Pray
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This offense has to get hot at some point. Glad the young kids are pitching well.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 02:12 AM)jmccracky Wrote: This offense has to get hot at some point. Glad the young kids are pitching well.

Well, technically they don't have to get hot. It would be really nice, but it's not an actual MLB requirement.. dammit!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Schebler finally got a hit ?
Reply/Quote
Our pitching is great!

Our offense sucks ass. Are we sure these guys are the same ones from last year?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 08:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Our pitching is great!

Our offense sucks ass. Are we sure these guys are the same ones from last year?

Yep

Votto .190 
Puig .150 
Schebler .050 
Suarez .200
Winker .059
Kemp .077

Combined they have 5 RBI's ! The heart and soul of our offense is all sick at the same time and they're digging a deep hole already.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 08:29 AM)treee Wrote: Schebler finally got a hit ?

A nice, solid double to left center.. I kind of wonder what it is he's chewing on when he's up to bat. It looks like a chunk of aluminum, but I don't actually know what it is.. Maybe they oughtta go back to chewing tobacco.. Yeah, I know..so out of fashion these days, but there used to be some really good tobacco chewing players over the years.. Heck, bring back a cigar chomping manager! No? Well darn..  Nervous

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 10:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Votto .190 
Puig .150 
Schebler .050 
Suarez .200
Winker .059
Kemp .077

Combined they have 5 RBI's ! The heart and soul of our offense is all sick at the same time and they're digging a deep hole already.

Dead last in runs, hits and RBI's, but above average in strike outs..Tigers lead the league in striking out with 89. Reds are way down as 20th place in strikeouts with just 55 SO's and tied at 20th in walks..
In the pitching department we're in 8th place in ERA's with a team ERA of 2.89.. Not too shabby! 23rd in hits with just 45 as opposed to Texas with 73 hits given up. But 8th place with 32 BB.  The good news is Chicago's pitching thus far has been even worse..Not sure if that's good or bad, but it's what it is. We're number one with the reddest team name known as the Reds! (followed closely by the Red Sox and they don't even spell SOCKS correctly!) Yey Reds..
(Just in case anyone is even the slightest bit interested, the name Redlegs is militaristic in origins.. https://www.abtryassoc.org/misc_pages/redlegs.html ) or may have been poor white indentured servants from Ireland and Scotland in the Caribbean in the 17th century although that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cincinnati Redlegs.. Back to your regularly scheduled programming..

Reply/Quote
I am calling it now.
The Red's bats come alive today.

Wasted
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 01:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am calling it now.
The Red's bats come alive today.  

Wasted

I'll Drink to that

Cheers
Reply/Quote
Uhh..still just 3 hits, 0 runs after middle of 5th.. Sonny throwing good though with a  1 hitter in 4.. Make it after 5 innings now ..  Problem is Pittsburgh pitching is doing just a tad better. 

Reply/Quote
The bats are still cold as ice.
Reply/Quote
I tell ya
bats
come
alive
today...(gulp)

Drunk
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 09:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The bats are still cold as ice.

Foreigner did a song about our offense this year..
https://youtu.be/mjwV5w0IrcA

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 09:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: Foreigner did a song about our offense this year..
https://youtu.be/mjwV5w0IrcA

haha yep
Reply/Quote
Nice .wild pitch on Gray with Marte on 2nd,  no out..now on 3rd, 1 out 

Game over..1-0

Great 6 by Gray.. 7th? Not so much..

Reply/Quote
Barny isn't worth squat tonight at blocking pitches in the dirt.. 2 have gone past under him this inning for 2 total bases.. 

Chicago catcher having the same problem against Milwaukee..  (split screen with mlb.TV)

Reply/Quote
Gonna and should challenge the bunt single..He was out, but really close . Probably won't get overturned and didn't..

Reply/Quote
I'm done for awhile until I read about them hitting and scoring.. This is pathetically bad now.. Defense is falling apart now. Very possible that I cancel mlb.tv..  

Reply/Quote
Shutout for 3rd game in a row ! Their bats are just dead and it's not just a couple guys it's basically the whole team.

They're digging a hole they're not gonna be able to get out of.
Reply/Quote