Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-03-2019, 04:44 AM)kevin Wrote: With Van Meter at 2nd,  I would love to see Iglesias at short and in the outfield Senzel, Winker and Ervin.  Votto and Suarez and Barnhart.  Just ONCE I would like to see THAT line-up.

GO REDS SATURDAY and guarantee at least a series tie ....but with a chance to win series Sunday.....GO REDS.

Me 2

I'm warming up to Van Meter a good bit. That was the thing with Gennett and Dietrich at 2nd, neither were above average at defense in fact probably below average. Van Meter appears early on to be much more athletic. 

Yesterday was the first time I've got to see Wood pitch, he's got a different delivery. I'm looking forward to seeing how him and Bauer can effect this seasons outcome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me 2

I'm warming up to Van Meter a good bit. That was the thing with Gennett and Dietrich at 2nd, neither were above average at defense in fact probably below average. Van Meter appears early on to be much more athletic. 

Yesterday was the first time I've got to see Wood pitch, he's got a different delivery. I'm looking forward to seeing how him and Bauer can effect this seasons outcome.

It's a little like his former lefty teammate, Clayton Kershaw.  A little herky jerky, with the hesitation.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know where Bauer's head is at for today's game but we shall see. He is a capable pro, has a meticulous if not analytical mind and should be okay but the change of scenery could throw him off a bit, at least initially.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The "punisher" is the only hit for Reds. Wild pitch is the only error by Bauer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well....... let's hope Bauer got his bad game with us out of the way 

Didn't even finish 5 innings, what was it 4 walks ? hit a batter, couple wild pitches, 7 hits, 3 runs.
Reply/Quote
Aquino ties it with his first homer, a 3 run shot!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That's it. Just give the game away by walking 4 batters. SMH
Reply/Quote
This is the Lorenzen from last year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Winker and House you idiots!!!
Reply/Quote
Hughes is going to end up walking the winning run in. He's walked the first 2 batters already.
Reply/Quote
And ballgame. It was going to be hard to win this one at that point anyway. They had no one left on the bench and maybe no one left in the bullpen either. Can't walk that many people and expect to win.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 12:11 AM)cinci4life Wrote: And ballgame. It was going to be hard to win this one at that point anyway. They had no one left on the bench and maybe no one left in the bullpen either. Can't walk that many people and expect to win.

No you can't what did the have 9 walks ?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 12:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No you can't what did the have 9 walks ?

Yep total of 9 but 6 of then came between the 8th and 10th innings. Always asking for trouble with that many late.
Reply/Quote
THIS is a MUST WIN today. If Reds really mean it when they say they are trying to make play-offs this year, then they have to win today. Reds have 3 straight series wins and can live with going 2-2 split at Atlanta. However a 1-3 loss of series takes Reds backwards and they lose ground, and they lose time which is not on their side.

I don't care how Reds do it, but they have to win today. GO REDS. ....again, a split isn't bad. Over last 4 series to be 3 wins, no losses and 1 tie isn't bad. Losing 3 out of 4 to Atlanta however is not how you climb in the standings. WIN TODAY.

Now they had nice series wins against Brewers, Rockies, Pirates. Don't go backwards losing this series today. Come out with a split. It is hard to win a 4 game series against a 1st place type team like Atlanta, but come out with the split.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 12:11 AM)cinci4life Wrote: And ballgame. It was going to be hard to win this one at that point anyway. They had no one left on the bench and maybe no one left in the bullpen either. Can't walk that many people and expect to win.

Bauer had a bit of bad luck too.  The Braves got three or four seeing eye hits in a row to score those three runs.  I feel like Bauer will give you a lot more good days than bad.  The Reds bats were not exactly  on fire last night either.  Atlanta is a first place team playing at home.  Kind of a tall order.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
To Reds pitchers--can you please stop the irritating and self defeating practice of getting to 0-2 counts and then insisting on turning them into 2-2 or 3-2 counts? This is why Reds starters so rarely go deep into games and just walk way too many guys in general. Throw strikes, damn it.

Reply/Quote
Twenty eight pitch first inning. Gee, how come you keep taking me out in the fifth inning?

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: To Reds pitchers--can you please stop the irritating and self defeating practice of getting to 0-2 counts and then insisting on turning them into 2-2 or 3-2 counts?  This is why Reds starters so rarely go deep into games and just walk way too many guys in general.  Throw strikes, damn it.

Sonny Gray has been his own worst enemy with exactly that. After two innings Gray 44 pitches Teheran 23. They'll be lucky to get 5 complete innings out of him and when you have Bell and Beneviedes pulling pitchers before their pitch count gets too high, you're putting too much trust into this bullpen. They were pretty dependable as a whole last year, not so much this year. 

Lorenzen last night . . . I blame last night on his delivery. He doesn't bend his back enough when he throws. He standing too straight up after his pitches are delivered. This leads to too much inaccuracy and you can't miss at this level. When you don't bend your back enough, you wind up aiming instead of throwing to a spot. I don't care if he threw a pitch 99 MPH, it was a ball on a 2-1 count when he needed a strike. He's been better than last year but he still has these moments where he truly takes the loss into his own hands. I hope this is a habit that he's growing out of.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Watching Senzel miss that fly ball at the wall, I could hear my high school baseball coach yelling from the dugout "DON'T DRIFT, GAWD DAMMITT!! RUN TO THE SPOT!!"
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The home plate ump has had a floating strike zone today.

Reply/Quote