Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 2015 season thread
(06-03-2015, 01:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: There goes Byrd's trade value, if he had any. Fractured wrist.

At least Cueto looked healthy and tradable.

Yeah him having some season ending problem would have been a disaster.

Last night felt like an old pair of comfortable shoes.  Cueto gives up one earned run, leaves with a two run lead, and before you get back from the bathroom, it's all gone.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mattheus pitched the 7th and in 9 pitches got the side out in order. Why make the pitching change in the 8th to Jumbo? Can't relievers, if they have an effective inning, pitch another inning? Especially if they only threw 9 pitches....
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:39 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Mattheus pitched the 7th and in 9 pitches got the side out in order.  Why make the pitching change in the 8th to Jumbo?  Can't relievers, if they have an effective inning, pitch another inning?  Especially if they only threw 9 pitches....

Curious isn't it ?

Bruce has lost us many games because he can't hit with RISP, guess he felt it was time to lose us one on defense.

To bad about Byrd, I was beginning to believe he was going to have an ok year.
Reply/Quote
I looked up Byrd's replacement, Ivan DeJesus. Really? A 28 yr old minor leaguer? That's the best we have ready or close to ready?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 04:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I looked up Byrd's replacement, Ivan DeJesus.  Really?  A 28 yr old minor leaguer?  That's the best we have ready or close to ready?

Hopefully it's Boesch out there full-time now. But, it's not like we're winning anything this year, might as well try out an actual prospect like Winker or Rodriguez.
Reply/Quote
Well it's official, the Reds bullpen is back to totally sucking. And this includes Chapman, he has like 8 or 9 walks in his last 3 appearances ! And he just gave up a 4 run ninth inning lead. Just unbelievable - two ninth inning leads blown in a row.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well it's official, the Reds bullpen is back to totally sucking. And this includes Chapman, he has like 8 or 9 walks in his last 3 appearances ! And he just gave up a 4 run ninth inning lead. Just unbelievable - two ninth inning leads blown in a row.

Wink

Reply/Quote
Remember when the Reds swept the Nationals? That was fun.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Remember when the Reds swept the Nationals?  That was fun.

May be the last fun we have this year. When your "closer" walks the bases loaded on 12 pitches three games in a row, you can tell you have trouble. LOL

How many runners we strand last night like 14 ? This team is headed to the basement.

Let the fire sale begin, after the All-Star break.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 05:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hopefully it's Boesch out there full-time now. But, it's not like we're winning anything this year, might as well try out an actual prospect like Winker or Rodriguez.

Yes, they will certainly bring him up during roster expansion. I think he will stay in the bigs also. Hope he turns it on a little better than b-ham.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: May be the last fun we have this year. When your "closer" walks the bases loaded on 12 pitches three games in a row, you can tell you have trouble. LOL

How many runners we strand last night like 14 ? This team is headed to the basement.

Let the fire sale begin, after the All-Star break.

We was 1-20 with RISP. Let that sink in... 1 for freaking 20!

I think the firesale starts before the ASB. This team wasn't talented enough to win a WS most likely, but no way are they THIS bad. I see zero motivation.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Funny, I was sort of following the game on atbat with the 4-0 lead, Leake throwing a 1 hitter going into the 8th and I thought, "There's no way they're going to win this game. .."
Reply/Quote
Blow a 4-0 lead in the last 4 outs....

Rock bottom is officially here fellow Reds fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We was 1-20 with RISP. Let that sink in... 1 for freaking 20!

I think the firesale starts before the ASB. This team wasn't talented enough to win a WS most likely, but no way are they THIS bad. I see zero motivation.

I've seen Votto barely move past jogging going to first on a ground ball waaaaaayyy to many times. A couple weeks ago the 2nd baseman booted a grounder on him and he kicked it in, but was of course to late ! That's no way to play the game.

At least put forth a good effort on any and every ground ball until you see the ball into the 1st baseman's mit. Just like the Bengals, the heart, soul, and leadership of this team is broken, when you get right down to it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've seen Votto barely move past jogging going to first on a ground ball waaaaaayyy to many times. A couple weeks ago the 2nd baseman booted a grounder on him and he kicked it in, but was of course to late ! That's no way to play the game.

At least put forth a good effort on any and every ground ball until you see the ball into the 1st baseman's mit. Just like the Bengals, the heart, soul, and leadership of this team is broken, when you get right down to it.

The players have probably lost faith in Price making any good decisions with relief pitching. Hard to go all out when you know your manager is just going to give it away in the 7th and 8th innings.
Reply/Quote
I entirely loathe my favorite baseball team.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 07:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The players have probably lost faith in Price making any good decisions with relief pitching. Hard to go all out when you know your manager is just going to give it away in the 7th and 8th innings.

Point taken

But still in my mind this team needs a serious shaking down. A reboot, or whatever you want to call it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Point taken

But still in my mind this team needs a serious shaking down. A reboot, or whatever you want to call it.

I agree. I think we should follow the examples by the Astros and Braves. Everyone is available for the right price. Get younger, cheaper and fresh start. 

Top guys to trade:
Cueto
Chapman
Phillips
Bruce
Frazier
Leake
Votto (unlikely due to contract)
Reply/Quote
So the Reds are planning on bringing Mesoraco back from the DL this season as a left fielder... :crazy:
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I agree. I think we should follow the examples by the Astros and Braves. Everyone is available for the right price. Get younger, cheaper and fresh start. 

Top guys to trade:
Cueto
Chapman
Phillips
Bruce
Frazier
Leake
Votto (unlikely due to contract)

Hopefully, if we do rebuild, it won't be on the fifteen year plan, like the Astros employed or the Pirates twenty year plan or the Cubs hwever many years plan.  Hopefully, it will be like the Marlins, who have built winning teams, torn them down and been right back in it in a couple years.  They've done this more than once.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote