Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Game Seats Question
A few co-workers and I are going to the Cubs early game 01 SEP 23. One of the dudes is a little older and has requested shade if possible.

So my questions the those that frequent the games we're looking ay tickets in the 400s and 500s:

Afternoon game best shade generally: 1st base/3rd base/home plate?

How far up in the 400s do you have to sit to get shade from the 500s?

Is there shade at the top of the 500s?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A few co-workers and I are going to the Cubs early game 01 SEP 23. One of the dudes is a little older and has requested shade if possible.

So my questions the those that frequent the games we're looking ay tickets in the 400s and 500s:

Afternoon game best shade generally: 1st base/3rd base/home plate?

How far up in the 400s do you have to sit to get shade from the 500s?

Is there shade at the top of the 500s?

If it's an evening game, sitting 1st base line is usually pretty good. However, a noon/1 PM game I believe most of the sections are directly in the sun.

Your best bet to avoid the sun is going to be sitting near the last few rows of a section.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
First base side has the most shade. Third base side is in the sun. There will be a lot of Cub fans.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If it's an evening game, sitting 1st base line is usually pretty good. However, a noon/1 PM game I believe most of the sections are directly in the sun.

Your best bet to avoid the sun is going to be sitting near the last few rows of a section.

(08-23-2023, 04:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: First base side has the most shade. Third base side is in the sun. There will be a lot of Cub fans.

Thanks, I've been to PBS a few times but never GABP. The same guy who wants an afternoon game is the one who wants shade. I can get us all seated together in Row O of section 414. It's on the 3rd Base side, but it's 2nd to last row (only handicapped behind us). Nothing in the 400s is available down the 1st base side and many don't want to pay 300, 100 level prices

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks, I've been to PBS a few times but never GABP. The same guy who wants an afternoon game is the one who wants shade. I can get us all seated together in Row O of section 414. It's on the 3rd Base side, but it's 2nd to last row (only handicapped behind us). Nothing in the 400s is available down the 1st base side and many don't want to pay 300, 100 level prices

According to this link, only Rows Q and R in Section 414 are considered "under cover."
https://www.rateyourseats.com/great-american-ball-park/seating/sections/414

I was able to find this for you - https://www.rateyourseats.com/great-american-ball-park/seating/shaded-covered-seats
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Something that's not listed on there that we found last year....try going to the Machine Room.
Last year, it was a Wings & Rings restaurant open to the public and is air conditioned on the 2nd level I believe.
It's on the 3rd base side.
We got there early enough that we were able to get a table right by the window and were able to watch the entire game in the AC.

I am not sure if you'd still be able to watch the game from here, but it was pretty cool.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: According to this link, only Rows Q and R in Section 414 are considered "under cover."
https://www.rateyourseats.com/great-american-ball-park/seating/sections/414

I was able to find this for you - https://www.rateyourseats.com/great-american-ball-park/seating/shaded-covered-seats

Ocho... You're my new favorite poster. Got seats in ROW P and Q in 413. P will be shaded most of the game and Q the whole game. Even got 2 aisle seats. 

If anyone makes it to the game look me up (unless you're mad at me). I'll be Section 413 Row Q seat 1. 

And Ocho if you make it, beverage of choice is on me.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ocho... You're my new favorite poster. Got seats in ROW P and Q in 413. P will be shaded most of the game and Q the whole game. Even got 2 aisle seats. 

If anyone makes it to the game look me up (unless you're mad at me). I'll be Section 413 Row Q seat 1. 

Lol unfortunately I live in Nashville and got plans that weekend so won't be able to make it.
But thank you for the offer!

I'm lucky to go to one a year nowadays. Haven't been to one this year, don't think I will be getting up there to see one.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ocho... You're my new favorite poster. Got seats in ROW P and Q in 413. P will be shaded most of the game and Q the whole game. Even got 2 aisle seats. 

$16 for a Beer!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: $16 for a Beer!!!

Yea, it's pretty expensive.
But I think part of the reason is to discourage people from drinking so much.
I know it makes me only want to have one lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote