Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
(05-26-2024, 02:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Now that the Reds are up 4-0 they need to get through the top of the 5th quick. Weather is going to hell soon.

Right...Need to get 5th inning over with.  That way if rain ends game, REDS WIN and SWEEP DODGERS. 

If Reds get Dodgers out in top of 5th, I hope Reds make 3 fast outs bottom of 5th.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Game is official. Bring in those storms.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Reds out. Rules I see say it has to be 5 innings, not 4 and half. Either way, it is 5 innings in now.

Tarp just came on the field. This rain is suppose to last hours. Could be end of game. That helps Reds, they won't have to use all their bullpen on this bullpen game of no true starter. Reds will have better bullpen against St Louis that way.

RAIN DELAY, but many cities moved starting time up due to this storm. It could also effect Indy 500 and NASCAR. It's suppose to rain until about 5 or 6, then rain again from 9 PM to 3 or 4 in morning. If so, this game is over and Reds SWEEP Dodgers.

IF game over, that is Reds win 23 and Reds are 4-2 on this Holiday Homestand. That would have me hoping Reds get win 24 on Memorial Day in first game of St Louis series in GABP. If Reds can take 2 from St Louis, that gets Reds to 25 wins. Not 30 wins end of May, but far better than where Reds were after awful first half of May. The closer Reds can get to 30 in May, the better.

NL Central Standing not that bad. Reds could move up fast on everybody but Milwaukee, With 4 months left, Reds could catch Milwaukee also, but not as fast. Keep in mind Reds have most of their games against Pirates, Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers still to be played. Reds have been playing a lot of tough teams, but have played very few Division games. Plus Reds hoping to get Friedl back soon and McLain maybe around All-Star Game to finish. Reds could get injured pitchers and hitters back to get after the NL Central teams head to head.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 02:44 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad Reds out.  Rules I see say it has to be 5 innings, not 4 and half.  Either way, it is 5 innings in now.  

Tarp just came on the field.  This rain is suppose to last hours. Could be end of game.  That helps Reds, they won't have to use all their bullpen on this bullpen game of no true starter.  Reds will have better bullpen against St Louis that way.

RAIN DELAY, but many cities moved starting time up due to this storm. It could also effect Indy 500 and NASCAR.  It's suppose to rain until about 5 or 6, then rain again from 9 PM to 3 or 4 in morning.  If so, this game is over and Reds SWEEP Dodgers.

It depends on who has the lead in the 5th. If the away team is leading the home team would have to bat in the bottom of the 5th to be official. If the home team is leading after the away team bats in the top of the 5th it's official.
Reply/Quote
Reds Game is suppose to Restart in about 5 minutes at 2:45

Reds were ready to go to their 3rd bullpen pitcher anyway. He threw 4 and 1/3 innings, which is long for a reliever. He can't get warmed back up after rain delay. Neither can Dodgers pitcher who has thrown a lot of pitches. TWO NEW PITCHERS when game resumes any minute.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Spiers gets Dodgers out top of the 6th

We are back to needing to win this game. No rain stop help. Reds ahead 4 to 0.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Spiers gets Reds through top of the 7th.....Still 4-0 with Reds ahead.

Reds will have to face Betts, Ohtani, Freeman again before this is over. Reds could use more runs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Spiers gets Reds through top of 8th. Still Reds 4, Dodgers 0

Dodgers will have top of order in 9th. It's the Dodgers, so I won't celebrate until 9th over and Reds win.

Alexis Diaz up in bullpen for 9th.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
4 to 0 in 9th inning.

Spiers still on the mound. Diaz warming.

Mookie Betts.....Fly Out to RF

Ohtani.....error on Steer, but could have been too hot to handle hit.

Freeman...Double....Ohtani scores....4 to 1 Reds lead.

In comes Diaz.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I sorta questioned Bell leaving Spiers in for the ninth with who LA had coming up. Even with a four run lead, that's a high pressure situation for a young newcomer.
Reply/Quote
T. Hernandez.....Diaz strikes out

Pages......Diaz strikes out

Reds Fans holding up brooms....SWEEP of Dodgers.

Now it's win 23

35 thousand fans. That makes 168 thousand fans spending money on this long Holiday homestand with Cardinals coming in Memorial Day. Reds 4-2 on this homestand.

GO REDS....Get win 24 tomorrow against Cardinals.

GREAT SWEEP OF DODGERS in GABP for FANS on Memorial Day Weekend.

They say Lodolo back and on mound tomorrow.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Don't think any of us thought a sweep of the Dodgers was possible for us. Amazing job guys!!!
Reply/Quote
Sweeping the Dodgers, just like we all predicted would happen Friday morning.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reds vs Dodgers 2024
Wins
4 Cin
3 LA

Runs
28 Cin
24 LA

Hits
51 Cin
47 LA

Home Runs
8 Cin
6 LA

I have no idea what to make of that

Interesting comment by the Fox crew yesterday . . . The Reds have played more games in Dodger stadium than they've played in their own division.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Cardinals playing late tonight. Hope they are tired tomorrow for the day game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Division games coming up, this is where we can make up some ground, provided the boys got their heads outta their collective arses with this recent sweep of the Dodgers and we start winning more frequently. We need some momentum heading into June!
Reply/Quote
It'll be nice to have Lodolo back today.
Reply/Quote
Probably the best at bat of Will Benson's career as a Red. Two strikes and he slowed down his swing for an opposite field ground ball single. Yeah, he got caught stealing afterwards, but that was the most maturity that I've seen from him so far.

I'm liking this "Herd Of Bees" guy. He's giving me strong TJ Friedl vibes.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
This home plate ump is awfully generous with the outside part of the plate.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 06:47 PM)cinci4life Wrote: This home plate ump is awfully generous with the outside part of the plate.

More proof of bad management by Bell.

You find that out, spread the word through out your dugout and then your hitters aren't being caught by surprise late in the game.

The only triple that I ever hit in High School baseball came from our coach telling us that our catcher told him that the ump was giving strikes a full baseball and a half outside of the strike zone. I got to a 1-2 count and he threw a lower fastball off of the plate that I would have normally let go by me but I dove into it and lined a shot over the 2nd baseman's head that split the right fielder and the center fielder.

It irritates me to no end that my high school coaches taught me basic stuff that these guys don't seem to know. I had more outfield defensive ability than most of these guys, but hey . . . if you just focus on left/right splits it all works out I guess. You can still keep your job if Nick Krall is your boss.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote