His thinking is completely backwards.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:29 PM)kevin Wrote: Todays game in Cleveland may sum up the season.  They can get into scoring position, they just can't score.  Zac seems to lack aggression on his Red Zone play calling all season.

Oh well, last nights Ohio State win was nice into midnight.  Can't say that I jumped up ready to watch 1 win Bengals.  Game was on my TV, but I was half asleep as both teams are boring.  Patriots means 1-13 coming.  Avatar changed to a Sleeping Santa and mood change to Asleep.  With Christmas coming soon, no time to waste on this team.  They may finish 3-13, who knows, Yawn, Snore, Snore.  Yawn  Yawn

It's not lack of aggression. Just look at the series of calls at the end of the game with the ball on Cleveland's 2. 

The dude is out of his league and he has no one to help him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not lack of aggression. Just look at the series of calls at the end of the game with the ball on Cleveland's 2. 

The dude is out of his league and he has no one to help him. 

Well said. Normally, IF you have an inexperienced HC, you have an experienced OC.

Here, we have a guy with little experience as an OC and no success...not even in college. We hire this guy as HC AND give him power AND he decides to make himself OC too. And the guy he hires as OC, has no experience as an OC too in Callahan.

The Bengals thought this would usher in a modern offense. It's totally backfired.

Honestly, I'd want this staff nowhere near Joe Burrow. I'd hire McCarthy or Rivera.
Reply/Quote
How long will it be before somebody explains to ZT how horribly inept he is at play calling??

I'm convinced he couldn't call effective plays for an 8th grade football teams because I've seen a lot of High School play callers that run rings around him.

ZT would be a better HC game manager, and in-game adjuster if he swallowed his pride ans let the O coordinator call plays...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
The Rams were 16th in Redzone efficiency last season. So in all honesty it should have been something we saw coming.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Zac basically puts it on the players not executing:

On play-calling in the red zone with HB Joe Mixon:
“We felt like we had a good plan. We spent a lot of time on that red zone package and felt good about those plays giving us a chance there. We just didn’t do a good enough job.”

On growing frustration with the red zone:
“We felt like we had done a better job with it as of late, in the times that we were down there. In this game, we were very poor inside there. We felt like we had some good opportunities and didn’t capitalize on them.”
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:22 PM)J24 Wrote: The Rams were 16th in Redzone efficiency last season. So in all honesty it should have been something we saw coming.

Zac was their QB Coach. He had no responsibility in designing plays or calling them.

I think a more accurate predictor is that UC's offense was 123rd of 128 teams under him.
Reply/Quote
Better fix it quick, 'cause BB is about to have another one of these momemts:

[Image: On-to-cincinnati.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:29 PM)kevin Wrote: Todays game in Cleveland may sum up the season.  They can get into scoring position, they just can't score.  Zac seems to lack aggression on his Red Zone play calling all season.

Oh well, last nights Ohio State win was nice into midnight.  Can't say that I jumped up ready to watch 1 win Bengals.  Game was on my TV, but I was half asleep as both teams are boring.  Patriots means 1-13 coming.  Avatar changed to a Sleeping Santa and mood change to Asleep.  With Christmas coming soon, no time to waste on this team.  They may finish 3-13, who knows, Yawn, Snore, Snore.  Yawn  Yawn

I don't think the Bengals lack aggression, but I do think the playcalling doesn't cater well to getting guys open in short space.
The most points scored all season have been 23. That's pathetic in today's NFL.
If you had Bill Lazor, Hue Jackson, or Jay Gruden as OC right now, the offense would be performing (way) better.

With all that said, I'm willing to give Taylor one more offseason to right the ship.
We have heard that the Bengals FO basically chose to keep the same offensive players from last year to see what Taylor could do with them.
Maybe this offseason they will allow Taylor to have more decision-making with what players to remove and bring in.
That's about the only shred of hope I have for a Taylor-led offense at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I choose to think they choose not to score in the red zone.... #1 pick still alive
Reply/Quote
I say Taylor lacks Aggression In The Red Zone, because he doesn't take enough shots into the end zone. All of his plays are in front of the end zone. He doesn't use the big tight ends well at all. It is as if Taylor is afraid to throw the ball into the end zone, and THAT is Lack Of Aggression. Bengals had the ball in the Red Zone many times with very few passes into the end zone as he plays it safe for field goals. Something he has done in most of these close game losses. No guts, no glory. Those afraid to lose can not win. His Red Zone play calling is not Aggressive, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. This team might as well not have Eifert and TE's, because they refuse to throw it to them in end zone.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote