Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
(07-29-2015, 10:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'll keep it classy but I must say I'd like to see Molina and every Cardinals announcer ever drown in a vat of cold Skyline chili.

Just kidding.........

You had me until the kidding part.  Know nothing about the Cards' announcers but I'll supply the chili to drown Molina.  I even have the vat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The trade line now past, it looks like Cueto and Leake the only players traded.......Talks of Chapman or Bruce seem to have not happened......Good, I want Chapman here. ThumbsUp
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:33 PM)kevin Wrote: The trade line now past, it looks like Cueto and Leake the only players traded.......Talks of Chapman or Bruce seem to have not happened......Good, I want Chapman here.  ThumbsUp

Players can still be traded, though it's unlikely Bruce or Chapman will be dealt since they'd have to clear waivers first.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
and Reds did get a 1st round pick from last year for Cueto, who Reds were said to be trading by media way back on Opening Day. ....So Cueto and Leake gone but Reds have been giving a lot of very young pitchers innings on the mound in the majors this season. Really Cueto, Leake and Bailey are no longer all that young. They once were young, but now have been around. Harang and Arroyo once were young. The Reds seem to be in a new youth movement at pitching, which small market teams kind of have to do. Bailey is injured as Cueto once was, but if Bailey comes back and pitches in 2016, he will become trade bait if the last place Reds are on a youth movement change. There is no telling who will get traded this off season. Votto getting hot lately may make some teams consider him and his large contract. Bruce may still get traded. Chapman may still get traded. Phillips is getting older. ....Mesoraco injury and surgery leaves his future in question....Very hard to say what players will be on the 2016 Reds in 7 months in Spring Training.

but, for now, I'm glad they still have Chapman. Keep Chapman as long as we can, he is one of the best Reds players ever. One of the best closers in baseball ever. ....and Frazier, we have the All-Star Players still....

The Reds face a huge problem if Mesoraco can never catch again. If he can play first base as most catchers can, then you don't keep both Mesoraco and Votto. If Mesoraco can hit and play first but just can't squat and catch, he is more the future than the older Votto of higher pay.

Reds did a get a 1st round pick pitcher in 2014 from Royals, so that could work out as a futures player.

Frazier won Home Run Derby.....Chapman pitched in third straight All-Star Game with a 3 strike out 9th inning.....and I'm hoping Hamilton leads majors in stolen bases. The kid plays great center and set minor league stolen base record, and has hit in the past for Reds. As Pete Rose said of young players, veterans get a book on your weaknesses and you have to adjust after some rookie success. As rookies become veterans, they have to adjust to veterans attacking their weaknesses. It's just part of the game. I look for Hamilton to make all needed adjustments and be a good, exciting hitter, Gold Glove and Lou Brock type base stealer. Sparky Anderson would say he is a young fawn as he did Concepcion in early 70's,and you play these kids because they will get better and better. Hamilton may very well become Lou Brock like which would make Hamilton a huge Reds star for a long time, and win a lot of games with his bat, his glove, his base running.

Houston and Chicago were the worst teams in baseball last year. The Reds could be on top again in 2016. ...They may have manager changes, and I would not be against Barry Larkin or Eric Davis, both who really know the game. Eric Davis has worked well with Hamilton and has shown some manager skills. I like Davis saying the wins in April count just as much as later, and so fans who want wins early are correct. Try to get out front instead of playing season long catch up. I like Eric Davis saying this. Him or Larkin could be good managers. Price hasn't really earned coming back......Lets not rule out the Reds hiring Ex Washington manager Jim Riggleman now as the third base coach. He could very easily become the 2016 Reds manager. There may be more changes in coaching than in players going into 2016 on the Reds. I see Bob bringing back Walt, and I like that Joe Morgan is a special consultant and Eric Davis and Mario Soto are front office assistants. Barry Larkin could be a great addition. I would always seek out any advise Johnny Bench has to offer and would make a great executive office advisor. Bench says he is willing to help, but the Reds have never called offering him a job. That is stupid when you look at George Brett on KC Royals payroll. Soto has shown a few Reds how to throw that nasty change-up, such as Cueto. Soto serves a great role here....I wouldn't want all ex Reds, and the Royals have some good executives and coaches they got from other teams. Brett did be their hitting coach helper a year ago and then back in front office, but I'm sure he helped as Joe DiMaggio being hitting coach for Reggie Jackson and others early didn't hurt the Athletics winning 3 straight World Series. Ted Williams and Ted Kluzewski were great hitting coaches. These behind the scenes people can really make a difference between winning and losing. I have to think Bench could teach these catchers a few things, and Bench also knows what pitchers are doing wrong, fast, and Bench knows hitting. Why aren't the Reds calling him and having him as an assistant ??? I think if they put together a top front office and top coaches, they will get better results from the players, as has Kansas City and Houston.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Man its obvious Lorenzen was rushed up... He needs to be sent back down.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 04:06 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Man its obvious Lorenzen was rushed up... He needs to be sent back down.

Yea, he's obviously talented. But he just doesn't have enough control to be a major league starter right now.

Send him down, give Reed or Muella a  try out in the majors. Or Stephenson. Or Travieso.

We have so much young talent in our minors, it would be interesting to see what we have this year.
Reply/Quote