Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(09-05-2019, 05:02 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Gray’s ERA. July-2.23, AUG-0.74, Sept-1.5. Now that’s ACE style right there. It’s a pity that his teammates haven’t had his back. He should have at least 15 Wins by now. That’s looking like a fantastic deal for the Reds so far! That extension is a fantastic value!

Wow.  This is something.  At least they hit a home run with Gray.  Not sure on other trades though.  Gray's next contract may be 20 mil or so per year.  Yikes.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Excited

Reds win a 1-run game! Ervin with a home-run!

OMG
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Excited

Reds win a 1-run game!  Ervin with a home-run!  

OMG

A one run win and it was a day game, no less.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wow.  This is something.  At least they hit a home run with Gray.  Not sure on other trades though.  Gray's next contract may be 20 mil or so per year.  Yikes.  

He will probably be in decline by then. He’s locked up for the next 3 years at just over 10 Mil a year and then the Reds have a team option on him at 12 Mil. on the 4th year. The Reds have 2 very good contracts in Gray and Suarez. Gray has a WAR of around 5 right now, that’s pretty darn good value for 10 Mil. For comparison, Votto has a 1.6 WAR for 25 Mil. Votto has slowly raised his WAR to where his numbers aren’t pathetic. The next 4 years could be painful with Votto. If he could hit .270 15 70, it would be bearable. I don’t think that is asking for too much from him. I really hope that he doesn’t continue to regress at a fast pace. It was nice to see 3 hits from him yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 06:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He will probably be in decline by then. He’s locked up for the next 3 years at just over 10 Mil a year and then the Reds have a team option on him at 12 Mil. on the 4th year. The Reds have 2 very good contracts in Gray and Suarez. Gray has a WAR of around 5 right now, that’s pretty darn good value for 10 Mil. For comparison, Votto has a 1.6 WAR for 25 Mil. Votto has slowly raised his WAR to where his numbers aren’t pathetic. The next 4 years could be painful with Votto. If he could hit .270 15 70, it would be bearable. I don’t think that is asking for too much from him. I really hope that he doesn’t continue to regress at a fast pace. It was nice to see 3 hits from him yesterday.

I'd raise the bar just a bit .270 20 80

And he can't hit .179 0 2 the first two months of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd raise the bar just a bit .270 20 80

And he can't hit .179 0 2 the first two months of the season.

Your numbers are more inline with what I would expect as a minimum from any starting first baseman. Votto gets a pass from the organization and homer fans that are in love with his past, my numbers are bare minimum and if he can’t meet those numbers for a full year then they should just make him a platoon player. Maybe sit him against left handed starters if his splits justify that. If next year is another year of being mediocre then everyone should get over the king Votto. Johnny Bench was once great too. There’s a time to move on for every player. I’m guessing that he will be a platoon player at least by his final 2 years. That’s a position that needs to be a run producer and not an OBP guy that is slow as molasses.
Reply/Quote