Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Fan Forever!
Tiger

I sure miss my RedLegs! 
We'll be back in 2024
They'll give David Bell another opportunity to lose himself out of a job. He'll be a casualty of the rebuild but he won't lose 100 games next season. I like the club to be 60 in the lost column +/- 5 games. The kids will get thier opportunities early and some will be called up and it will be exciting baseball for periods.
https://youtu.be/RPtrlkid-xU

Reply/Quote
Tiger

I love the Reds with half my heart .
What can this organization do to turn it around?
Well this fanbase hated Dusty Baker lets just call it what it is. The guy just wins
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:11 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I love the Reds with half my heart .
What can this organization do to turn it around?
Well this fanbase hated Dusty Baker lets just call it what it is. The guy just wins

To be honest, you or I could manage this Astros team to the playoffs year after year. I only hated his use of the bullpen when he was here. Rose was bad with the pitching staff, even admitted that it was a challenge, but Dusty's use of the bullpen and the starters left many people going "huh?" or "Why would you bring THIS guy in for THIS situation?" I didn't have too much of a problem with anything else while he was here.

I hate Bell, much, much more than I ever hated Dusty. The only reason Bell didn't suck as much as a manager this year is because of the DH rule taking away his "need" to use the double switch so much. It drove me nuts as he would take out two starters from the field in double switches before the 8th inning in almost every single game. So you would wind up with two starters getting two to three plate appearances and two bench players getting one to three plate appearances. Game after game of this, your regulars don't get enough plate appearances to be at the top of their game so you wind up with a roster of bench players. It's just that some, the 'starters', play a little more than the others and mostly play at different times of the game and the true bench players wind up playing the important last few innings of the game.

But all of this bitching means nothing. I watched almost every game of this pathetic season. I missed a few while on a fishing trip and watched most of the ones I missed while I was gone but found out the scores of the other games(both were losses) so I just skipped them. The reality is that no matter what idiot they put in charge of this team, I'll still be rooting them on until the day I die.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I was raised a Reds fan and still am one at 60 years old next month. Nothing has compared to the 1975 and 1976 seasons to me. 1990 was also a great year for us. I am saddened to see the Reds in the shape they are in at the moment. I too hope for a better season in a few years. Would love to see another World Series championship soon.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As a lifelong Reds fan I don't remember wanting so badly to hire an assassin to bump off team ownership..Too bad I can't afford it.
I really hate losing interest in the team, but this clown show has pretty much done it.
Maybe I'll commit the cardinal sin and become a Mets fan since they have an A affiliate here in town..Tickets are cheap.  I always liked fireflies anyway. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 06:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: To be honest, you or I could manage this Astros team to the playoffs year after year. I only hated his use of the bullpen when he was here. Rose was bad with the pitching staff, even admitted that it was a challenge, but Dusty's use of the bullpen and the starters left many people going "huh?" or "Why would you bring THIS guy in for THIS situation?" I didn't have too much of a problem with anything else while he was here.

I hate Bell, much, much more than I ever hated Dusty. The only reason Bell didn't suck as much as a manager this year is because of the DH rule taking away his "need" to use the double switch so much. It drove me nuts as he would take out two starters from the field in double switches before the 8th inning in almost every single game. So you would wind up with two starters getting two to three plate appearances and two bench players getting one to three plate appearances. Game after game of this, your regulars don't get enough plate appearances to be at the top of their game so you wind up with a roster of bench players. It's just that some, the 'starters', play a little more than the others and mostly play at different times of the game and the true bench players wind up playing the important last few innings of the game.

But all of this bitching means nothing. I watched almost every game of this pathetic season. I missed a few while on a fishing trip and watched most of the ones I missed while I was gone but found out the scores of the other games(both were losses) so I just skipped them. The reality is that no matter what idiot they put in charge of this team, I'll still be rooting them on until the day I die.

Tiger

The Reds will be back and I promise you that!
I'll be getting my season tickets for the first time this offseason. This will be title town in two years in both sports.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 10:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: As a lifelong Reds fan I don't remember wanting so badly to hire an assassin to bump off team ownership..Too bad I can't afford it.
I really hate losing interest in the team, but this clown show has pretty much done it.
Maybe I'll commit the cardinal sin and become a Mets fan since they have an A affiliate here in town..Tickets are cheap.  I always liked fireflies anyway. 

Me too

I'm probably at an all time low besides the first couple seasons after the strike. I'm just hoping they give me a little something to cheer about this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I'm not sure why its my love for the Cincinnati Reds on this day that brings a tear to my eye. Maybe its because I love the Cincinnati Reds! We'll be back soon!
Reply/Quote