Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redmond Suspended for 4 Games
(05-22-2019, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like the kid tried to take a short cut in healing. I wish him the best. No reason to cut him. He won't cost us a roster spot or salary for the first 4 games. If RG is settled by then, we cut him; if not he might be something if fully healthy.

The suspension actually helps his chances of sticking, imo.  He'll start the season on the suspended list, then possibly slides onto the roster if there are injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: The suspension actually helps his chances of sticking, imo.  He'll start the season on the suspended list, then possibly slides onto the roster if there are injuries.

Plus be able to get fully healthy. This is not a Mark Walton thing. Absolutely no reason to cut this dude. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: The suspension actually helps his chances of sticking, imo.  He'll start the season on the suspended list, then possibly slides onto the roster if there are injuries.

Plus, we'll probably get a roster exemption for a week or two when he comes off suspension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jumpman makes him expendable
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plus be able to get fully healthy. This is not a Mark Walton thing. Absolutely no reason to cut this dude. 

I agree with this. No reason to cut him, and the torn labrum and hamstring injuries do have to be taken into consideration when looking at his play last year. I mean, he's a lineman, there isn't a single play where he's not pushing on his legs and shoulders....
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 08:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree with this. No reason to cut him, and the torn labrum and hamstring injuries do have to be taken into consideration when looking at his play last year. I mean, he's a lineman, there isn't a single play where he's not pushing on his legs and shoulders....

it says a lot about the rest of the Depth at ol that he couldn't be replaced with those injuries anyone that was behind him  likely wont be here this year.

But unless we move boiling to another team   I don't know what their is space for Redmond unless its as a backup RT

MJ   G/C
Glenn G/T
Boiling     G/T*   (emergency Tackle)
Miller       G
Hopkins  G/C

but no reason to cut the dude right now. we got a while before we got to trim from 90
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plus be able to get fully healthy. This is not a Mark Walton thing. Absolutely no reason to cut this dude. 

The reason to cut him is he blows, not the suspension. He just outright stinks. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
He'll undoubtedly find a new job hanging out in dark alleys with Marvin.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like the kid tried to take a short cut in healing. I wish him the best. No reason to cut him. He won't cost us a roster spot or salary for the first 4 games. If RG is settled by then, we cut him; if not he might be something if fully healthy.

Would be willing to give him a chance under Turner, maybe he can coach up the mental side of his game. Redmond does have strength that you cannot teach, he can be a road grader and plays with a nasty streak which seems to fit what Turner likes in his Lineman. He just cannot be a walking penalty out there, that was terrible last year.
Reply/Quote
poor ole Alex Red
the NFL caught him doing PED
he was good for a penalty a game
I said 4 letter words when I heard his name
yet under Marv he never found the bench
even before the snap
he did a flinch
but now we have a ex Bill
to take his place
now Andy wont have a 3 tech in his face
inside the pocket
maybe he can hit Ross blazing past corner
like a rocket
I hope Alex Red never starts again
inept players like him
is why we cant win.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just another reason why i am glad we Drafted Jordan. With Miller, Jordan and now Glenn playing LG Redmond could be out of here.

Too bad the guy just couldn't get the mental side of the game down, this is why you draft smart players.

Also Westerman. And we don't know what's happening with Boling. If they keep Boling too, that's essentially 5 IOL Redmond has to compete with. This may essentially allow him to stay through camp since he'd be on the suspended list but likely cut once he comes back barring injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 12:18 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The reason to cut him is he blows, not the suspension. He just outright stinks. 

Yep. Not only does he suck (worst on a very mediocre OL) but he’s a damn penalty machine to boot.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 01:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also Westerman. And we don't know what's happening with Boling. If they keep Boling too, that's essentially 5 IOL Redmond has to compete with. This may essentially allow him to stay through camp since he'd be on the suspended list but likely cut once he comes back barring injury.

if he couldn't get play time last year with redmon that hurt  then its doubtful he survives first cuts.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he couldn't get play time last year with redmon that hurt  then its doubtful he survives first cuts.

Don't crush my Westerman dreams!  Cry
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is great news.  Redmond was good enough to start last year despite playing through injuries.  He should be all healed and fresh legged when he returns week 5.  Probably look much better playing with no ijuries.
Reply/Quote
The big loser in this is the sellers of PEDs! Seriously, how bad would Redmond have been if he didn't take these?
Reply/Quote
to me good enough to start simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
this is about putting the very best 53/ 48 you can come September.
Redmond showed me 2 things last year

he mentally cant handle the position
and he is a liability on the field

I dont care what kind of "nasty streak" he might have.
its useless if you dont have it upstairs.
I know a great deal of legendary offensive linemen who did not have a "nasty streak" about them
and all they did was make All Pro year in year out and sometimes the HOF.

Marvin sold us fools gold on Redmond last year.
awesome he has a nasty streak. he knows how to shove a guy when the
ref isnt looking.
his grade from PFF is not a fable.
Reply/Quote
The football gods are sorting things nicely for us! Thank you!

Bye-bye Redmold!!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 06:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: to me good enough to start simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
this is about putting the very best 53/ 48 you can come September.
Redmond showed me 2 things last year

he mentally cant handle the position
and he is a liability on the field

I dont care what kind of "nasty streak" he might have.
its useless if you dont have it upstairs.
I know a great deal of legendary offensive linemen who did not have a "nasty streak" about them
and all they did was make All Pro year in year out and sometimes the HOF.

Marvin sold us fools gold on Redmond last year.
awesome he has a nasty streak. he knows how to shove a guy when the
ref isnt looking.
his grade from PFF is not a fable.

I did not mean to imply that I was satisfied with Redmonds play last year.  I was just hoping some of his problems could have been related to the injuries.  Obviously his mental mistakes have to be addressed also.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2019, 01:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also Westerman. And we don't know what's happening with Boling. If they keep Boling too, that's essentially 5 IOL Redmond has to compete with. This may essentially allow him to stay through camp since he'd be on the suspended list but likely cut once he comes back barring injury.

I have always been right with you in wanting Westerman to have a chance but he needs to be able to move lateral if he is going to start, not just down hill. Don't know if it is possible for him to change this part of his game at this point.

(05-23-2019, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he couldn't get play time last year with redmon that hurt  then its doubtful he survives first cuts.

Yeah, Westerman needs to show that lateral movement and be able to pull faster, we will see...
Reply/Quote