Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Have Worst Attendance in 38 Years
Just heard this on the News. So that goes back to the awful Reds of the early 1980's that had a 100 loss season and fans didn't come back until Reds brought PETE ROSE & TONY PEREZ back, and started rebuilding the team.

I wear my Reds Winter Jacket, and last Winter strangers at stores saw my jacket and all said the same thing, they were unhappy Reds let Castellanos and Suarez go.

Worst attendance in 38 years shows highest paid Red ever Votto does not put fans in the stands, nor does over paid Moose. The votes are in, people are not paying to watch them play.

The bad news is Votto has one more year, and maybe the Moose. The good news is they can dump this payroll and start to put a good team on the field in 2024. I'm watching Rays vs Guardians in Play-Offs as I type this. Guardians have the youngest team in baseball. The Rays aren't far behind as The Rays do well in the Super Tough American League East every year with a a small market payroll. So The Reds could do the same if they just get with the times, accept Cincy is small market, and get away from Ken Griffey Jr or worse Joey Votto type contracts. The Rays would never make a 10 year, no trade contract to anybody, and The Rays WIN.

Worst Attendance in 38 Years ....THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN....They are NOT going to pay to watch what Reds put on the field in 2022. As I wore my Reds Winter Jacket last Winter, I had strangers see my Reds Jacket and they said they were upset at who Reds were not keeping. Of course nobody was happy about Reds losing almost every game in April.

The Good News is The Reds should get better once they can dump Votto and Moose GIANT PAYCHECKS, and be more wise with Payroll as Tampa Rays are. The Guardians showed that with all these players out of the minors, they can Go Play-Offs. So I do think better days are ahead for The Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 02:15 PM)kevin Wrote: Just heard this on the News.  So that goes back to the awful Reds of the early 1980's that had a 100 loss season and fans didn't come back until Reds brought PETE ROSE & TONY PEREZ back, and started rebuilding the team.

I wear my Reds Winter Jacket, and last Winter strangers at stores saw my jacket and all said the same thing, they were unhappy Reds let Castellanos and Suarez go.  

Worst attendance in 38 years shows highest paid Red ever Votto does not put fans in the stands, nor does over paid Moose.  The votes are in, people are not paying to watch them play.  

The bad news is Votto has one more year, and maybe the Moose.  The good news is they can dump this payroll and start to put a good team on the field in 2024.  I'm watching Rays vs Guardians in Play-Offs as I type this.  Guardians have the youngest  team in baseball.  The Rays aren't far behind as The Rays do well in the Super Tough American League East every year with a a small market payroll.  So The Reds could do the same if they just get with the times, accept Cincy is small market, and get away from Ken Griffey Jr or worse Joey Votto type contracts.  The Rays would never make a 10 year, no trade contract to anybody, and The Rays WIN.

Worst Attendance in 38 Years ....THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN....They are NOT going to pay to watch what Reds put on the field in 2022.  As I wore my Reds Winter Jacket last Winter, I had strangers see my Reds Jacket and they said they were upset at who Reds were not keeping.  Of course nobody was happy about Reds losing almost every game in April.  

The Good News is The Reds should get better once they can dump Votto and Moose GIANT PAYCHECKS, and be more wise with Payroll as Tampa Rays are.  The Guardians showed that with all these players out of the minors, they can Go Play-Offs.  So I do think better days are ahead for The Reds.

I wouldnt mind seeing a pic of you in this Reds jacket. 

Have you ever considered doing a podcast?
Reply/Quote