Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
(08-02-2020, 05:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Iglesias looks like himself and closes it out!

Also looked like Votto there too LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No Moose in game 2. Hopefully it doesn't mean his elbow is hurt bad and it's just precautionary.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That was one Hell of an at bat by Davidson. Nice to see Suarez get a nice swing in there. He's been getting lots of poor contact this season. Let's hope he's snapping out of his long off-season and finally has his timing back.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Aquino is easily safe. That 2nd base ump was in a horrible position to make that call.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! I was recording records and moving around the office during most of the first game, I didn't see/hear about Tigers reliever Tyler Alexander and his record setting domination of the Reds

12 batters faced
55 pitches
38 strikes
1 walk
1 hit batter
1 pick off/caught stealing
10 strikeouts
struck out first nine batters he faced
0 pitches hit in fair territory

And then there's the Cincinnati bullpen.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
And just like that maybe they’re not dead yet..

4-5

Reply/Quote
SWEEP!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
And in addition to the Tyler Alexander story . . . this was just his 18th MLB appearance and he set a reliever record. Pretty impressive.

So far . . . this is the Bauer we were expecting last year. All over and around the plate but never down the middle unless it's a hard breaking curve ball. Currently sporting a sweet 0.68 ERA. I've stated before how Lorenzen is just a thrower . . . Bauer is a pitcher.

I hope Moose and Votto are OK.

This team is deep. Maybe relying on their new vets(again, so far, great off-season) and not having minor leaguers popping up to fill holes will help this season because outside of a few high draft picks, the Reds farm system has been pretty underwhelming.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Like I wished, LET'S WIN TWO. ...Started day 2-5. Another rain delay looked bad. They got 2 in. Reds now 4-5 and THAT is a Very Good Day at the Ballpark.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In the 14 innings played today, the bullpen only handled 2 innings.

That's how you win games with this team Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In the 14 innings played today, the bullpen only handled 2 innings.

That's how you win games with this team Big Grin

Y'all got any more of them 7-inning games? LOL.
Reply/Quote
They needed that bad. Now if they can beat the Indians
Reply/Quote
When's the last time it was August 3 and we were only 3 games back outta first? Forget the reason, it still feels good!
Reply/Quote
Votto negative for covid, is activated and starting.

Also, Castellanos is NL player of the week. Turning out to be a great signing by the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 06:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Also, Castellanos is NL player of the week. Turning out to be a great signing by the team.

I think the signing of Moose got a lot more hype because 2B is not a position known for big offensive production.  But I said all along that Castellanos was a better hitter. 
Reply/Quote
Another game that is rain delayed.
Reply/Quote
Come on Gray
Reply/Quote
Is that Dan Plesac's kid pitching against us
Reply/Quote
Welcome back Votto! 2 run homer to put the Reds ahead!
Reply/Quote
Lorenzen with a perfect inning! It's a miracle!
Reply/Quote