Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
Here I am again saying the Reds are finished.

So expect them to go on a little run.
Reply/Quote
Votto has not just lost power. He has lost his stroke.

Votto is one of only EIGHT players to have started their career after WWII (75 years ago) and have a career slash line of .300+ avg/.400+ ob/.500+ slg. The other 7 are Edgar Martinez, Manny Ramirez, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, and Mike Trout.

But over the last two seasons (over 1000+ plate appearances) Votto's line is .274/.390/.409. His slugging percentage is down over 100 points from his career .522 but both his batting average and on-base percentage are also down over 30 points.
Reply/Quote
And the bullpen gives up another late lead.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade both Iglesias'.

Blow it up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Suarez saves the day for now with a 2 run homer for a 1 run lead!!!
Reply/Quote
R Iggy needs a new team. Make Garrett the closer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bell doing all he can to lose this game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bell doing all he can to lose this game.

Yeah, don't get taking Peralta out but he got away with it. Reds win!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bell doing all he can to lose this game.

This guy is a joke of a manager.
Reply/Quote
BIG WIN, Reds needed it. IT gives them a shot at winning this series, and Reds are in dire need of a series win to stop the bleeding, start climbing back UP instead of DOWN.

Suarez is closing in on 30 Homers. If he stays healthy, he is on pace to hit 40 or more. His 2018 stats show he can do it and his 2018 stats show that over the last 2 years he is one of the better hitters in the game today. So I'm hoping he gets to 30 fast, so that he has close to 2 months to jack 10 more. 40 homers is great for non steroid era numbers. He is at 26. Once he gets to 30, start the countdown as he moves in on 40. In their best years Bench and Perez hit 40 and 40 is a lot of homers. Again, don't be thrown off by the steroid era numbers. In normal baseball, 40 is a lot. GO SUAREZ, GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 03:01 AM)kevin Wrote: BIG WIN, Reds needed it. IT gives them a shot at winning this series, and Reds are in dire need of a series win to stop the bleeding, start climbing back UP instead of DOWN.

Suarez is closing in on 30 Homers. If he stays healthy, he is on pace to hit 40 or more. His 2018 stats show he can do it and his 2018 stats show that over the last 2 years he is one of the better hitters in the game today. So I'm hoping he gets to 30 fast, so that he has close to 2 months to jack 10 more. 40 homers is great for non steroid era numbers. He is at 26. Once he gets to 30, start the countdown as he moves in on 40. In their best years Bench and Perez hit 40 and 40 is a lot of homers. Again, don't be thrown off by the steroid era numbers. In normal baseball, 40 is a lot. GO SUAREZ, GO REDS

The Reds need to win like ten of eleven games for it even to matter now. I’m happy for Suarez, no steroids but the balls are definitely juiced and this is a very homer friendly park. I think Bench hit 45 one year and 40 another during his 2 mvp years. I think 70 and 72 but don’t hold me to it. Foster had that big 52 year too.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 04:59 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The Reds need to win  like ten of eleven games for it even to matter now. I’m happy for Suarez, no steroids but the balls are definitely juiced and this is a very homer friendly park. I think Bench hit 45 one year and 40 another during his 2 mvp years. I think 70 and 72 but don’t hold me to it. Foster had that big 52 year too.

Yep, the Reds have to play like .750 ball the rest of the way while the basically entire NL has to play .500 for it to matter. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Reds be playing competitive baseball the rest of the way playing hard, winning games, and keeping the faith. But their playoff chances are extremely slim without a miracle run.
Reply/Quote
Wood will be joining team soon. Be prepared for Roark trade.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2019, 09:26 AM)Stewy Wrote: Grew up a Reds fan.  Family had season tickets from 1968 to 1994.  Have seen hundreds of Reds games personally.  Have been an Astros fan since I moved to Houston in 1996.

Frankly what the Reds should do is what the Astros did.  Blow it up for a decade.  Sucks for the fans, but it's a commitment to a plan.

Don't dabble in and out.  Choose one side or the other.  Try to win or try to build a war chest of prospects.  There is no in between.  Teams that dabble will always be .500 teams or worse.

They've blown it up for nearly a decade with nothing to show for it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 03:01 AM)kevin Wrote: Suarez is closing in on 30 Homers.  If he stays healthy, he is on pace to hit 40 or more. His 2018 stats show he can do it and his 2018 stats show that over the last 2 years he is one of the better hitters in the game today.

Suarez has 60 HR since the beginning of 2018.  That is 9th in the majors.  He is 12th in RBI (168) and 16th in slg% (.523) among players with at least 800 AB (3.1 per game to qualify).
Reply/Quote
Mahle put on IL and Sal Romano called up.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincinnati-reds
Reply/Quote
Wow, Reds all over Z. Davies their Ace.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 09:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wow, Reds all over Z.  Davies their Ace.

Reds up 4-0 after 3 innings against a good pitcher. Reds MUST win this game.  After blowing a 7-0 lead just a few days ago, they can't afford to blow game after game.  This would win the Brewers series, which Reds need.  The way Iglesias is pitching awful, they should not use him in this game. ....GO REDS. 

On a side note, as game on The Old Cowboy was going on and on about eating chicken. I muted the TV. Is that all he ever does is talk about what he eats. I really don't care what is passing through The Cowboys colon and out his rear end. Grateful for the Mute button which is essential for Reds Broadcasters.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds up 5-0 and Davies is hitting the showers early in the 5th. Reds need to win this one. I hope Roark can eat innings, which is what he is great at over the years.

Suarez now has 27 homers closing in on 30. If he can get to 30, he can get to 40 with over 2 months left. He is just the guy to jack 40.

OH NO....Bell is pinch hitting for Roark after Davies left. I don't like going to the bullpen here. I don't trust Reds bullpen lately. The bullpen now has to go 5 innings at least. Roark was doing great. I don't trust Reds bullpen lately. Yes they now are up 9-0. I'm hoping that's enough for our bullpen.

Good, Reds announcers said Reds pinch hitting. They didn't say for who. Now see Roark still on mound, so they pinch hit for Winker, not Roark. That is good to see. I'm in no hurry to see Reds pen, and I sure don't want Iglesias pitching tonight, he stinks lately.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So Reds knocked Brewers Ace Davies out of the game. Winker was 2/2 and Bell takes him out for Ervin. I was pissed until Ervin hit a triple! Reds now 8-0 over Brewers. Which of course means nothing it R. Iggy on team.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote