Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
The 7th. Reds batter walks to start inning, but Votto hits an easy double play. Cast grounds out. No Runs. Then the Marty commercial for meat company with the big breasted blonde. It's funny because Marty is smiling never taking his eyes off her rack. OK, back to winning this game. ..Ouch, Cardinals just made it 4 to 2. Molina is killing them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've seen all I need to see, this team just doesn't care.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jones got rung up and Cardinals now up 6 to 2 ...Reds no runs in 8th....It looks like Cardinals win Series 3 out of 4. That 1st game Gray had and Iglesias blew in 9th HURTS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just when you think you've seen it all. 3-2 count on Winker and he gets hit on the end of the right elbow. Not only did he called for leaning in (which he appeared to do) but he was called out because the ump said it was on the inside corner of the strike zone. Never seen that happen. Not sure it was a strike but an odd play anyway.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
But by far the biggest problem with the Reds is, they suck.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 11:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: But by far the biggest problem with the Reds is, they suck.

Accurate.

Reply/Quote
GET OVER IT

I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN

NO PLACE TO RUN TO BABY, NOWHERE TO HIDE

These songs sum up Reds taking on Milwaukee tonight. The St Louis series they lost is over. The Reds have won a series from Milwaukee and need to win another. If Reds win this they are still in the hunt for 2nd or 3rd place play-off spot and a Red October.

We hit Milwaukee with Bauer, Castillo, Gray and that improves Reds chances.

As for hitting, this Moose has to get healthy from here on out. He has missed a ton of games, but when he does play they score more runs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 05:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've seen all I need to see, this team just doesn't care.

"Caring" has nothing to do with it.

Why can't players just be bad players?  Why do you have to turn it into something personal and make them bad people instead?
Reply/Quote
That was pure stupidity by Bauer.
1st Inning
RBI single by Smoak on a 3-2 fastball right down the middle

3rd Inning
2 run home run by Smoak on a *surprise* 3-2 fastball right down the middle

Jim Gray just said "5 of the last 6 Reds base runners have been erased by double plays by the very next batter." That's a sign of a non-prepared baseball team that doesn't understand situational hitting.

Edited it add: Chris Welsh was also talking about not having hitters that can bunt and not having hitters that can hit and run. Modern baseball sucks.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Game over man, game over.
Reply/Quote
Reds backs are against the wall now. They need Castillo to turn it around and pitch great Tuesday and Sunday. A big week from Castillo would help. Reds bats need to wake up. 3 game losing streak. Time to end it and also still try to win this Brewers series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Reds backs are against the wall now.  They need Castillo to turn it around and pitch great Tuesday and Sunday.  A big week from Castillo would help.  Reds bats need to wake up.  3 game losing streak.  Time to end it and also still try to win this Brewers series.

And the fat lady is at the mic. If the Reds don't go on a big time winning streak, right now, it's over. And they've got 4 against the Cubs around the corner. Their chances are very slim, there's like 11 teams in NL with fewer loses.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the fat lady is at the mic. If the Reds don't go on a big time winning streak, right now, it's over. And they've got 4 against the Cubs around the corner. Their chances are very slim, there's like 11 teams in NL with fewer loses.

.500 will probably get them in the playoffs.  Even though they have looked bad all year they were hovering around .500 until the Cards series.  

Now they are 5 games under .500, and they don't show any signs of getting ready to improve.
Reply/Quote
While it's still mathematically possible, realistically, it looks like there's little to no chance.

They can't even string two hits together. If they can't hit homers, they can't even score. They truly suck at driving in base runners when they even have the chance.

They don't show anything that would even create hope. They just don't even seem to care. And their manager can't even help because he is just plain awful.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They are behind the Marlins in the wildcard hunt. The only NL team with a worse winning percentage than the Reds are the Pirates.
Reply/Quote
Votto takes a strike 3 on a pitch shown to be just inside that should have been ball 4 and a run. First Brewers hitter in the bottom of the inning takes a pitch in the same spot and it’s called a ball. Unreal.
Reply/Quote
I disagree on the Votto call, Cinci. I see it as Votto's wimpy approach screws up again. One of the biggest unwritten rules in baseball . . . too close to take with two strikes. I did not see the next inning so I can't compare the pitch to the Brewers hitter.

This is where I blame Bell. Batters are going to the plate and just "doing their thing" instead of playing within the team's needs. Players don't think of their slumps so much when they lift a deep fly ball when you need one or hit a ground ball to second to advance a runner and they come back to the dugout with high fives instead of "get 'em next time".

The Castellanos/Galvis force out to the plate is on the third base coach. He should have recognized it wasn't going to be caught and sent him sooner.

Then Winker, when the team just needs a base hit, goes full Scott Schebler and tries to hit the five run homer and winds up popping out.

Congrats to Mark Payton for picking up his first MLB hit.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:26 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I disagree on the Votto call, Cinci. I see it as Votto's wimpy approach screws up again. One of the biggest unwritten rules in baseball . . . too close to take with two strikes. I did not see the next inning so I can't compare the pitch to the Brewers hitter.

This is where I blame Bell. Batters are going to the plate and just "doing their thing" instead of playing within the team's needs. Players don't think of their slumps so much when they lift a deep fly ball when you need one or hit a ground ball to second to advance a runner and they come back to the dugout with high fives instead of "get 'em next time".

The Castellanos/Galvis force out to the plate is on the third base coach. He should have recognized it wasn't going to be caught and sent him sooner.

Then Winker, when the team just needs a base hit, goes full Scott Schebler and tries to hit the five run homer and winds up popping out.

Congrats to Mark Payton for picking up his first MLB hit.

Votto is one of the best in the game at knowing where the strike zone is. Yes it might have been to close to take but it was a ball and a game changer in the end. It would have scored a run and still had bases loaded with no outs. The pitch to the Brewer player was literally in the exact same spot called a ball that time. Bell came out and questioned it. I was a little surprised he didn't get tossed.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 05:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've seen all I need to see, this team just doesn't care.

Same.  This is so pathetic.  Bell may not be the sole problem but Bell is certainly not the answer to the team's woes.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Even with a DH in the lineup everyday the Reds team batting average is .203.

Dead last in the major leagues.

Rangers are the only team scoring fewer runs per game than the Reds.
Reply/Quote