Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto Bobbleheads, But No Votto
Soon coming is Joey Votto Bobblehead Game in Cincinnati. However Votto has just been moved to 60 Day IL and has yet to play a game for Reds in 2023. With The Moose being paid huge by the Reds to play for another team. With Joey Votto paid 25 Mil in this the last year of his no trade contract. The Reds promotion of Joey Votto Bobbleheads is hanging on to the past. Perhaps they wanted Votto to go out with a Bang. He is going out as if he is already gone, unable to hit in the minors when on rehab.

After the World Series played by teams other than the Reds, this team can be glad the Votto and Moose contracts of mega Millions are over. Reds sign no more checks to either. A good off season to look to the future.

I'm sure Joey Votto Bobblehead Game was set up for his last season, but Joey Votto hasn't played a game for the Reds in a long time now. Sadly his Bobblehead will show up at GABP before Votto does, and it remains in question if Votto plays at all his last year.

No, this is not Hate for Votto or Moose. Just the fact that their huge contracts win the Reds no games. They are like heavy anchors holding the team back. Contracts that forced letting go of other players who Reds could have used. Luckily, their contracts end after this season, and Reds can look to the future instead of clinging to ancient history. If Reds once called Frank Robinson an old 30, what does that make 39 year old Votto who never plays anymore. In a few days, his Bobblehead will have been in more games this year than he has been in.

Just as The Bengals could not start winning until it got out from under player contracts that were like giant anchors holding the the Bengals down, and once those contracts terminated the Bengals began to win, the same situation applies to The Reds and giant anchor contracts holding team down, but contracts that are coming to an end.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Votto played well in his early years. I always thought the long term contract was a bad idea. I don't think Votto will see another Reds game. He will retire a Red. I just hope the Reds have learned from the Griffey and Votto contracts regarding long term deals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote