Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond to start at RG
Redmond starting at RG in place of Hopkins.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hope he steps up.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 03:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Redmond starting at RG in place of Hopkins.

I know some get personally invested since they went on a limb and said a guy should start. I could care less, I want the OL coach to put best guys on the field and I will trust he has no bias, is not a moron, loves his job and the money it provides so wants to keep it so will choose wisely based on performance and results versus visiting this forum to help him decide.... Cool

Edit: I couldn't care less. I would hate for fans to miss the point based on a grammar error in a forum made of scholars.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 04:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know some get personally invested since they went on a limb and said a guy should start. I could care less, I want the OL coach to put best guys on the field and I will trust he has no bias, is not a moron, loves his job and the money it provides so wants to keep it so will choose wisely based on performance and results versus visiting this forum to help him decide.... Cool

You *couldn’t care less.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You *couldn’t care less.

LOL
I guess the rest went right over your head.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Alright, here's Redmond's chance to shine. We'll soon see if he has what it takes to be the man.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
4 penalties now in limited snaps in preseason, that is death to have a chance to start
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 05:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 4 penalties now in limited snaps in preseason, that is death to have a chance to start

I completely agree.  Now, I completely understand why he is the backup.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 05:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 4 penalties now in limited snaps in preseason, that is death to have a chance to start

Yes, but does not mean he can't get better as the season progresses. Ced has actually played very well since Glenn went out with shoulder injury.

Please be not serious injury, I do not want to lose Glenn.

1st half has been a butt whipping both sides of the ball. Been fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, but does not mean he can't get better as the season progresses. Ced has actually played very well since Glenn went out with shoulder injury.

Except for when the Bills run the ball, or the Bengals try to run the ball...  Our run blocking sucks, therefore our run defense is lacking as a byproduct.  If you don't practice against good blockers, you're not good against good blockers.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, but does not mean he can't get better as the season progresses. Ced has actually played very well since Glenn went out with shoulder injury.

In the nfl penalties will put you as a backup quick plus he had a chance to start you have to capitalize on that
Reply/Quote
Overall our o line has played much better thus far in pre season. Still a long way to go though before i feel confident in this group.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:03 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Overall our o line has played much better thus far in pre season. Still a long way to go though before i feel confident in this group.

A little, still a lot of questions. But your right.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:03 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Overall our o line has played much better thus far in pre season. Still a long way to go though before i feel confident in this group.

Pass pro seems improved though they are lacking some good run blockers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 04:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hope he steps up.

He stepped on his you know what. Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A little, still a lot of questions. But your right.

A little?

Last year AD was running for his life within 2 seconds. I don't think I saw was serious pressure today where a QB could not step into a throw.

It was night and day, even when Ced was at LT.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A little, still a lot of questions. But your right.

overall the pass blocking over three games was very solid with 1st unit, even with mixing some players.  Here is Andy's passing line for those games

22 out of 30, 4 TDs and 1 Sack... yes struggling on running the ball but last year we had no time at all even in preseason and scored zero TDs with 1st team.... 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A little?

Last year AD was running for his life within 2 seconds. I don't think I saw was serious pressure today where a QB could not step into a throw.

It was night and day, even when Ced was at LT.

Yes. I’m not bashing at all. But we are still struggling on the right side. Not horrible, but not good either. Plus, we were playing the Bills and they still love us.

Reply/Quote