Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August games thread
Looks like they start off the Mets series with an impotent performance. This team cannot hit. They lose India to a re-injured hamstring and Moustakis to an injured calf. New pitcher looked alright, I guess. Kind of looked like Tony Santillan as in nothing looks spectacular. Just another pitcher. Not a bad curveball, though.

Close game until the 8th when Aquino looked like a Little Leaguer twisting himself around trying to catch a deep fly ball by Naquin. Very poor technique made him look foolish, as he wound up giving up on the play which should have ended the inning. Instead, it was a two run triple for Naquin. He normally looks good on defense, not on this play.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I hope the Reds can win tonight. India out for a while again. Looking forward to the corn field game on Thursday.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 01:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I hope the Reds can win tonight. India out for a while again. Looking forward to the corn field game on Thursday.

Or not. He's in the starting lineup tonight.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 04:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Or not. He's in the starting lineup tonight.

Huh ? never would have guessed that. Perhaps luck is smiling on us for a change ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Huh ? never would have guessed that. Perhaps luck is smiling on us for a change ?

Or he's pushing it too hard causing him to have a lingering injury that makes him miss games next season.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Zeuch (never heard of him) pitching for Reds today. But when you're facing one of the best teams in MLB I guess it's a good test for him ?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Zeuch (never heard of him) pitching for Reds today. But when you're facing one of the best teams in MLB I guess it's a good test for him ?

I follow the minors closely to check up on prospects, but admittedly never heard of this guy.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/z/zeuchtj01.shtml

He's pitched in the big leagues with Toronto and is from Mason. My first reaction, "Such a Cincinnati Reds move..." I can already hear Jim Day overhyping the hometown kid from Mason is taking the mound.  Sick
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I follow the minors closely to check up on prospects, but admittedly never heard of this guy.

He's pitched in the big leagues with Toronto and is from Mason. My first reaction, "Such a Cincinnati Reds move..." I can already hear Jim Day overhyping the hometown kid from Mason is taking the mound.  Sick

Yep and he's 6'7" so Randy Johnson 2.0
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I follow the minors closely to check up on prospects, but admittedly never heard of this guy.

Never heard of him either.

former first round pick in 2016, but never lived up to it.  He is 26 now with only 49 innings pitched in the major leagues.
Reply/Quote
I predict Kyle Farmer has a good game in the Field of Dreams tonight. Heck, he can harvest the corn.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The volume on this Field of Dreams game is horrendous. I can’t hear a ***** word Johnny Bench is saying.

Reply/Quote
Jose Barrero has struck out at least once in all 8 games that he has played since being called up at the beginning of August (17 total), with 3 of those games striking out 3 times or more (1 golden sombrero).

He has not walked once.

It's still early, but I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jose Barrero has struck out at least once in all 8 games that he has played since being called up at the beginning of August, with 3 of those games striking out 3 times or more (1 golden sombrero).

He has not walked once.

Well, he can join Aquino. They have a hard time with major league pitching.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
There's a reason they traded for multiple shortstops. He's plateaued at the plate and he's not what they hoped. I said it before, this is a chance to showcase him for a trade this off-season or next year. I don't think he's part of their plans anymore.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jose Barrero has struck out at least once in all 8 games that he has played since being called up at the beginning of August (17 total), with 3 of those games striking out 3 times or more (1 golden sombrero).

He has not walked once.

He needs to lay off that down and away pitch. He swings at it every damn time.
Reply/Quote
Not going to get any easier with the Phils coming to town Monday.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:25 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, he can join Aquino. They have a hard time with major league pitching.

Barrero hit in the minors.  Aqino didn't.

Jose is obviously not 100% healthy.  Last year at Louisville he hit .306/.392/.594.  This year it was .209/.262/.377.

Lat's wait and see what he can do next year when he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 01:25 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, he can join Aquino. They have a hard time with major league pitching.

And then Aquino connects on a 3 run bomb.
Reply/Quote
Losing streak is over!
Reply/Quote
Appears India is back in the lineup tonight.
Reply/Quote