Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond Waived; Deion Calhoun Claimed
(09-06-2020, 03:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Glad to see Redmond gone.Consistant drive killing penalty machine.Now,if they would only play Fred Johnson in place of Hart.It’s only a matter of time before Johnson becomes the starter.

Listening to Lapham the other day, I’m not so sure Johnson has impressed the coaches and Adeniji seems to have leap frogged him on the OT depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 03:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Listening to Lapham the other day, I’m not so sure Johnson has impressed the coaches and Adeniji seems to have leap frogged him on the OT depth chart.

Based on what Lap says, and based on what I know of Adeniji and looking at some of his college tape, I think there's a good chance he's a future starting OL for us. 

Lap and Hoard were also a little down on XSF. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: 2nd year OG out of Mississippi State. Signed as a UDFA by Miami. Played 10 games last season starting 7. Best game was the game against us

Everyone has their best game against us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Dancing
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

I know nothing about this guy, but I think this falls under the same category of if they replaced Finley with a different backup. Anyone has to be better.

Amazing to me that someone in the FO actually valued Redmond at $2.13m this offseason only for him to be waived. Glad that they moved on, though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

Deion Calhoun 2019 PFF Grade: 44.2
471 offensive snaps played, 2 penalties, 2 sacks allowed

UDFA for Miami in 2019
6'3", 310lbs

Will make $675k in 2020 and $850k in 2021.

I know nothing of Calhoun as well... But I do know that people using the nickname Shaq (unless you are Shaq) is so damn lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised we took him and not one of the rookies that was cut, like Prince Tega Wanogho. I guess they really value that 1 year of experience where he was terrible in Miami.
Reply/Quote
We saved some money which is good. Hopefully Shaq fits Turners system better than Redmond and turns out to be an upgrade. Cant get much worse than Redmond, so if anything its a lateral move with some cash savings on top of it. Fine by me...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 09:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm surprised we took him and not one of the rookies that was cut, like Prince Tega Wanogho. I guess they really value that 1 year of experience where he was terrible in Miami.

They took a guy they had NFL level tape on.  Makes more sense than taking a risk on a 6th round draft pick who hasn't faced NFL competition. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's it?
Reply/Quote
I am extremely disappointed in the lack of roster movement. We won 2 games last years and hard to believe a bunch of players on the back end of our roster are more talented than guys like Rosen and a bunch of rookies - 3 year experienced players.

These decisions will determine if ZT is NFL worthy as a HC. I hope he is right and those of us disappointed are wrong.

Good news is we are 3 days from 1st NFL game and 6 days from Bengals 1st game. I am stoked, I can't watch game replays, it is boring knowing the outcome, I hate the NBA, don't care about hockey and the Reds don't excite me either.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 03:52 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Based on what Lap says, and based on what I know of Adeniji and looking at some of his college tape, I think there's a good chance he's a future starting OL for us. 

Lap and Hoard were also a little down on XSF. 

Adeniji could be a major steal.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote: They took a guy they had NFL level tape on.  Makes more sense than taking a risk on a 6th round draft pick who hasn't faced NFL competition. 

Precisely. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am extremely disappointed in the lack of roster movement. We won 2 games last years and hard to believe a bunch of players on the back end of our roster are more talented than guys like Rosen and a bunch of rookies - 3 year experienced players.

These decisions will determine if ZT is NFL worthy as a HC. I hope he is right and those of us disappointed are wrong.

Good news is we are 3 days from 1st NFL game and 6 days from Bengals 1st game. I am stoked, I can't watch game replays, it is boring knowing the outcome, I hate the NBA, don't care about hockey and the Reds don't excite me either.

What do you see in Rosen that 2 other teams that he played for didn't see?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 04:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What do you see in Rosen that 2 other teams that he played for didn't see?

Wondering the same, Rosen has sucked just as bad as Finley in the NFL...

At least according to the coaches Finley had a good camp.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: How many penalties does getting rid of Redman eliminate?

The referees will miss him.
Reply/Quote