Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
(07-26-2019, 08:42 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me. He has possible closer stuff but instead of confidence, I think he has more false bravado than anything else.

I would rather try to unload R Iggy and keep Garrett as closer.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At the 100 game mark, they need to go 35-27 the rest of the way just to get to .500

If The Cardinals and the Cubs both play .500 ball the rest of the way, the Reds need to go 39-23 to catch them.

Sell, sell, sell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Stephenson needed that 2 inning stint badly. He's looked very expendable lately.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Runner on 3rd and nobody out and can't get him in.
Reply/Quote
I think I am at the point to accept that the Reds need to trade as many players they can and re-think the core players and their roles, including prospects like Trammel, Greene, and others.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think I am at the point to accept that the Reds need to trade as many players they can and re-think the core players and their roles, including prospects like Trammel, Greene, and others.

Agreed,

They have to plan their work and work their plan. They've been going off in every direction possible the last 5 years and it shows. They have to decide who they're going to keep.. Suarez, Senzel, Castillo, and so on. And decide who they're going to move on from. What positions need upgrades, who in the minors can come up and on and on.

They've been chasing their tail for far to long !
Reply/Quote
Nothing like getting taken out behind the woodshed to kick off the home stand with our ace pitching.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 10:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nothing like getting taken out behind the woodshed to kick off the home stand with our ace pitching.

against an opponent pitcher with over 5.0 ERA at game start.  sickening.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think I am at the point to accept that the Reds need to trade as many players they can and re-think the core players and their roles, including prospects like Trammel, Greene, and others.

I wasn’t a fan at all of the Greene pick. He seems like a great kid but he has pitched a ridiculously low amount of innings the last 3 years. That isn’t his fault but still. Unless he’s going to be a bullpen guy, he’s at least another 3 years away. Never draft a high school pitcher that high. It takes too long to get to the bigs and there’s that much more time for the pitcher to get injured.
Reply/Quote
Reasons To Watch Reds Sunday. Reds can Win Series against Rockies after winnings Brewers Series. also ALEX WOOD makes his first start in a Reds uniform after years with Dodgers and on injured list all year. Yes, Reds got him also in the Dodger trade, and it would be great to see him make a comeback as Sonny Gray has.

I've seen the other posts, and I'm NOT for trading everybody. I'm not for trading anybody at July deadline. The off season is different. Do I want to see all the minor league players brought up next week, NO, NO and hell NO.

I'm hoping we get to see Castillo, Gray, Disco, Roark, Wood rotation for a while. We have never seen that.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 11:16 PM)kevin Wrote: Reasons To Watch Reds Sunday. Reds can Win Series against Rockies after winnings Brewers Series. also ALEX WOOD makes his first start in a Reds uniform after years with Dodgers and on injured list all year. Yes, Reds got him also in the Dodger trade, and it would be great to see him make a comeback as Sonny Gray has.

I've seen the other posts, and I'm NOT for trading everybody. I'm not for trading anybody at July deadline. The off season is different. Do I want to see all the minor league players brought up next week, NO, NO and hell NO.

I'm hoping we get to see Castillo, Gray, Disco, Roark, Wood rotation for a while. We have never seen that.

Yep and I’m on here to eat crow and own up to being way wrong. My opinion was that Wood wouldn’t make a start for the Reds this year. Let’s hope this lefty has a great first start!
Reply/Quote
OH Yes. Suarez now has 28 Home Runs. When he gets to 30, I'm going to start the Count Down on 40. So there is that along with Reds trying to get back to back series wins today PLUS Alex Wood takes mound for first time as a Red today.

The Reds need to establish a NO QUIT attitude under new manager Bell. Every year Reds quit in July and trade top players. It's time Reds make it clear baseball is not a 4 month season, it is a 6 month season. You don't quit with 2 months and over 50 games left to play. Kids going back to school and football starting does NOT factor in. There is 2 months left to play. Reds who quit every year after 4 months need to lay the law down that it is a 6 months season. NO QUIT. Many teams never quit in July, and Reds shouldn't either. 1/3 of the season still to be played, which is a lot of ball games, over 50
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 11:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yep and I’m on here to eat crow and own up to being way wrong. My opinion was that Wood wouldn’t make a start for the Reds this year. Let’s hope this lefty has a great first start!

I doubt he will be at the top of his game today.  Most pitchers coming off IL aren't.   He may need a few starts to get in the groove.  Still, I have him as a pitcher in an ESPN Bengals Baseball Fantasy League today.  One of 5 starters and 4 relievers I've loaded up for last day of scoring week on my homer name team, Cincinnati First.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sorry, Kevin, I hate to break it to you but the Reds suck. The only two teams that they are ahead of in the Wild Card after 102 games are the Pirates and the Marlins.

Trading Puig gives at bats to VanMeter who is second on the team in BA right now behind Ervin, who also needs more at bats. All they are doing by keeping Puig is keeping his at bats steady for his new team next year. I'm sure that he would be sat down and talked to about coming back before they trade him.

It's not like you can't sign them as a Free Agent after you trade them. But, even with that said, I would be SHOCKED if Puig re-signs in small market Cincinnati. They can't throw big money at anybody as long as Votto is still under contract and that's what it would take to keep him in Cincinnati.

I think we are over valuing Roark . . . I don't think any team is looking to add him at the deadline.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Wood has looked good given it is his first start of the season. Getting tested 2nd time through the order. Reds should sign Wood to another year prove-me healthy contract.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Senzel gets ejected for what I believe is the first time in his MLB career.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 03:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Senzel gets ejected for what I believe is the first time in his MLB career.

Why?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why?  

Arguing strikes. He took a pitch low and away that was called strike 2 but was a ball on the K zone box. He had a lengthy conversation before the next pitch. He struck out to end the inning and during the commercial continued the argument ultimately being tossed before Bell made it out. Bell surprisingly did not get tossed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds took series from Colorado. Even if they sweep Pirates, I don't think it is enough to becoming buyers.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
That was a good game. Wood pitched. The New Nasty Boys of Garrett, Lorenzen, Iglesias pitched 7th, 8th, 9th as in Sweet Lou days. Reds won series from Brewers and Colorado this week. Castillo, Gray, Disco, Roark, Wood is best starting rotation Reds have had in many years. Suarez could hit 40 homers. Reds have good depth, fielding, hitting.

I don't want Reds to be buyers or sellers. Go with this team a little bit. I don't want other teams minor league bums. Lets go with these good players just a little bit more.

If Reds can win Pirates series, that is 3 in a row before month ends. Hot going into last 2 months.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote