Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
Oh boy! Leadoff walk.. Lorenzen pinch running for Barny.. If they just tie it up Farmer will be catcher in the 10th.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Outrageous.. Hughes couldn't buy a called strike and Wilson gets em way up at eye level.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
BOOOOOO! 

Reply/Quote
One week in and this team looks as inept and rudderless as the last few seasons. Maybe they still need time to gel and work Bell’s system, but this is looking like a fire sale is coming in June/July.
Reply/Quote
BREWERS SWEEP REDS

Reds are now 1-4 on the season. They keep blowing close ball games. Today Castillo pitched good enough to win. Reds score no runs and lose 1-0. If you can't score 1 run, you can't win. Really, the Reds pitchers have kept these games low score enough to win, but the hitting stinks so far, including Votto. We are never suppose to mention Votto not hitting.

Reds now go to Pittsburgh for 4 games. Maybe Reds can do better against them. They aren't good enough for 1st place Brewers yet. Reds need some wins against Pirates because 1-8 would be awful.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We need Scoot and Senzel out there. Liven up those bats
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
Team needs to survive without Scooter until June. They need to call up Senzel as soon as he is able to play CF. This is depressing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 05:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Team needs to survive without Scooter until June.  They need to call up Senzel as soon as he is able to play CF.  This is depressing.

I heard Lance on 700 saying the Reds outfield besides Puig is a combined 1- 42. Schebler is 0-17 and isn't even making contact. Puig is only batting .188 The leadoff spot has 0 hits and 0 runs. IIRC he said the team combined batting average is like .168

Or in other words our offense has sucked ! Lets hope they can turn it around against Pittsburgh ? We can't afford to dig another hole like last year.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind, that the bats were the Reds strength. this is really sad
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I originally had high hopes for this team until Spring Training. We came out of it in trouble so I am not surprised. Unfortunately, we are in the basement again. But, not alone as the Cubs are also 1-4.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Put Puig in CF for a game or two and give Schebler a couple days off. Put Peraza leading off move Votto back to batting 3rd, get Kemp in there. Shake it up some !
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:13 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Put Puig in CF for a game or two and give Schebler a couple days off. Put Peraza leading off move Votto back to batting 3rd, get Kemp in there. Shake it up some !

Agree on all points. Peraza should be leadoff with Winker being 0-13. Drop Votto down until he wakes up.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:55 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree on all points. Peraza should be leadoff with Winker being 0-13. Drop Votto down until he wakes up.

Rough start for Winker, agreed, but he's also running into some back luck there.

Kemp can't make contact with offspeed to save his life.
Schebler can't make contact with a fastball to save his life.

At least Winker is making hard contact half the time. Smashed a line drive right at the third baseman, and hit another to deep left-center that the CF had to catch at a dead sprint before hitting the wall. That's just some bad luck there. 0-13 is 0-13, but at least it's an 0-13 with some bright side.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jordan Lyles has an 8.03 era in over 24 innings in PNC Park which means he'll suddenly be in the running for the Cy Young award if only he has to pitch every remaining game against the Reds all season..
I'm outright refusing to believe Reds batting average the rest of the season will be in the .011 range. Prove me wrong Reds! 

Reply/Quote
Mercy. If Reds bats don't come alive sooner or later the pitching will have to throw shutouts all season just to win another game.. 

Reply/Quote
On the bright side neither Wink nor Sheb are oh fers anymore..  To bad every pitcher is looking like a 30 game winner against them..  Mahle's still tossing zeros.. 

Reply/Quote
Good outing by Mahle.. 0 runs, 5 hits, no walks in 6 innings.

Reply/Quote
I feel zero confidence now.. 1-0
Apparently last year's pitching was swapped with this year's hitting.
Good pitching, terrible hitting.. Oh boy! 

Reply/Quote
Looks like the Dodgers knew what they were doing when they let Turner walk. They’re now the best hitting team in baseball and we all know how the Reds hitting has been.
Reply/Quote
Reds now 1-5. No runs last 2 games. Reds getting pitching, but no hitting. Someone please tell Reds Spring Training is over and these games count. To this point, I'm not sure why if they play Puig they have to bench Kemp. If they play Kemp they have to bench Puig. Why not try playing both Dodger trade players, because the left over 2018 last place Reds still stink.

I'm now hoping this isn't another season that I stop watching last place Reds by Kentucky Derby Day. Now is when new manager Bell has to step up and do something. Wake this team up. Winker & Votto were awful in March, so with them now batting #1 and #2 lead-off, I'm not surprised no runs crossing the plate. Boy, does this team miss Scooter so far.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote