Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
This is a running thread to be used for the 2015 season.

So far the Reds are off to a decent start this year, despite numerous injuries and the atrocity known as Kevin Gregg. Hopefully they can pull off a miracle and make the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is a running thread to be used for the 2015 season.

So far the Reds are off to a decent start this year, despite numerous injuries and the atrocity known as Kevin Gregg. Hopefully they can pull off a miracle and make the playoffs.

Gregg sucks as well as the majority of the bullpen. Bailey to IR. Phillips/Byrd got off to very slow starts. Bruce has yet to get back to his old self, and there many more reasons this team could be down where the Brewers are. Despite all that they are still in the thick of the playoff race. Division looks like it'll be impossible to take from the Cards but I'm liking the chances of making the playoffs. A few minor league pitchers step up and/or a decent trade could be all this team needs to sneak into the playoffs and who knows from there.

And I've been a huge Cozart hater over the years, but before he got hurt he was playing lights out. Hopefully he can sustain that the rest of the season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to see Gregg gone. I think we can all agree on that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Good to see Gregg gone.  I think we can all agree on that.

Yep that was terrific, but long overdue news. Reds playoff hopes just went up by about 25% lol addition by subtraction
Reply/Quote
Chapman gives up another run and gets the loss two games in a row. Nobody's perfect, but hopefully this slump doesn't last long. Reds need their stars to play great or they don't stand much of a chance.
Reply/Quote
Bullpen is looking miserable.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:41 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Bullpen is looking miserable.

I don't think it will be long before we are taking offers for Cueto and Chapman.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 03:42 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I don't think it will be long before we are taking offers for Cueto and Chapman.

Unfortunately I completely agree with this. It could be the dreaded rebuilding time by trading away superstars.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 03:42 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I don't think it will be long before we are taking offers for Cueto and Chapman.

I think there's a better chance that they'll hang around just enough to think they should keep it together.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Honestly I don't have much hope for this season ! Bullpen is just to weak, basically the entire outfield is subpar. I'll give Hamilton a bit of a break, he may still develop ? But he has to get his BA and on base % way up though.

If I'm not mistaken ESPN posted a stat last night where the Reds have the lowest BA with RISP again this season !
Reply/Quote
Oh lord how I long for the days of "The Big Red Machine".
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh lord how I long for the days of "The Big Red Machine".
tssss big red machine like this one ? [Image: red-bio.jpg]

I miss kane too or sumpthin
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Honestly I don't have much hope for this season ! Bullpen is just to weak, basically the entire outfield is subpar. I'll give Hamilton a bit of a break, he may still develop ? But he has to get his BA and on base % way up though.

If I'm not mistaken ESPN posted a stat last night where the Reds have the lowest BA with RISP again this season !

I saw a stat the other day where Votto had a BA above .400 with RISP.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh lord how I long for the days of "The Big Red Machine".

Hell, I'll settle for the 90 team again.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:05 PM)McC Wrote: I think there's a better chance that they'll hang around just enough to think they should keep it together.

A chance to do what exactly? I think the writing is already on the wall unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
What a W!
Reply/Quote
9 of 15 teams in the NL are +/- 3 games from .500 and the Reds are only 1.5 games back of the 2nd WC (Cubs). Also, the Castellinis probably don't want to start trading players until at least after the All-Star Game to keep selling tickets. If the Reds stay around .500 and within a winning streak of a WC spot, they might not even trade Cueto or Leake and just get a draft pick when they leave by free agency.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 01:15 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: 9 of 15 teams in the NL are +/- 3 games from .500 and the Reds are only 1.5 games back of the 2nd WC (Cubs).  Also, the Castellinis probably don't want to start trading players until at least after the All-Star Game to keep selling tickets.  If the Reds stay around .500 and within a winning streak of a WC spot, they might not even trade Cueto or Leake and just get a draft pick when they leave by free agency.

This. Although the bullpen is abysmal, they probably won't trade anyone as long as they hover around .500 and stay in the WC hunt.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I think Bruce and Phillips are on the block too. Luckily Phillips is having a decent year and might be tradeable again.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 01:15 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: 9 of 15 teams in the NL are +/- 3 games from .500 and the Reds are only 1.5 games back of the 2nd WC (Cubs).  Also, the Castellinis probably don't want to start trading players until at least after the All-Star Game to keep selling tickets.  If the Reds stay around .500 and within a winning streak of a WC spot, they might not even trade Cueto or Leake and just get a draft pick when they leave by free agency.

This would be delusional and short-sighted. We can't let Cueto leave without getting something decent in return.
Reply/Quote