Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
Garrett’s new Sabo glasses or maybe Wild Thing?

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/amir-garrett-s-glasses-reminiscent-of-chris-sabo
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 04:42 PM)kevin Wrote: OK....after 8 straight losses The Reds have 3 straight wins.  They climb from 1-8 to 4-8.  

Reds only allowed 1 Run in the 3 game series.  Reds haven't done that since 1963 per what they flashed on TV.

Now off to Mexico for 2 games against St Louis. Off Friday for the travel.  I'm hoping at least 5-9 when they leave Mexico, at least win 1 of the 2 games. Win Saturday. Put everything into Saturday. Win Saturday and they have a chance for that sweep also. Reds don't need it in reverse and them getting swept for 3rd time in early April.

So I'm not excited just yet because Reds still climbing out of the hole they dug.  GO REDS.

There is no law that says Reds have to lose on the West Coast trip ahead of them.

According to the mother ship.. 
The @Reds gave up just ONE run in their 3-game series vs MIA.

The last time the Reds did that at home was in 1926 against the Brooklyn Dodgers

Purdy good AND they lead the league (well share the lead with Texas) with 3 pickoffs of runners on base.. 3.. Sure it's a small sample size, but still league leading.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds announcers not mentioning pitch count. Roark gave Reds 95 pitches as Reds trailed 1-0 early. Wainwright was on but Reds got him up to over 90 pitches and now Reds ahead 2 -1 going into top of 8th. Hopefully Reds can win this one. It would be a HUGE win that REDS who lost 8 straight really need. Would give Reds 4 straight wins and climb to 5-8.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds still 2-1 after top of 8th. Looks like this game will come down to Iglesias getting a SAVE in the 9th. Goes without saying Reds NEED him to get SAVES this year, and a much needed one tonight.

Reds just added runs to make it 5-1. Reds still have to CLOSE the deal. Close it out. Duke still on mound in 9th....and he gives up HOMER....Here comes Iglesias.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Iglesias did get a Save. It was not dominate, in fact it was an ugly 9th inning, but a Save just the same.

REDS WIN, REDS WIN, REDS WIN.....and This One Belongs To The Reds.

Reds climb to 4 straight wins and 5-8 on season with a chance to sweep the 2 gamer in Mexico against Cardinals Sunday.

Adios Amigos. Via Con Dios. Keep it going Manyana.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 11:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Iglesias did get a Save. It was not dominate, in fact it was an ugly 9th inning, but a Save just the same.

REDS WIN, REDS WIN, REDS WIN.....and This One Belongs To The Reds.

Reds climb to 4 straight wins and 5-8 on season with a chance to sweep the 2 gamer in Mexico against Cardinals Sunday.

Adios Amigos.  Via Con Dios.  Keep it going Manyana.

Great game to watch.

The difference in the game was a couple of huge outs when the Cards had runners in scoring position but could not get them in.  Left the bases loaded one inning and left guys on second and third another time.  I believe they had a lead off double one innning and did not get a run.  We kept dodging bullets until our offense got going.
Reply/Quote
A win today would be helpful. A sweep of Cardinals. Climb to 6-8 after being 1-8. Just 2 games under .500
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds were the beneficiaries of a couple of defensive blunders with no errors recorded as they were't exactly routine fly balls, but instead became BIG hits and runs for us.
Had the script been flipped and Reds players dropping those very same hits we'd be calling for the public executions of said players.. 
It's good when the other side does it for a change, eh? 

I'm really surprised there was no coverage of Phillip Ervin's triple. His ONLY AB this season goes for a 3 bagger, he scores and yet....nodda on the mothership.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Time to move on from Disco..Soon as they find a replacement he needs to go. He's just too inconsistent and already 3-0 in the first..

Mercy..4-0 already.. Disco is trash on the mound. Turn him into a disco dancer instead of a pitcher. Shoulda traded him with Homer to LA..

Reply/Quote
I really need to ask myself why am I watching this game already 4-0 with Disco throwing lollypop pitches.. I guess I'm just a glutton for disappointment.  Sad (Hence why I'm also a Bengals fan..)

Reply/Quote
Disco's lucky it's not 8-0 already. The only outs he's getting are from solid defense. Otherwise he's dead meat out there and I think Bell is just hoping he can make it through 4 without more damage...maybe 3.

At least Reds batters are hitting the ball out of the infield with a couple of hits already.. a hit then 3 outs...a hit 3 outs..  Fun, fun, fun..  Whatever

Reply/Quote
I take a nap and whaddaya know? 4-4.. hmmm..

I should have extended my nap..

Down to 3 outs with Diet Rich out of the game.. Might even have a broken ankle for all we know..

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2019, 05:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: I really need to ask myself why am I watching this game already 4-0 with Disco throwing lollypop pitches.. I guess I'm just a glutton for disappointment.  Sad (Hence why I'm also a Bengals fan..)

Disco has been rocked in every game he's started ! ERA 7+

Let's hope Alex Wood returns soon
Reply/Quote
Not Bad. They Split the 2 game series with Cardinals in Mexico. Have won 4 of the last 5 games.

Reds were 1-8 and have climbed to 5-9.

There is no law that says Reds have to lose on West Coast. Maybe with some good pitching and good hitting the Reds can do OK out there this Easter week.

Here's a name few were talking about going into season. Derek Dietrich from Miami Marlins. Second Base and Outfield. Reds need to get this hot bat in line-up, especially with second baseman Scooter Gennett injured. When a player is hitting, you MAKE a spot for him to play. Winker is Hot now also. Reds bats are waking up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 03:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Not Bad.  They Split the 2 game series with Cardinals in Mexico.  Have won 4 of the last 5 games.

Reds were 1-8 and have climbed to 5-9.

There is no law that says Reds have to lose on West Coast.  Maybe with some good pitching and good hitting the Reds can do OK out there this Easter week.

Here's a name few were talking about going into season.  Derek Dietrich from Miami Marlins.  Second Base and Outfield. Reds need to get this hot bat in line-up, especially with second baseman Scooter Gennett injured. When a player is hitting, you MAKE a spot for him to play. Winker is Hot now also.  Reds bats are waking up.

Diet Rich took a pitch to his ankle last night. Hopefully just a minor problem or even no problem at all, but if it broke anything we're in for a world of hurt. Inquiring minds wanna know.
Tough telling when and if Scooter gets back in the lineup and who will have to go. Right now Peraza is barely hitting my weight and if Scooter returns we can't automatically assume he'll just resume where he left off. There's still a vague outside shot of getting Senzel up to the big club (at 2nd???) with nobody other than Bell knowing where he might play.
Yesterday the bullpen got kind of roughed up, but I'm not quite ready to declare them all a lost cause. Garrett gave up his first HR of the season which means nothing except he gave up a homerun. Both Duke and Hughes worry me. Hughes just doesn't seem to be himself after last year and Duke? I think his days of glory are done.
I don't have any faith that Disco is ever going to be the starter we all want him to be. He's been far too inconsistent showing little to nothing that would indicate he's about to change. He has movement on his fastball, but it's all side to side movement. His FB never seems to move up or down making it very hittable. I think it's time to find his replacement and stop "hoping" everything finally clicks with him.. Perhaps RobSteve has finally figured things out with so far a mere 1.23 ERA in 7.1. Is he ready to start again or is he going to be forever a bullpen arm? It would be nothing short of wonderful if he could start and give us 5 quality innings per..
The good news is Castillo gets the next start. It would be great if Reds bats came alive for him against Kershaw and send Kershaw back to the trainers room. Tonight's game should be interesting if anyone can stay awake for it. Game starts at 10:10 EST..(That's 7:10 PST for you time afectionatos out there)

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't have any faith that Disco is ever going to be the starter we all want him to be. He's been far too inconsistent showing little to nothing that would indicate he's about to change. He has movement on his fastball, but it's all side to side movement. His FB never seems to move up or down making it very hittable. I think it's time to find his replacement and stop "hoping" everything finally clicks with him..

Agree

They need to pull the plug on him starting, put him in middle relief. Give Lorenzen or Stephenson a start or both to bridge the gap until Wood can return. But we can't keep running Disco out there to get smashed.
Reply/Quote
I must say I am disappointed in Disco. Thought maybe it was health related, but once Wood comes back and if healthy, i think they move disco to another role. I would not be surprise if the Reds sign someone before all-star break. Is Keuchel still available?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Casali makes Reds history tonight hitting leadoff. He's the first catcher in the modern baseball era for the Reds to hit leadoff.. Here's to hoping he's wildly successful. Very rare for catchers to hit leadoff.. Keuchel is looking for a long term deal. Reds aren't going for it especially with his asking price I assume.. 

Reply/Quote
I also think the Reds need to move on from Duke. Just my thoughts.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
OMG, Puig hit a homerun Red's up 2-0 first inning!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote