Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
(05-24-2015, 10:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep ! Sadly as you say, it's time to hit the restart button. Just suck it up and take the losses. Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Cueto, maybe even Chapman all need to go. Get whatever you can for them and start rebuilding.

Something has got to change because it's obvious Dusty was not the only problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 07:52 PM)67bengals Wrote: Reds are in for some long term bad times.

It appears we are repeating the Marge era with not enough attention to minor league program.

It does not appear to me that Reds have ANY good hitting prospects in the minors.

They need to trade as many people as possible and re-load like the Astros have done.

Sad to say but that is where the franchise seems to be at the moment.

1940 to 1975 ( 35 years) between WS winners.  1990 plus 35 years equals 2025. That may be what we are looking at right now.  

The Reds are just an awful team right now with no help on the way.

We have a few good hitting prospects and one of them might be the best in the minors in Jesse Winker.
We are loaded with pitching prospects, this is why we should be trading Cueto, Leake and Chapman for position player prospects, particularly outfield and middle infield.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 10:45 PM)treee Wrote: Something has got to change because it's obvious Dusty was not the only problem.

Yep ! We've basically had the same problems 3 years running - can't hit with RISP, bullpen issues, (to put it mildly) little if any help coming from the minors. To many base running mistakes, inability to bunt and get the small game going. And on and on

I'm still holding out hope for Hamilton but we can't keep a guy leading off with that bad an OBP !
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 11:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep ! We've basically had the same problems 3 years running - can't hit with RISP, bullpen issues, (to put it mildly) little if any help coming from the minors. To many base running mistakes, inability to bunt and get the small game going. And on and on

I'm still holding out hope for Hamilton but we can't keep a guy leading off with that bad an OBP !

Why don't they put Hamilton 9th? There's still a good chance he'll have Votto batting behind him.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 11:42 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He does his job really well, and it'll suck to see him go, but they could really help out their future by shopping him to someone that feels that they're one player away.  I know that it's still early and anything could happen, I just don't see this team pulling off a miracle.  There just isn't enough talent there right now.

Yeah... I'd rather not trade Cueto, but damn,.... this team needs some bats. They still can't move base runners. I hate feeling like the season is lost on Memorial Day, but in all likelihood, it is.

It's amazing Cueto won as many games as he did last year, and nobody really wants to see him go, but there is some pitching in the minors. It just sucks to have to wait for them to develop.

The Reds' collapse in the 2012 playoffs burns my ass way more than any of the Bengals' post season eggs. That team was hot at the right time, and I really feel like they could have won it all. It's amazing how fast "the window" can slam shut.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 02:45 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah...  I'd rather not trade Cueto, but damn,.... this team needs some bats.  They still can't move base runners.  I hate feeling like the season is lost on Memorial Day, but in all likelihood, it is.  

It's amazing Cueto won as many games as he did last year, and nobody really wants to see him go, but there is some pitching in the minors.  It just sucks to have to wait for them to develop.  

The Reds' collapse in the 2012 playoffs burns my ass way more than any of the Bengals' post season eggs.  That team was hot at the right time, and I really feel like they could have won it all.  It's amazing how fast "the window" can slam shut.

I think they have a .6% chance. They would need to win 70 games rest of season. So yeah, not gonna happen.

For the record, I also think it's time for a change. never seen a more life less team.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 10:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think they have a .6% chance. They would need to win 70 games rest of season. So yeah, not gonna happen.

For the record, I also think it's time for a change. never seen a more life less team.

9 in a row?... C'mon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Indians win the pennant! The Indians win the pennant!

Felt fitting snapping a 9 game skid...
Reply/Quote
I have been one of the most positive Reds fans around here, but even I have to admit that it looks like time to hit the reset button.
Reply/Quote
What are they saying on the local channels about mesoraco? Is he going to get the surgery and be done for the season?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have been one of the most positive Reds fans around here, but even I have to admit that it looks like time to hit the reset button.

Yes it is Fred ! This current core for whatever reasons just Isn't gonna get it done.

(05-27-2015, 06:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What are they saying on the local channels about mesoraco?  Is he going to get the surgery and be done for the season?

I haven't heard anything lately.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that the Reds won't lose tomorrow...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 06:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What are they saying on the local channels about mesoraco?  Is he going to get the surgery and be done for the season?

Some sort of hip impingement and is most likely done for the year... And could be worse seeing as his position
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Reds are showing signs of life this weekend. I like Lorenzen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They actually looked great this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 03:42 PM)McC Wrote: Reds are showing signs of life this weekend.   I like Lorenzen.

(06-01-2015, 12:47 AM)Timmanis2000 Wrote: They actually looked great this weekend.

I'm not getting to excited that's it's something that's going to continue though. I pray they do turn it around but this is still the same team with the same problems they've had 3 years running now.
Reply/Quote
I've seen enough of this team. I don't think this current make-up has s chance to win the WS. I'd prefer the losing to continue this year to convince the front office of that, so they'll trade some vets to rebuild the farm system and get some fresh blood here to start rebuilding for 3 years from now. I say follow the Astros and Rotals blueprint.
Reply/Quote
Until Cueto comes back (tomorrow?) we have 1 pitcher from last year's rotation. Good to see the young guys get some experience.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Until Cueto comes back (tomorrow?) we have 1 pitcher from last year's rotation.  Good to see the young guys get some experience.

They swept the hottest team in the NL with three rookie starters and, gasp, timely hitting, which didn't hurt either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There goes Byrd's trade value, if he had any. Fractured wrist.

At least Cueto looked healthy and tradable.
Reply/Quote