Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
By the way, in this dramatic change and upgrade this year, The Reds are 43-51. Last year they were 42-52 at this point. A one game change, now that’s some PR mind games going on that the team is solidly marching in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 07:58 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, so Reds lost 1st game of St Louis series Thursday.  

I warn everybody that St Louis pitching is HOT lately.  Guys that were good for St Louis in past but struggled early in 2019, are pitching pretty good again. Plus St Louis has some new good pitchers on the rise.   So Reds will find St Louis pitchers much tougher than earlier in season.  

Still, GO REDS and bounce back on Cardinals.  

I'm still against trading Castillo, Gray or all other names some are throwing out there in yet another fire sale as past few years.  You know, if you were going to trade a high paid player getting older and not putting up very good numbers last 2 years, that player would be Votto. Now I'm not for trading anybody, but if they would look for who to get rid of,  Castillo and Gray stay and Votto highest man on payroll goes in Money Ball.  The AL has the DH, so a big money team thinking World Series may love Votto at 1st and their 1st as DH, or Votto as DH. .....As I say, I'm not for trading anybody.  If Reds would cut payroll, you start with Votto.  Not the pitching Reds are finally putting together.....I picked up Votto in a Cincinnati Reds Fantasy League no less, somebody cut him.  I've had him a month or so, but he is in a slump again and I may have to cut Votto this weekend.  There are too many HOT players to add.  There is no way I would drop Castillo or Gray right now in Fantasy Ball.   Reds are stupid if they sell off good players again to pay Votto's big contract.

No one will touch Votto's contract. I would move him in a heart beat.  He is declining in power and average, at least for this year.  

Castillo and Gray will get several prospects and arms. 

The Reds are close, that is the frustrating part.  Reds are 3-6 in walk-off wins/losses.  It is driving me crazy.
They are now 8 games back.  They simply need arms.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 06:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: By the way, in this dramatic change and upgrade this year, The Reds are 43-51. Last year they were 42-52 at this point. A one game change, now that’s some PR mind games going on that the team is solidly marching in the right direction.

I think the team is more competitive than the record shows.  Hitting is finally coming around.  Bull-pen with injuries and Mahle is maybe costing some games.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 07:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the team is more competitive than the record shows.  Hitting is finally coming around.  Bull-pen with injuries and Mahle is maybe costing some games.  

Maybe they are?? I’m just worn out making excuses for the Reds and Bengals. The bottom line is results. This will be not one, not two, not three, not four but FIVE YEARS straight in LAST PLACE. There are 15 teams in the National League. The Reds have a worse record than 13 of those teams and are better than 1 team. When are the putrid results ever gonna end? Every fan sees their city have bad teams here and there, that’s called sports. To have a consistently putrid team should make ownership embarrassed and get off of their asses. Making money is great but does ownership have any pride at all??? If your managing produces 5 straight years of being the worst in your group at what you do, perhaps let someone else represent the city. Why destroy a professional organization just to make money? I’m in a riled up mood tonight, I’m sorry!
Reply/Quote
Well Suarez got tossed between the first and second inning and Bell was too giving him the Reds record for a manager. I think Pablo Torres has been around Angel Hernandez too much.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 07:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Maybe they are?? I’m just worn out making excuses for the Reds and Bengals. The bottom line is results. This will be not one, not two, not three, not four but FIVE YEARS straight in LAST PLACE. There are 15 teams in the National League. The Reds have a worse record than 13 of those teams and are better than 1 team. When are the putrid results ever gonna end? Every fan sees their city have bad teams here and there, that’s called sports. To have a consistently putrid team should make ownership embarrassed and get off of their asses. Making money is great but does ownership have any pride at all??? If your managing produces 5 straight years of being the worst in your group at what you do, perhaps let someone else represent the city. Why destroy a professional organization just to make money? I’m in a riled up mood tonight, I’m sorry!

Me 2 !

One of the bigger problems with this team has been lack of offensive production, specifically LF and 1B. Two of your four power positions. We've got it from 3B and RF but when the other two are among the worst in the league for starters it puts a big kink in normal production.

Winker has 29 RBI's, tied for 30th place among LF. Votto has 24, he doesn't even register among starting 1Bmen. This team has to get better slugging from the power positions !
Reply/Quote
Wow Reds all over Wainright. 7-0 in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
Good lord they are going to find a way to blow this. Cards with 5 in the 6th so far. 7-5 score.
Reply/Quote
And it's tied. Un freakin real.
Reply/Quote
Ouch!
Reply/Quote
Seriously? 10 run 6th for Cards so far. 10-7.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 08:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me 2 !

One of the bigger problems with this team has been lack of offensive production, specifically LF and 1B. Two of your four power positions. We've got it from 3B and RF but when the other two are among the worst in the league for starters it puts a big kink in normal production.

Winker has 29 RBI's, tied for 30th place among LF. Votto has 24, he doesn't even register among starting 1Bmen. This team has to get better slugging from the power positions !

True. The Winker problem is an easy fix. The Votto problem will probably be ignored for the next 4 years. Not that I’m complaining but it feels like Bell has been ejected from like 10% of the games.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 10:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Seriously? 10 run 6th for Cards so far. 10-7.

Go Reds!
Reply/Quote
Trade the Sports Center seeking SS
Trade Puig
Trade Roark
Thrown in Stephenson on one of the deals
Put Winker at first
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Finis for this season was just played out. Just totally inexcusable, awful, lazy, defense. Turn out the lights............
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 10:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Trade the Sports Center seeking SS
Trade Puig
Trade Roark
Thrown in Stephenson on one of the deals
Put Winker at first

Throw in Votto as well
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 10:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Throw in Votto as well

What is he good at anymore?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
This is pathetic. Shocked
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 11:11 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What is he good at anymore?

Cashing those checks!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad I fell asleep on that one and didn't watch Reds blow a 7 run lead. I see Cardinals gave up earned runs. How did Reds give up 4 unearned runs as box score shows ?

As for Mahle, I'm thinking spot starter since he is good for only 5 innings most of time. Other teams doing it. Have a guy pitch first 2 innings. Bring in Mahle in 3rd. Then to bullpen in 8th & 9th.

Good pitching match-up Saturday. Try to split series. At least don't get swept. Damage Control.

HOW ABOUT THE NEW CATCHER. If he can hit like that more often, forget about these other Reds catchers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote