Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
Votto now tied with Tony Perez for 3rd most home runs as a Red.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 12:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Votto now tied with Tony Perez for 3rd most home runs as a Red.

Is old Votto back ? I sure hope so

And Gray's on fire
Reply/Quote
Reds go from 2-5 to 5-5 ....Back to .500.....The percentage of wins may be all MLB can go on in 2020. These teams missing games may not be able to make them up. In the NCAA not all teams in football or basketball play the same amount of games. MLB has all teams that finish 1st or 2nd in their division in play-offs plus 4 of the 6 teams in 3rd place. You simply go on percentage as just 4th and 5th place teams left out of play-offs and one 3rd place team. They are still on pace to have a World Series even if they can't make up games. It is Covid 2020 and nothing is perfect, you just get by the best you can until hopefully a 2021 of Covid cures and less Covid. So Reds back to .500 is huge. Lets be in the 16 teams that go Play-Offs start of October.

I hope they don't rush Bauer. He threw a lot of pitches Sunday. His regular day to pitch would be to start Milwaukee series and that is a big game to use him in.

Baseball may be doing something great for USA. They are wearing masks. Some Covid players but they take off and come back. Most aren't getting it. It could be those that did got it in a bar and not the ballpark, such as Miami, could be. Baseball is showing you can still wear a mask and be a man. Plus the stressed out USA needs Baseball. If Baseball can play August and September and play-offs and World Series in October, the USA is in dire need of that in 2020. If they have to shut it all down, OK. Players health comes first. It would be great for USA if Baseball can pull this off.....Baseball is taking the politics out of Covid, and somebody needed to.

So Reds at .500 to start August 4th. 3 Wins in a row. I'm not that big on Cincy vs Cleveland. I'm sure the play-off tie breakers will be head to head and division record like NFL. Just hoping Reds bats coming out of Spring Training mode as well as Bullpen. Maybe they just needed their innings in after Covid lay-off of close to 4 months and no real baseball in 10 months. They needed to knock the rust and dust off and get their innings in. Hopefully they are good to go now back to .500 ball.....GO REDS. ...With Gray, Castillo, Bauer, Reds have pitching to win a World Series. The old saying Good Pitching stops Good Hitting, which has been proven correct many times, Koufax & Drysdale, The 69 Mets, the 1990 Reds. and a lot more examples. Gray, Castillo and Bauer could take Reds a long way in the play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Castellanos with another homer!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Suarez finally gets his first bomb!
Reply/Quote
How bout that bull pen
Reply/Quote
And the pen blows the lead.
Reply/Quote
big error to start the inning too
Reply/Quote
Ugh this pen.
Reply/Quote
5-6 record now. Mahle vs Bieber so I'm not surprised a Cleveland win. Reds 3 game winning streak ends. The rain postponed games and Sunday Double Header have me not sure who pitches when. Bauer Sunday would normally be Friday. Gray Monday would normally be Saturday. Mahle just pitched. At some point Castillo maybe in Cleveland. That leaves Disco and Miley which is 6, unless Miley still listed as injured or whatever.

If we get a split with Cleveland, OK. 3 of 4 even better. I'm looking ahead to division Milwaukee this weekend. I hope it is Bauer and Gray to pitch first 2 games. I don't know where rest of pitchers used now after postponed games and double headers. I would guess Castillo in Cleveland. I think Disco could be a great #4 pitcher as expected.

I'm not upset Reds lost to Bieber, one of 10 best pitchers in game in 2019. Reds 5-6 with their better pitchers getting lined up for this week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Through 11 games:
Starters Line:
11 GS, 7 QS, 4 W, 2 L, 60.2 IP, 40 H, 16 ER, 3 HR, 15 BB, 80 K, 11.86 K/9, 0.91 WHIP, 2.37 ERA (this includes Wiley's disaster start).

Relievers Line:
0 GS/QS (obviously), 1 W, 4 L, 33.1 IP, 30 H, 23 ER, 10 HR, 15 BB, 49 K, 13.23 K/9, 1.35 WHIP, 6.21 ERA

We desperately need more of them 7 inning games haha.

If we choose to remove Wiley's disaster start, the Starters line is:
10 GS, 7 QS, 4 W, 1 L, 59 IP, 36 H, 11 ER, 3 HR, 13 BB, 77 K, 11.75 K/9, 0.83 WHIP, 1.68 ERA

Not that it matters, but I was just curious :).
Reply/Quote
Just cant walk three guys in an inning when you are protecting a lead. Cant beat yourselves. Tucker must have blocked 10 pitches in the dirt the one inning.
Reply/Quote
It's been announced that last thursday's rainout against the cubs will be made up as part of a double header at home on August 29 4:10pm.
Reply/Quote
Tejay Antone is our starting pitcher tonight and Moose is not in the starting lineup. Haven't heard anything more about his elbow so hope this isn't a bad sign.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 12:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Votto now tied with Tony Perez for 3rd most home runs as a Red.

Shame Votto played in a losing era for the Reds.  He is one of the best hitters of his generation and many Reds fans just shit on him.

Among active players with at least 3000 plate appearances Votto is 1st in OB% (.421) 2nd in OPS (.941) 3rd in BA (.306) and 10th in SL% (.520).  Won an MVP and finished in the top 10 in MVP voting 6 times.  Won a Gold Glove.
Reply/Quote
Antone on mound tonight. Reds announcers just said Castillo Thursday. Then Bauer, Disco, Gray over weekend. Monday off and Reds plan Castillo Tuesday which sets up Bauer, Disco, Gray again before Reds may be looking at a 5th pitcher around 8-15. .....So that cleans up who pitches where after all the rain schedule problems last week. Reds just decided to use Antone tonight and reset pitching rotation without someone pitching sooner.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
And Lorenzen lets the game get out of hand.
Reply/Quote
Castillo on the mound to get Split in this Cleveland Series. Reds will be 1 game under or 3 games under .500 at days end.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Brooks Raley DFA'd and Jose De Leon called up. Josh VanMeter and Tejay Antone optioned to cut down to the now required 28 player limit.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/reds-designate-brooks-raley-for-assignment.html
Reply/Quote
We really don't want these Cincinnati vs Cleveland games. Watching the Reds hitters get blown away by Bieber, Clevinger, Carrasco isn't much to watch on TV.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote