Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(Yesterday, 03:19 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does this mean the Reds do not sign Iggy (SS) to an extension? 

I just don'y know what to think about it ? Maybe I'm way wrong ? But I would think they were more looking toward next season and being able to control Galvis than they were him pushing us up in the standings this season.

Perhaps they're thinking Iggy is going to be asking for to much ? Hitting .290 48 RBI's or something ?

Then there's Peraza who backslid quite a bit this season and he's eligible for arbitration. I highly doubt he's gonna get a huge raise so how does that figure in ?

I kinda doubt they'll keep all three, I could be wrong. I hope Iggy is in their future plans. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ENOUGH ABOUT NEXT YEAR, and who gets signed.

Reds have a game TODAY. They can win a series against Cardinals. That would keep them near 1st Place.

Keep a close eye on who plays first base today with Votto injured. I would love it if somebody steps up with the glove and the bat and shows all these Reds fans that we can put one of these good hitters on the bench there and WIN today.

The Reds have missed Suarez with minor injuries more than Votto. Suarez may be back today for Reds. He could hit 40 Homers and the Reds need things like that to play catch up.

I don't know how many of you remember Baltimore Orioles Manager Earl Weaver. He believed the stretch run starts August 15th to end of season. That the teams that make World Series runs get hot the last 6 weeks going into the play-offs. He was a great manager and therefore it is time for the Reds to get HOT or not.

So a team really fighting back into play-off picture would WIN TODAY and win the key division series.

GO REDS......GO REDS......GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Damn, Wood does not have his stuff.
[Image: sphvf4.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Gosh I hate the Cardinals.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Another one run loss. This team sucks in day games. They rarely look sharp during the day. Great job by the pen, though.

I'd start Mahle over Wood. They had a chance to go up to only 5.5 back today.
https://mountainofrock.org/
My attempt at changing radio
Rock On
Reply/Quote
Close but no cigar....Reds do get the series tie, but they are losing time. Ties to Reds now are no help as they play catch up. Reds had many chances of runners on base in the game, they just left too many ducks on the pond.

I will say that I watched the Reds on August 18th. Last few years they were so awful I stopped watching them by April 18th. So they have been better than last 4 or 5 years.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:47 PM)kevin Wrote: Close but no cigar....Reds do get the series tie, but they are losing time.  Ties to Reds now are no help as they play catch up.  Reds had many chances of runners on base in the game, they just left too many ducks on the pond.  

I will say that I watched the Reds on August 18th.  Last few years they were so awful I stopped watching them by April 18th.  So they have been better than last 4 or 5 years.

Indeed it is  Andy I think finally they've made some strides.

I'd just like to see them finish .500, I think that would be quite an accomplishment after 4 straight seasons with 67ish wins. They need to go 23-16 over remaining 39 games to get there. 

If Castillo and Wood can can get it together and have a couple good outings I think it's doable.
Reply/Quote
Cardinals can go to hell. They are walking THE PUNISHER now? Drunk
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote