Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month Of July Game Thread
1-0 to start the season. Gray looked outstanding, bullpen was dominant, the new additions all contributed, the team looked happy all game and Votto looks like he wants to play baseball for the first time since adjusting his swing a few years ago.

Luis Castillo up next . . . I see the starting staff really pushing/supporting each other this year. Let's hope it spreads to the bullpen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reds in FIRST PLACE in the LAST WEEK OF JULY.

Already the greatest season in over a decade..
Reply/Quote
Votto with homer #2 in his first ab today and on the first pitch.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Castillo dealing out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Castillo dealing out there.

11 Ks. This starting lineup is insane.
Reply/Quote
Bullpen blew this one.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bullpen blew this one.

Not over yet but you can't give up a 2 run homer to the #9 hitter. Inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
Up by one
Runner on second
First base open
Let's take Michael Lorenzen vs a Hall Of Famer instead of walking him
Must've been afraid of CJ Cron

Good call, Bell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Good old Iglesias. You can always count on him to lose a game that he should be holding. I can hear his complaints now. "bUt It WaSn'T a SaVe SiTuAtIoN!!!"
Reply/Quote
#1. Good heads up for OP starting this July thread

#2. Look, some players are still rusty as they would be if it was April. I know announcers say they don't have time to be in 60 game season, but they are. No way anybody is in regular July form.

#3. Manager Bell still getting players in to see what he has. Even though 60 game season, he still has to do that. I'm not sure Davidson is our best extra bat to be DH, for example. We might have better hitters than that on the bench. The Japanese player or Van Meter or Winker. ADD ON : News is Davidson tested positive for Covid, so all the best to him. Aquino recalled, and I think it's stupid not to get Aquino some at bats after he was NL Player of the Month last August. Don't have that opening game line-up set in stone for all 2020. There might be magic in some bats not in opening day start.

#4. WIN THE SERIES. Stephenson and Iglesias out of Bullpen blew Saturday Game. It's way too early to give up on Iglesias though. See #2......Reds can't be losing many series in a 60 game season though. Get after Tigers Sunday and WIN FIRST SERIES of SEASON.

So that's it. Big Game Sunday in this sprint to play-offs. Bauer on the mound. WIN THE SERIES.

Monday Reds start selling the Fan Cut Out images. I'm too cheap to go the 75 bucks to maybe see my face in the stands, but I watched Thursday Dodgers game, and I loved the cut out fans in the stands more than boring empty seats of Washington. Once Reds get those in, Dodgers showed it looks more like baseball. The cut out fans more fun than empty seats. I want to see a foul ball really tag one like throwing the ball at a carnival. They aren't alive, so why not laugh at a foul ball taking out a cardboard fan. Reds.com has info on it. If I was to do it. I would be in a Reds shirt, Reds hat, holding a hot dog. The more Reds get those in like Dodgers, the more FUN it will be. Washington seats saying Delta was boring the other night, later Dodger Game Fan Cut Outs were more FUN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 06:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Votto with homer #2 in his first ab today and on the first pitch.

If Votto is gonna be a regular starter and most likely he is, we badly need him to come out of his two year funk. Let's hope he keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 09:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Good old Iglesias. You can always count on him to lose a game that he should be holding. I can hear his complaints now. "bUt It WaSn'T a SaVe SiTuAtIoN!!!"

That's our boy, picking up where he left off.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 02:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Davidson, Moose and probably Senzel out with Covid, great start.

Only Davidson has actually tested positive. Moustakas was held out as a precaution due to him not feeling well. Probably does have it, but we’ll see...

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 03:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only Davidson has actually tested positive. Moustakas was held out as a precaution due to him not feeling well. Probably does have it, but we’ll see...

Moose was actually put on the IL which leads you to believe they think he might have it.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. What a frustrating inning. Jones with an amazing catch at the wall, and Castellanos strikes out with them loaded.

At least Votto looks good.

Reply/Quote
On a positive note, they said this is the first time in Reds history that the pitchers have gotten 10+ strikeouts in the first 3 games of the season.
Reply/Quote
Great now VanMeter takes a fastball off the left wrist. Stayed in the game and went to first but he was in a lot of pain.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 04:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: On a positive note, they said this is the first time in Reds history that the pitchers have gotten 10+ strikeouts in the first 3 games of the season.

They’ve been filthy.

Reply/Quote
For the great pitching by Gray, Castillo and Bauer it would sock if they lose this series. Need some big hits and WIN THIS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds starting pitchers have 33 strikeouts over the 3 games to start the season which they said ties an MLB record.
Reply/Quote