Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redmond Suspended for 4 Games
(05-24-2019, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have always been right with you in wanting Westerman to have a chance but he needs to be able to move lateral if he is going to start, not just down hill. Don't know if it is possible for him to change this part of his game at this point.

Yeah, Westerman needs to show that lateral movement and be able to pull faster, we will see...

My understanding was that he wasn't able to mirror his ability from LG to RG, and that's why he only was slotted for LG. And with Boling at LG, Westerman was essentially blocked. I don't recall lateral movement being a weakness of his coming into the league nor do I recall seeing it on the field when he's been on there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My understanding was that he wasn't able to mirror his ability from LG to RG, and that's why he only was slotted for LG. And with Boling at LG, Westerman was essentially blocked. I don't recall lateral movement being a weakness of his coming into the league nor do I recall seeing it on the field when he's been on there.

Thats what i thought, then i heard Sled saying that the coaches were saying it was that Westerman could only go north and south.

Thought i saw Westerman make a great pull block in Preseason last year that sprung a big run so i don't know what to think honestly. Always thought Westerman played well nearly every time i watched him but i guess my eyes have been lying to me lol
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i thought, then i heard Sled saying that the coaches were saying it was that Westerman could only go north and south.

Thought i saw Westerman make a great pull block in Preseason last year that sprung a big run so i don't know what to think honestly. Always thought Westerman played well nearly every time i watched him but i guess my eyes have been lying to me lol

I'll wait for someone else to provide evidence of Westerman's lack of lateral movement if that's their argument for Westerman not seeing the field more. I don't want to invest that much time trying to dig up game footage that I may not be able to find.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like the kid tried to take a short cut in healing. I wish him the best. No reason to cut him. He won't cost us a roster spot or salary for the first 4 games. If RG is settled by then, we cut him; if not he might be something if fully healthy.

Agreed. Trying to heal up given the recent OL signings and draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i thought, then i heard Sled saying that the coaches were saying it was that Westerman could only go north and south.

He and Sled are right; I remember Marv mentioning this in an interview, though I can't find it at the moment...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
In order to play RG, Westerman needed to have 2 or 3 false starts per game so he needed to develop that skill before Merv would play him
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Couldn't he just argue that the drugs didn't work, that his performance was in no way enhanced and his game tape is absolute proof?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 10:10 AM)McC Wrote: Couldn't he just argue that the drugs didn't work, that his performance was in no way enhanced and his game tape is absolute proof?

Maybe he took Performance De-enhancing Drugs?
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe he took Performance De-enhancing Drugs?

LOL.  PD-ED's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 01:37 PM)McC Wrote: LOL.  PD-ED's.

Kinda like restrictor plates in Nascar. Wanted to give the opponents a chance.
Reply/Quote