Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2023 Games Thread
(05-07-2023, 10:28 PM)samhain Wrote: He seems to do the right thing in just about every situation.  He also works his ass off.  

Many believe that the outfield is going to be the dump for the overflow talent that will eventually come from the minors.  Friedl might just hold one of those spots down and create a real infield glut.

Depends on how long the guys in the minors take, and how many actually pan out. 

The downside to Friedl is that he's already in his age 27 season. That's the downside with all guys who break into the majors late and don't immediately hit the ground at a full sprint, it isn't long after they put things together in the majors until they start declining. Basically what we saw with Todd Frazier, peaked in his age 28 season, was still very good for his age 29 season, and then started the decline. So I am not sure if he'll be part of the next good Reds team (whenever the hell that mythical time may come) or inevitably be trade bait in a couple years when some team trying to win a WS needs a solid CF at the deadline.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Since there is no game tonight, Balley sports is showing last night's drubbing again. How about a world series game or something? lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Cessa finally DFA'd! Don't know how it took this long to happen.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds did their best to blow a 7-1 lead but held on to win 7-6.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds did their best to blow a 7-1 lead but held on to win 7-6.

Mets should have won it. However, what was the deal with the home plate umpire calling strikes way outside?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:23 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cessa finally DFA'd! Don't know how it took this long to happen.

Me either ?? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mets should have won it. However, what was the deal with the home plate umpire calling strikes way outside?

I know, his strike included like 10 inches outside and at times way high. It was nuts
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mets should have won it. However, what was the deal with the home plate umpire calling strikes way outside?

Yeah that was so bad. I was waiting for an ejection to come because of him and not a crazy play at 2nd base. Wil Myers (i think it was him) got away with one on that play. That looked pretty blatant.
Reply/Quote
Reds have 2 games to win 1 game and Series. Of course a SWEEP of NY Mets in Cincinnati would be even better. At least win 1 more.

And I know, New York never gets the calls ( ha ha ). Poor New York, Bring me the pillow that you cry on, so I can cry over New York teams too.

Go Reds, Beat Mets.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
On days when our new “ace” pitches, the offense takes the day off. Gonna be strange seeing a sub 3.00 ERA pitcher with twenty losses by season’s end.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 12:07 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: On days when our new “ace” pitches, the offense takes the day off. Gonna be strange seeing a sub 3.00 ERA pitcher with twenty losses by season’s end.

Yup

He should have 2 if not 3 wins by now. Just can't get any run support, at all.
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN METS SERIES

Good job at home by Reds. Nice series Win at Home

Starting with Lively the Reds pitchers mowed down Mets hitters today

Reds are now 3 Wins, 2 Losses, 2 Ties at Home

Reds doing much better at home than on the road. Good, at least win some games for home town fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Shut out, Nice Now bet some more wins.
Reply/Quote
The offense seems decent at manufacturing runs and small ball. If the kids come up and can make the adjustment to the majors, they'll have power to go with it.
Reply/Quote
The Reds now go on the road, and the Reds are AWFUL on the road. They do OK in Cincy, but AWFUL on the road.

So I'm not expecting much out of Reds in Miami or Denver where they are not home doing their little Viking helmet thing.

However later in May, the Yankees and Cardinals come to Cincinnati. GABP should be full stadium every game, Reds Fans, but Yankees and Cardinals Fans will buy all available extra seats. The Reds have a chance against Yankees and Cardinals simply because The Reds play better in Cincinnati.

So Marlins and Rockies may just clobber the Reds, because this minor league like Reds team is not good on the road, but they do play good ball at home.

Marlins Pitching may silence Reds bats. Then Reds pitching in Colorado may get hit hard. Reds haven't won a road series, not that I know of.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds pull out a win 6-5 on an unexpected bullpen day as Lodolo was scratched and sent back to Cincy to have testing done on sore ankles/calves. Diaz just threw 40 pitches over 1 2/3 innings after Legumina got hurt. Weaver is going to have to put in some innings tomorrow. No way Diaz pitches tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds pull out a win 6-5 on an unexpected bullpen day as Lodolo was scratched and sent back to Cincy to have testing done on sore ankles/calves. Diaz just threw 40 pitches over 1 2/3 innings after Legumina got hurt. Weaver is going to have to put in some innings tomorrow. No way Diaz pitches tomorrow.

Interesting stat from today's game. Jake Fraley, who had 4 RBIs in this game, has 28 RBIs for the season. Last season, he had 28 RBIs in 68 games. He has played 35 games so far this season.

In his two seasons with the Reds, his slash line has been .259/.349/.456/.805 with an OPS+ of 115 (Before today's game, so it's likely slightly higher now).

He is currently tied for 15th in the majors in RBIs.

This guy was such a diamond in the rough. It's crazy that we got a middle of the line up hitter as, basically, an add on to the Suarez/Winker trade (Williamson was generally considered the "main get" of that trade, I believe). And he still has his entire 3 year arbitration period with the team!

The trade wasn't even that bad for the Mariners either. Suarez has been slow starting this year, but last year he gave them 150 games of 128 OPS+ play and is under team control for fairly cheap through 2025 with a club option. Winker was a bit more up and down, but still posted average OPS+ (102) and was a piece in the Kolten Wong trade. Granted, that trade hasn't gone great for Seattle so far, but it hasn't been going well for Milwaukee either haha.
Reply/Quote
18-21
3.5 games back
Senzel hitting
India shining
Friedl growing before our eyes
Steer not fazed by his slump
Almost a quarter of the season gone and still no Votto.
Bullpen starting to come around and becoming somewhat reliable.

If only they would fire Bell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reds WIN first road series

They have a chance to get The Sweep on Sunday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 08:36 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 18-21
3.5 games back
Senzel hitting
India shining
Friedl growing before our eyes
Steer not fazed by his slump
Almost a quarter of the season gone and still no Votto.
Bullpen starting to come around and becoming somewhat reliable.

If only they would fire Bell.

Don't forget Fraley. Team leading 28 RBI's, batting (in today's world) a somewhat respectable .269, 5 dingers. Will it continue? Let's hope
Reply/Quote