Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
I'm so sick and tired of Matt Adams.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I just don't know about Disco ? His ERA is up over 7 I'm sure in last 3 or 4 games. What did they say he's gave up 7 HR's in last 4 games ?

If they plan on making any kind of run they may have to give Sims or Gausman a try as starter #5.

And to be honest I think it's already to late ! I'll keep watching and cheering and hoping but the chances are very small.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm getting sold a bit more everyday on Van Meter, good defense, good bat. He needs a lot of innings to end this season, see what he's got.
Reply/Quote
It’s feeling like the fat lady is starting to sing.
Reply/Quote
Well, it looks like sending Votto in the 1st inning was a key mistake AGAIN! damn. Seems like this team cannot make a run and get out of the hole.

Just to keep things in perspective, Disco at one time was the best pitcher on this staff. Something changed in his delivery because the ball is not moving, seems flat to the plate. I don't know what it is.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 11:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s feeling like the fat lady is starting to sing.

Tell that Fat Lady this opera is far from over.   If Woods bounces back, Reds can win tomorrow.  That would set up a great pitchers duel Wednesday of Bauer & Strasburg.  Reds have not lost a series in 6 weeks, and they haven't lost this one yet. 

I know because of her circle shape that the people of Circleville probably love The Fat Lady, but it is not her time yet.  Throw water on the Negative by talking Aquino tonight,  and Wood & Bauer leading the Reds to wins the next 2 days. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 11:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It’s feeling like the fat lady is starting to sing.

Yes.  This is the week where it all comes to an end for the Reds.  They can't beat the Nats or the Cards.  Could lose five out of the next six.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

She's at least walking up on the stage.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well, it looks like sending Votto in the 1st inning was a key mistake AGAIN!  damn.  Seems like this team cannot make a run and get out of the hole.  

Just to keep things in perspective, Disco at one time was the best pitcher on this staff.  Something changed in his delivery because the ball is not moving, seems flat to the plate.  I don't know what it is.

Yep, I couldn't believe House waived Votto around he's way to slow. As hard as that ball was hit it would have taken Billy Hamilton to score on that play if the throw is any good at all.

I was wrong about Disco's ERA it's 9.64 over the last 7 games. I agree his breaking balls aren't breaking, maybe take him out of the rotation and pitch Sims or Gausman and give him some rest ?
Reply/Quote
Galvis officially added to the roster and O'Grady sent back to Louisville.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 02:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Tell that Fat Lady this opera is far from over.   If Woods bounces back, Reds can win tomorrow.  That would set up a great pitchers duel Wednesday of Bauer & Strasburg.  Reds have not lost a series in 6 weeks, and they haven't lost this one yet. 

I know because of her circle shape that the people of Circleville probably love The Fat Lady, but it is not her time yet.  Throw water on the Negative by talking Aquino tonight,  and Wood & Bauer leading the Reds to wins the next 2 days. 

It’s just that everything they gain, they give right back. The only thing that’s changing is that each day brings less games left on the schedule. I personally believe that they are now out of the race to win the division and that are in the wildcard just by the skin of their teeth. If they win the next 6 games, they’d still be a couple of games out of the wildcard. I’d love to be wrong but hope is about gone, there’s still promise for next year though!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 08:50 AM)McC Wrote: Yes.  This is the week where it all comes to an end for the Reds.  They can't beat the Nats or the Cards.  Could lose five out of the next six.

I think they’ll win 2 or 3 but that just doesn’t really do anything.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 09:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: She's at least walking up on the stage.

They just can’t get past that 2-3 games under .500 mark.
Reply/Quote
Not looking good for the Redlegs at this point. Starting to become a buzzkill.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Why the **** are Reds' relievers so ***** opposed to ***** throwing ***** strikes? ****!!! And it ***** pertains to the ***** starters too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I seriously think the Reds need this game tonight against the Nationals. IF anything, to keep their psyche in the right place but it is not looking good. The Punisher has been put into 4 point restraints thus far.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 08:17 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They just can’t get past that 2-3 games under .500 mark.

The fat lady has been handed the mic
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The fat lady has been handed the mic

Yep, unfortunately!
Reply/Quote
i felt that lost to cubs game 4 took the air out of team. they are only 6 gb in WC so who knows
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reds have lost first series in 7 weeks. Try to find way to win tomorrow and avoid the sweep. Bauer vs Strasburg so there may very few runs in this game. Avoid The Sweep & come home and get after St Louis and win that series. GO REDS.

News for people talking Dodgers World Series on TV or maybe Cubs. The NL East has very good teams in Miami, Philly, Washington, New York Mets, Atlanta. People better be talking Atlanta way out in 1st in a very good division of teams. To Dodger and Cubs Fans, there is this Atlanta team in NL East of good baseball.......That said, GO REDS. just saying Reds having trouble with NL East because they are pretty good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote