Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-05-2019, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, every game he comes into I start cringing ! It's almost as bad as Hoover coming in there 4 or 5 years ago.

One man's Hoover is another man's Nick Massett. I absolutely HATED seeing him warming up in the pen. I've seen worse relievers . . . just never seen such a shitty pitcher keep being put into tight games in the 8th or 9th inning.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Hernandez is having a horrible year. Cannot see him coming back next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hernandez is having a horrible year.  Cannot see him coming back next year.

Hernandez is just out of gas or something ? He's just not the same pitcher he was in first half of season.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, every game he comes into I start cringing ! It's almost as bad as Hoover coming in there 4 or 5 years ago.

I made that exact comment before Hernandez went on the IL.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hernandez is just out of gas or something ? He's just not the same pitcher he was in first half of season.

Maybe arm fatigue. I really don't know.  Both he and Wandy need to be released even though Wandy fairs well against lefties.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Let's get the broom out tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Reds win and are now 5 games under .500. I don't know how Disco will do tomorrow but I hope he does well enough and the Reds bats come alive. Reds need to win the series against the Cubs and they will be back in the thick of things.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Why can’t they figure out to just dump Peralta and Hernandez?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why can’t they figure out to just dump Peralta and Hernandez?

And replace them with who?  Seems like if they had arms at Louisville, they'd already be here. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Nice Win. Reds guaranteed at least a split with Angels, no sweep loss

A good game out of Disco and Reds get sweep and win series would be even better as Reds would move up to 4 games under .500 and I still say Reds can't win NL Central under .500 ball.

Looking ahead, Reds have Wood, Bauer, Gray, Castillo against Cubs in Cincy, and that ain't bad. but still this game with Angels today.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:55 PM)McC Wrote: And replace them with who?  Seems like if they had arms at Louisville, they'd already be here. 

They will do for now.  Garrett, Lorenzen and Iglesias are the Nasty Boys 2019.  If Reds make play-offs,  hopefully a healthy Mahle and Disco move to the bullpen, just as pitchers moved to the pen in 1990.  You only need 3 or 4 starters in play-offs, never 5.  Often the 4th starter sees little action and can be bullpen also.  Red Sox won first World Series in forever using both Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in Game 7. .....but it is August and our long relievers will do for now.  The idea is that Castillo, Disco, Wood, Bauer, Gray won't need a lot of early inning help.  GO REDS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 06:37 AM)kevin Wrote: They will do for now.  Garrett, Lorenzen and Iglesias are the Nasty Boys 2019.  If Reds make play-offs,  hopefully a healthy Mahle and Disco move to the bullpen, just as pitchers moved to the pen in 1990.  You only need 3 or 4 starters in play-offs, never 5.  Often the 4th starter sees little action and can be bullpen also.  Red Sox won first World Series in forever using both Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in Game 7. .....but it is August and our long relievers will do for now.  The idea is that Castillo, Disco, Wood, Bauer, Gray won't need a lot of early inning help.  GO REDS. 

Gausman will be a reliever and hopefully help out if Johnson can fix him in time.  Wandy and Hernandez just stink.  I think the Reds will take 3/4 from Cubs but hopefully Bauer settles in and dominates.  IF the Reds can win today against the Angels and sweep the Cubs, they are .500 and likely within 3 or games out of first.  With this starting pitching, Reds have a chance.  The Bull pen makes me nervous.  Like Bengalfan74 said earlier, its like Hoover all over again.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
This is good new Reds fans!

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:55 PM)McC Wrote: And replace them with who?  Seems like if they had arms at Louisville, they'd already be here. 

Well, they just sent Peralta down and pretty much any waiver wire pickup would be better than the 7.24 ERA that Hernandez has.
Reply/Quote
Hernandez was very reliable but has given up at least one run in 11 of the last 13 appearances . . . the only 2 times he didn't give up a run? 1/3 of an inning vs Milwaukee and 1/3 of an inning vs Atlanta.

I love him . . . but he needs a change of scenery.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
And Disco gives up another 1st inning 3 run homer.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 08:20 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And Disco gives up another 1st inning 3 run homer.

One of the worst 0-2 pitches I've ever seen. Grooved, right down the middle. The Fletcher lead off single was a bad pitch also, it was on the outside corner, but It was way too high to be a waste pitch.

Poor thought process far more than poor pitching.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Reds with a 3 spot of their own so far!
Reply/Quote
Puig in Cleveland 6 for 18 .333 two 2B two RBI two SB two BB one run scored
Aquino in Cincy 6 for 14 .429 two HR five RBI one BB four runs scored
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 08:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hernandez was very reliable but has given up at least one run in 11 of the last 13 appearances . . . the only 2 times he didn't give up a run? 1/3 of an inning vs Milwaukee and 1/3 of an inning vs Atlanta.

I love him . . . but he needs a change of scenery.

Right, first 3 months of the season he was one of our best relievers ! Think it was just before the All Star break he came out and got rocked for like 4 runs in 2/3 of an inning and just has never recovered.

Is fatigue and age just catching up with him ?
Reply/Quote