Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-13-2019, 11:08 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yep, unfortunately!

(08-13-2019, 11:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: i felt that lost to cubs game 4 took the air out of team.  they are only 6 gb in WC so who knows

Yep

There are 10 teams in the NL with fewer loses than the Reds. Take out the 3 division winners and that still leaves 7. There's 44 games left, in order to challenge for a wildcard now they'd have to win like 32-34 of those games. I'm no math wiz but that's what like .750 baseball the rest of the way.

I'm just hoping they can somehow reach .500 for the season. The playoffs are pretty much out of reach barring a giant collapse of all the competition and an epic surge by us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

There are 10 teams in the NL with fewer loses than the Reds. Take out the 3 division winners and that still leaves 7. There's 44 games left, in order to challenge for a wildcard now they'd have to win like 32-34 of those games. I'm no math wiz but that's what like .750 baseball the rest of the way.

I'm just hoping they can somehow reach .500 for the season. The playoffs are pretty much out of reach barring a giant collapse of all the competition and an epic surge by us.

This.
Reply/Quote
Reds simply could not climb out of the 1-8 start this year with a rookie manager and losses in 1-run games. Does anyone have Reds record for 1-run games this year?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 01:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds simply could not climb out of the 1-8 start this year with a rookie manager and losses in 1-run games.  Does anyone have Reds record for 1-run games this year?

I can't imagine it's good, considering they have a +36 run differential and are still 6 games under .500...
Reply/Quote
They have also played the third most games in the NL against teams over .500. Granted, some of that comes from being in last place for much of the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 01:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds simply could not climb out of the 1-8 start this year with a rookie manager and losses in 1-run games. Does anyone have Reds record for 1-run games this year?

I halfheartedly counted and got 14-23 in 1 Run Games.
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought after the way the past few seasons have been that our pitching would be very good (yes bullpen has faded) and our offense especially in the first half would stink ?

We're roughly in the last qtr of the season and since Puig was traded our 2nd highest RBI producer is Iggy with 45, respectable for the average SS. Then our 3rd place goes to a guy that hasn't played hardly at all in last month, Dietrich 43.

If the punisher continues at even half his current pace he'll pass 2/3 of the team in RBI's
Reply/Quote
Bauer getting lit up and Reds going to be swept.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 07:00 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bauer getting lit up and Reds going to be swept.

Yep

Tell Circleville the fat lady is signing

Coup de Grace on whatever tiny sliver of remaining playoff hopes.
Reply/Quote
Take me out behind the woodshed
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 07:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Tell Circleville the fat lady is signing

Coup de Grace on whatever tiny sliver of remaining playoff hopes.

Yep, I can hear her today. The season is officially toast. The rest of the season needs to be about evaluation. They have to define roles for next season and make an offseason shopping list.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yep, I can hear her today. The season is officially toast. The rest of the season needs to be about evaluation. They have to define roles for next season and make an offseason shopping list.

For sure

Guys like Ervin, Van Meter, Farmer, Casalli, even the new guy need to be getting max playing time come what may, There's little need now to worry about winning put em out there and see what they got. Hell start Sims and Gausman see what they have.

They have to get more consistent RBI produstion from LF, 1B, even 2B and Catcher. your number two RBI guy can't be at 50 on the season.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucked.

Reds without Bell 4-2

Reds since Bell has come back 2-5

Just sayin'
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure

Guys like Ervin, Van Meter, Farmer, Casalli, even the new guy need to be getting max playing time come what may, There's little need now to worry about winning put em out there and see what they got. Hell start Sims and Gausman see what they have.

They have to get more consistent RBI produstion from LF, 1B, even 2B and Catcher. your number two RBI guy can't be at 50 on the season.

There are 2 negatives to begin next season that won’t be addressed and will be a weight around the teams neck and that is Bell and Votto. I look for it to play out where fans will almost despise Votto by the time that contract is up. Four more years is a long time.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:34 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There are 2 negatives to begin next season that won’t be addressed and will be a weight around the teams neck and that is Bell and Votto. I look for it to play out where fans will almost despise Votto by the time that contract is up. Four more years is a long time.

I feel ya  :andy:

Hell I cringe already when JV is coming to the plate in RBI/ have to have a hit situations !!

Like McC said he has to be taken out of the top of the lineup at a bare minimum next year. We need kick ass and take names hitters up there. He's not fast enough for his walks to matter in all but a very very few situations.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I feel ya  :andy:

Hell I cringe already when JV is coming to the plate in RBI/ have to have a hit situations !!

Like McC said he has to be taken out of the top of the lineup at a bare minimum next year. We need kick ass and take names hitters up there. He's not fast enough for his walks to matter in all but a very very few situations.

Good thing it’s fun talking sports with you guys because Cincinnati isn’t a very good sports town. It’s actually a good sports town, the teams just suck!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 03:07 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I halfheartedly counted and got 14-23 in 1 Run Games.

That is not good.  Flip that stat and the Reds would be over .500
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Good thing it’s fun talking sports with you guys because Cincinnati isn’t a very good sports town. It’s actually a good sports town, the teams just suck!

The way the teams are being coached and ran sucks for sure. Here's to hoping that's chancing  Cheers

It's all we've got
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is not good.  Flip that stat and the Reds would be over .500

What if we started 6-3 or hell even 5-4 I know you can what if everything but still......
Reply/Quote
This may explain things...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote