Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
(07-23-2019, 10:46 PM)kevin Wrote: Reds up 5-0 and Davies is hitting the showers early in the 5th.  Reds need to win this one.  I hope Roark can eat innings, which is what he is great at over the years.  

Suarez now has 27 homers closing in on 30.  If he can get to 30, he can get to 40 with over 2 months left. He is just the guy to jack 40.

OH NO....Bell is pinch hitting for Roark after Davies left.  I don't like going to the bullpen here. I don't trust Reds bullpen lately.

He pinch hit for Winker not Roark. Anyway that comeback win last night might have sparked something. 9-0 Reds!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
How do they call Dietrich for sliding away from the base and how does New York uphold it? That is such a joke of a call and i'm shocked Bell didn't go back out and get tossed.
Reply/Quote
Reds putting a hurting on the Brew Crew. Nice to see.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad the Reds kept swinging the bats and 14-5. Still 3 innings to pitch for the pen, but they should hang on to this lead and WIN THE SERIES.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Robert Stephens has been a disappointment. I don't know if the Reds retain his services next year.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 11:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Robert Stephens has been a disappointment.  I don't know if the Reds retain his services next year.

The Reds have been beyond bad at drafting pitchers who ever do anything in the big leagues, which is, of course, why they have done so much losing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like the start Reds gave Sims. Reds scored 2 runs in 1st making Chacin throw 27 pitches.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nobody mentioned this yet but Senzel got a lead off single and had to leave the game because of dizziness. This Vertigo is starting to feel like a Nick Esasky thing. Here’s hoping the kid is back in a couple of days.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 03:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Nobody mentioned this yet but Senzel got a lead off single and had to leave the game because of dizziness. This Vertigo is starting to feel like a Nick Esasky thing. Here’s hoping the kid is back in a couple of days.

It is because Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo has unknown etiology.  This could be a life long issue or an inner ear infection.  I think there is new medications for this but not sure.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I didn't see game after 2-2 first inning. I see Reds lost. REDS DID WIN THE SERIES. Now a day off and The Rockies this weekend. That also means Castillio, Gray and Disco. Get out there and win Friday Night and set up winning that series. To those who give up quickly and like to think up imaginary trades and such, The NL Central standings show the Reds are close to 3rd place and 2nd & 1st not that far ahead, not in NL Central. ALEX WOOD just pitched 6 innings in Reds AA on rehab start. We are very close to having Castillo, Gray, Disco, Roark and Wood for first time in 2019. Reds should want to see that at least once since they traded and made moves for just that starting rotation. THAT rotation over last 2 months could be one of best starting rotations in baseball to get after the NL Central teams not that far out in front as they still have One Third of the race track to go. Plus Gennett back and Reds are hitting. Votto has came out of slump. Suarez is on path for many MVP votes having a super year.

Take needed day off. Get after Rockies. Try to win 2 series in a row to go for 3 in a row. Had teams given up the Phillies would have won in 1964, the Cubs in 1969. Comebacks are only made by teams that have NO QUIT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 07:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is because Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo has unknown etiology.  This could be a life long issue or an inner ear infection.  I think there is new medications for this but not sure.   

It just doesn’t seem like an isolated ear infection. He’s had vertigo incidents a couple of times already. I really hope that there isn’t an even more serious neurological problem going on. Obviously his health is the biggest issue but it will also suck if he can only be a part time player, he has so much talent! Hopefully they can get this kid straightened out.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 08:28 PM)kevin Wrote: I didn't see game after 2-2 first inning. I see Reds lost. REDS DID WIN THE SERIES. Now a day off and The Rockies this weekend. That also means Castillio, Gray and Disco. Get out there and win Friday Night and set up winning that series. To those who give up quickly and like to think up imaginary trades and such, The NL Central standings show the Reds are close to 3rd place and 2nd & 1st not that far ahead, not in NL Central. ALEX WOOD just pitched 6 innings in Reds AA on rehab start. We are very close to having Castillo, Gray, Disco, Roark and Wood for first time in 2019. Reds should want to see that at least once since they traded and made moves for just that starting rotation. THAT rotation over last 2 months could be one of best starting rotations in baseball to get after the NL Central teams not that far out in front as they still have One Third of the race track to go. Plus Gennett back and Reds are hitting. Votto has came out of slump. Suarez is on path for many MVP votes having a super year.

Take needed day off. Get after Rockies. Try to win 2 series in a row to go for 3 in a row. Had teams given up the Phillies would have won in 1964, the Cubs in 1969. Comebacks are only made by teams that have NO QUIT.

Suarez won’t get any MVP votes, unless you mean Reds MVP. They could finish up strong but I think they’ve just given away too many close games and the hole is too big to climb out of. Regardless of the pitching, the hitting has occasionally, completely vanished all year long. There are just too many teams to leap frog. The Reds don’t just have to win at a ridiculous percentage, tons of teams also have to play below 500. Miracles can happen and it would be close to miraculous.
Reply/Quote
On Senzel leaving game 1st inning because dizzy, confused. People throw out word Vertigo. Another word is Panic Attack. Hard for people to just look and say what it is, including me. Votto had these issues his first years, and announcers said he stayed with a family in area and that helped. I'm sure doctors can come up with many reasons for why people become dizzy. A cold or Flu is one way. A fever. Sex can make a person dizzy. Booze, Drugs by all means. Not eating right. Not getting enough sleep. Asthma or breathing problems. Excessive heat or poor breathing air. Many things can make a person dizzy besides Vertigo, but sports seems to use Vertigo a lot. Oh, I left out concussion which is very much sports. ......Reds played a late night game and then a day game in which Senzel had to leave at start of game. Now if I say hangover, people will get mad, but some people can get a hangover from just one or two beers. Or with the day game, maybe he didn't eat right, or get enough sleep. I don't know, nor do any fans, but I think it is a stretch to assume Vertigo every time a player gets dizzy. I do hope a doctor is consulted for him, because something happened to where he wasn't able to go the day after a night game on the road. It could just be a 24 hour bug/ cold-flu. It may be Vertigo. I hope they use the day off to consult a doctor, for Senzel's sake, not the fans.

I'm no expert. I am 64. I have had asthma most of my life as a kid and it came back in my 30's. I've had cold & flu. I've had hangovers as most people if they are honest. I've had panic attacks as did Micky Mantle who was a big tough guy. I can say that younger I had sex with women for long periods of time that left me dizzy. So, my non medical view is many things can make you dizzy. Was Senzel the player that had the concussion a week or two ago ? It has been very hot on the field lately. They played a night game and then an early day game. Something happened, and I hope they consult a doctor, even if all he says is drink more water, which may be the answer, drink more water. I have found the best thing for dizziness is preventive medicine in getting enough sleep, eating right, drinking more water. The way Senzel could hardly walk from 1st base to dugout, a doctor is needed. For his sake I hope it is nothing major such as anuerysm. Hopefully there isn't that much wrong with him and just better rest and better eating fixes him up. I left out allergies. Maybe a med he is allergic to, or caffeine, or pollen in the air, an allergy he isn't aware he has. It's safe to say not all dizzy situations are Vertigo Hitchcock movie. I'm sure anybody reading this has had a cold or flu so dizzy they could not get around the house, that does not mean you had Vertigo.

Best of luck to Senzel, and I hope it's a minor thing with minor solutions, such as drinking more water, getting more sleep, eating right, basic stuff. If he is same guy that tipped over in dugout in last weeks with concussion, one more reason to consult a doctor. Votto has gone though this, so maybe he can help.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 01:20 PM)kevin Wrote: On Senzel leaving game 1st inning because dizzy, confused.   People throw out word Vertigo.  Another word is Panic Attack.  Hard for people to just look and say what it is, including me.  Votto had these issues his first years, and announcers said he stayed with a family in area and that helped.  I'm sure doctors can come up with many reasons for why people become dizzy.  A cold or Flu is one way.  A fever.  Sex can make a person dizzy.  Booze, Drugs by all means. Not eating right. Not getting enough sleep.  Asthma or breathing problems.  Excessive heat or poor breathing air.   Many things can make a person dizzy besides Vertigo, but sports seems to use Vertigo a lot.  Oh, I left out concussion which is very much sports.  ......Reds played a late night game and then a day game in which Senzel had to leave at start of game.  Now if I say hangover, people will get mad, but some people can get a hangover from just one or two beers.  Or with the day game, maybe he didn't eat right, or get enough sleep.   I don't know, nor do any fans, but I think it is a stretch to assume Vertigo every time a player gets dizzy.   I do hope a doctor is consulted for him, because something happened to where he wasn't able to go the day after a night game on the road.  It could just be a 24 hour bug/ cold-flu.   It may be Vertigo.  I hope they use the day off to consult a doctor, for Senzel's sake, not the fans.

I'm no expert.  I am 64. I have had asthma most of my life as a kid and it came back in my 30's.  I've had cold & flu. I've had hangovers as most people if they are honest.  I've had panic attacks as did Micky Mantle who was a big tough guy.  I can say that younger I had sex with women for long periods of time that left me dizzy.  So, my non medical view is many things can make you dizzy.   Was Senzel the player that had the concussion a week or two ago ?  It has been very hot on the field lately.  They played a night game and then an early day game.   Something happened, and I hope they consult a doctor, even if all he says is drink more water, which may be the answer, drink more water.   I have found the best thing for dizziness is preventive medicine in getting enough sleep, eating right, drinking more water.  The way Senzel could hardly walk from 1st base to dugout, a doctor is needed. For his sake I hope it is nothing major such as anuerysm.  Hopefully there isn't that much wrong with him and just better rest and better eating fixes him up.  I left out allergies.  Maybe a med he is allergic to, or caffeine, or pollen in the air, an allergy he isn't aware he has.  It's safe to say not all dizzy situations are Vertigo Hitchcock movie.  I'm sure anybody reading this has had a cold or flu so dizzy they could not get around the house, that does not mean you had Vertigo.

Best of luck to Senzel, and I hope it's a minor thing with minor solutions, such as drinking more water, getting more sleep, eating right, basic stuff.  If he is same guy that tipped over in dugout in last weeks with concussion, one more reason to consult a doctor.  Votto has gone though this, so maybe he can help.

Kevin, Senzel has had on-going issues with BPPV for a while now.  This is not a single incident.  

This Article was written in May 2018.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Appears Wood makes his debut on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:51 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Appears Wood makes his debut on Sunday.

Let's hope he's on his game and gives us a spark....errr nuclear explosion !
Reply/Quote
If the Reds are to have any chance ? And I don't really think they do. The need to make a statement in this home stand against the Rockies and Pirates. A sweep would be what the doctor ordered but 5 of the 6 is a must. Neither of these teams makes you shake in your shoes and it's now or never.

They open August with 4 on the road against Braves, then Angles, then Cubs. So this is there chance to move up and it's pretty much now or never.

Here's to Wood pitching a gem Sunday Cheers
Reply/Quote
Rumor has it that the Reds are placing Garrett on trading block soon....
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 03:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Rumor has it that the Reds are placing Garrett on trading block soon....

It wouldn't surprise me. He has possible closer stuff but instead of confidence, I think he has more false bravado than anything else.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Castillo getting roughed up
Reply/Quote