Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 2023 thread
Couldn't stay up and watch game, lol. And glad I didn't. Greene rocked again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why start Cruz when you know that you are going to pitch Lively? I cannot stand watching Dumb Bell screw up this team game after game. Remember that this is the same manager that lost 100 games last year. The only reason they have a winning record is by the outstanding play by 6 or 7 rookies, not by the ''leadership'' of their coaching staff.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 11:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Why start Cruz when you know that you are going to pitch Lively? I cannot stand watching Dumb Bell screw up this team game after game. Remember that this is the same manager that lost 100 games last year. The only reason they have a winning record is by the outstanding play by 6 or 7 rookies, not by the ''leadership'' of their coaching staff.

And they just signed him to an extension...   Sick

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Absolutely terrible whiff by McLain on what should have been a game ending double play ball.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely terrible whiff by McLain on what should have been a game ending double play ball.

That wasn't going to be a DP. No way they get the out at second. Still should have been 1 out and game over by now.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:27 AM)cinci4life Wrote: That wasn't going to be a DP. No way they get the out at second. Still should have been 1 out and game over by now.

It absolutely had a chance at being at DP.

Reply/Quote
Idk how much longer I can watch MLB with these umpires. It’s beyond terrible.

Reply/Quote
Holy shit :lol:

Reply/Quote
Hell of a comeback win.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It absolutely had a chance at being at DP.

Go back and watch it again. If he gets it clean and tries to go to second they likely get no one out. Runner was practically at the base when the ball got to McLain. Got the win and that's all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:50 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Go back and watch it again. If he gets it clean and tries to go to second they likely get no one out. Runner was practically at the base when the ball got to McLain. Got the win and that's all that matters.

Moot point since they won but McLain has to make that play. It was as routine as it gets.

Crazy that a balk cost Arizona the game, but I’ll take it.

Reply/Quote
No chance of it being a DP. Carroll was way too close to 2nd base. He just choked. He tried to hurry instead of being calm and sure. The play was to first base with Carroll sitting at second with two outs, but he tried for what wasn't there.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The Reds keep hanging on. Come back win 41 tonight. The most in MLB. At least we are winning.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 11:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Why start Cruz when you know that you are going to pitch Lively? I cannot stand watching Dumb Bell screw up this team game after game. Remember that this is the same manager that lost 100 games last year. The only reason they have a winning record is by the outstanding play by 6 or 7 rookies, not by the ''leadership'' of their coaching staff.

Yup

I've said it before, to say the least, but I despise Bell's bouncing around lineup (everyday) with a passion !! Put Friedl at leadoff and leave him there. Put McClain 2nd and leave him there, So on so on.
Reply/Quote
Exactly! I feel like the only guys who should be shuffled around are the bottom of the lineup guys minus Benson. Benson needs moved UP in the lineup and if he continues to hit, needs to stay in that 5-6 spot. And stop playing him in LF. RF / DH only! Leave the Stephensons, Fairchilds, Senzels, and recent call ups / occasional platoon guys to take those 7-9 spots until they prove otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:05 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Exactly! I feel like the only guys who should  be shuffled around are the bottom of the lineup guys minus Benson. Benson needs moved UP in the lineup and if he continues to hit, needs to stay in that 5-6 spot. And stop playing him in LF. RF / DH only! Leave the Stephensons, Fairchilds, Senzels, and recent call ups / occasional platoon guys to take those 7-9 spots until they prove otherwise.

Bingo

IMHO it helps guys settle in, gain confidence, adapt to the system, however you want to put it? Put Steer on 1B, LF, whatever and leave him there. Not 3B today batting cleanup. LF tomorrow batting 6th, 1B the next day batting 3rd, and on and on and on.

They can't get comfortable, at all. In playing their position, who's batting around them? Does this guy in front of me steal bases? Just on and on
Reply/Quote

Guessing it must have been a pitch count thing? Anyway it's not like this move is a Bell original. Other managers even this year have done the same thing with a starting pitcher coming back from the IL.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Guessing it must have been a pitch count thing? Anyway it's not like this move is a Bell original. Other managers even this year have done the same thing with a starting pitcher coming back from the IL.

I understand having an opener . . . having two made no sense. If he brings in Lively instead of Moll, Lively probably pitches through the 8th since he wound up being so pitch efficient. Yet another game where Bell's decisions result in more relievers being used than were needed.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I understand having an opener . . . having two made no sense. If he brings in Lively instead of Moll, Lively probably pitches through the 8th since he wound up being so pitch efficient. Yet another game where Bell's decisions result in more relievers being used than were needed.

He did pitch through the 8th anyway after coming in with 2 outs in the 3rd and in fact got the first out of the 9th. The fact he threw only 66 pitches is a pretty good indicator they had a pitch count in mind for him. So whether he came in before Moll or after very likely had no influence on the number of relievers used especially since our closer blew a 3 run lead in the 10th forcing an extra pitcher for the 11th. You're really making a big deal out of nothing on this one.
Reply/Quote
Man the Padres suck. They had a 4-2 lead on the Brewers going to the bottom of 6 and give up 7 runs now losing 9-4.
Reply/Quote