Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
Hindsight is 20/20, but this team really should have taken some of the money they dropped on offense and spent it on relievers.
Reply/Quote
From my Fantasy Teams, I just dropped Castillo. I couldn't carry his bad year any longer in this short season.

Reds now play St Louis today. I heard Disco might pitch. Would be BIG to win game 1 tonight. Set themselves up to win 3 game series.

Reds lost to Cardinals, Split with Brewers and Cubs. THIS WEEK Reds need to BEAT Cardinals and BEAT Pirates to make Play-Offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
When you look at the standings on ESPN.com they have a column for "chance to make playoffs". By won/loss record Reds are 11th in NL, but by "chance to make playoffs" they are 9th. I assume this is based on the strength of their remaining schedule.
Reply/Quote
Disco can;t find strike zone in 4th
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, walked 2 to load the bases, grand slam followed, go figure
Reply/Quote
Disco with an ERA over 7.50 on the season now.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 09:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Disco with an ERA over 7.50 on the season now.

He's had what, one good outing on the season?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Varsity playing the Jayvee again.

The Cardinal have this weird magic formula they use.

At the plate, if you throw them a first pitch strike, they hit it! If you throw them a pitch in the dirt, they take it!

And their pitchers--they have this weird thing they do where they throw strikes and don't walk guys.

Weird, I know. Whatever this voodoo is that they're using, maybe the Reds can channel it. Just as a change of pace.

If the Reds could just stop taking good pitches and stop swinging at bad pitches, their run production would double.

I guess the bottom line is that the Reds are self defeaters. That comes from one place--the manager. Good ol' DumbBell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: He's had what, one good outing on the season?

IIRC his first two outings were great. He's been getting worse every game since.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 09:54 PM)McC Wrote: The Varsity playing the Jayvee again.

The Cardinal have this weird magic formula they use.

At the plate, if you throw them a first pitch strike, they hit it!  If you throw them a pitch in the dirt, they take it!

And their pitchers--they have this weird thing they do where they throw strikes and don't walk guys.

Weird, I know.  Whatever this voodoo is that they're using, maybe the Reds can channel it.  Just as a change of pace.

If the Reds could just stop taking good pitches and stop swinging at bad pitches, their run production would double.

I guess the bottom line is that the Reds are self defeaters.  That comes from one place--the manager.  Good ol' DumbBell.

I'm so hoping Bell is gone after this pitiful season.
Reply/Quote
There's 25 games left and the Reds need to win like 18 of em. Sad
Reply/Quote