Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month Of July Game Thread
I can't believe they are actually back in this game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds down 8-5 in the 9th and 1 out and tying run at the plate.
Reply/Quote
Reds got away with sending the runner (VanMeter) from first to steal 2nd and he was barely safe. Cubs challenge and lose. Bases loaded 1 out and winning run up.
Reply/Quote
Galvis hbp now 8-6 bases still loaded and 1 out. All off Craig Kimbrel.
Reply/Quote
Stephenson walks! 8-7 bases still loaded still 1 out and Ervin up. Kimbrel being pulled.
Reply/Quote
Ervin K's swinging at ball 4. 2 out Votto up.
Reply/Quote
Votto lines out to center to end it. Hell of a comeback to even have a chance.
Reply/Quote
Two of the three losses I blame on Bell

#1 pitched to Cabrera up by one with a base open

down 8-7
Jeffress comes in and strikes out a player that should have been bunting in a squeeze play.

The most important play is to tie the game.

90 feet away with one out.

Bell makes sure it's a loss.

His poor management was masked by a poor team last year, this year it will be magnified with a good team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 11:59 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Two of the three losses I blame on Bell

down 8-7
Jeffress comes in and strikes out a player that should have been bunting in a squeeze play.

His poor management was masked by a poor team last year, this year it will be magnified with a good team.

If i blame Bell for anything last night it's not pulling Miley sooner. He starts the 2nd inning with a hbp and walk which is how the 4 run first inning started. Bell should have pulled him right there instead of allowing him to give up 2 more runs.
Reply/Quote
When they signed Wide Miley for 15M/2 years - it smacked with a loser type move

He had like a 7 ERA in the second half last year, and a 14 ERA in September. HOU left him off their playoff roster for a reason - he was beyond pathetic and regressing terribly. IN walk the Reds! WOW, we need this guy!

Now they are going to give him 10-12 starts in 60 games.

I have watched thousands of innings of baseball - Wade MIleys 'stuff' last night was some of the worst, most pedestrian and timid I have ever seen at the MLB level.

a 86 MPH fastball? You have to be kidding me. He should not start again. What a waste of money and time
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:36 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: When they signed Wide Miley for 15M/2 years - it smacked with a loser type move

He had like a 7 ERA in the second half last year, and a 14 ERA in September.   HOU left him off their playoff roster for a reason - he was beyond pathetic and regressing terribly.    IN walk the Reds!  WOW, we need this guy!

Now they are going to give him 10-12 starts in 60 games.

I have watched thousands of innings of baseball - Wade MIleys 'stuff' last night was some of the worst, most pedestrian and timid I have ever seen at the MLB level.

a 86 MPH fastball?  You have to be kidding me.  He should not start again.   What a waste of money and time

Miley and Iglesias need to be shown the door and fast unless they have a turn around in a hurry.

It seems this team is approaching desperation mode already. There's just no room for failure
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Miley and Iglesias need to be shown the door and fast unless they have a turn around in a hurry.

It seems this team is approaching desperation mode already. There's just no room for failure

All Cincy Sports - save collegiate - in this city are run with a scared, loser mentality. 

It permeates from top to bottom.

They have conditioned the poor fans to accept it too, which sucks. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 11:59 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Two of the three losses I blame on Bell

down 8-7

I've tried hard to cut Bell some slack but it's becoming obvious he's just not the guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:53 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: All Cincy Sports - save collegiate - in this city are run with a scared, loser mentality. 

It permeates from top to bottom.

They have conditioned the poor fans to accept it too, which sucks. 

Cyclones always ice good teams.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 07:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cyclones always ice good teams.

I like hockey, and respect that they are good. 

But honestly, who cares about  affiliate minor league hockey.

In a metro area of 2Mill+, who actually cares about the cyclones?  Maybe 1% of the city , at most 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've tried hard to cut Bell some slack but it's becoming obvious he's just not the guy.

It's still early in a season and the players don't seem to have chemistry yet or click.  With that said he should be playing his best players as much as possible instead of sitting people like moose.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It's still early in a season and the players don't seem to have chemistry yet or click.  With that said he should be playing his best players as much as possible instead of sitting people like moose.

Moose is on the injured list (possible covid).
Reply/Quote
These ***** at bats are so piss poor (Votto and Suarez)

This team needs a shot of leadership and personality and swagger - tough to get when you've been the division wh.ore for 5 years

Edit - nice poke, Greek
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:49 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: These ***** at bats are so piss poor (Votto and Suarez)

This team needs a   shot of leadership and personality and swagger - tough to get when you've been the division wh.ore for 5 years

Edit - nice poke, Greek

Suarez still gets a pass. He didn't have a Spring Training because of his shoulder and it looks it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 08:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Moose is on the injured list (possible covid).

Oh crap that sucks. Juarez picked the wrong time to hit a slump.  

The tigers are a horrible team and the Cubs are not that good yet the reds just look awful and they appear thin on the roster.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote