Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of July Game Thread
Reds with a 10 run second inning!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 09:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds with a 10 run second inning!

I feel sorry for the young pitcher from the Pirates.  But hell, I will take it.  
I am starting to think that Iggy at SS is worth signing to multi year contract. 

BTW  Votto  is 3/3.  Who the hell is this VanMeter ?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice Win. It sets up winning 3rd series in a row. Winning the series would bring Reds back to 5 games under .500 with 2 full months to go over .500 and more. Sweeping the series would be 4 under.

This is not the time to trade Reds better players. Why should Reds help other teams win in play-offs ? Reds will get nothing in return from teams like Yankees and others. Reds have a pretty good team now with Gennett & Wood back. If they can win 3 series in a row, they can be hot in August and September also. Forget 2020 and Keep Going In 2019. The have a good team right NOW. Castillo, Disco, Wood, Gray, Roark is a good staff that many teams would want to steal some of these pitchers for nothing, but Don't Do It. Keep these guys and team together rest of season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 09:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:   Who the hell is this VanMeter ?

VanMeter was one of the hottest hitters in triple A this year.  .348 average, .429 OB%, .669 sl%.  14 HR in just 181 at bats.

He has never hit anything like this before.  I smell PEDs.  Last year he hit only .253 at AAA with 11 HR in 332 at bats.  Before that he had almost 700 at bats at double A and hit .250 with only 8 HR.
Reply/Quote
Don't look now, but the Reds are one of only 3 teams in MLB with 34 or more wins against .500 teams.. The others are Houston and Oakland, both in the American league west.. The Reds are @ 34 with Houston at 43 and Oakland at 37. Everyone else is below us on this front. Now a lot is attributed to the fall of Pirates and beating up on the Cubs early on so we'll see how they fare going forward. Blanking the Cubs and Cards going forward would be a HUGE help, but I don't feel particularly confident that's gonna happen.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I didn't want to start a new thread but I do think Alex Wood will get an extension with incentives. Having a talented lefty in the rotation is a must. If the Reds keep Castillo, which they may or may not, the Reds rotation can look like this next year:

1-Castillo
2-Gray
3-Wood
4-Disco
5-Sims/Reed/Mahle/someone new

I think the close should be Garrett and R Iggy should be traded.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 05:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds took series from Colorado.  Even if they sweep Pirates, I don't think it is enough to becoming buyers.

It's looking more and more like the Reds won't be buyers or sellers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 04:50 PM)McC Wrote: It's looking more and more like the Reds won't be buyers or sellers.

I think they move Roark after today's start.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reds need to come back somehow. Bats are cold again.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Corey Dickerson
4 HR at PNC park in 92 games.
9 HR in GABP in 14 games.

I wonder how many of the 4 at PNC park were when Cincy was in town.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
David Bell ejected for the 8th time and don't blame him. Home plate ump's strike zone has been terrible especially the corner calls. Now Hughes and Benivedes are tossed after Hughes hit Marte. Didn't realize warnings were issued.
Reply/Quote
Wow now we got a fight!
Reply/Quote
Garrett lands a nice left cross.
Reply/Quote
What I don't get is why the Pirates had a problem with Garrett?
Reply/Quote
Trevor Williams is a *****. edit - rhymes with Pitch.

He was the one that Garrett went after . . . go back to the bench clearing brawl in Pittsburgh early in the year.
Dietrich got buzzed after watching the home run and the benches cleared.
It looked like things calmed down then Puig went nuts and got loose.
Why?
Because Trevor Williams was talking shit.

What did the ***** do? He got behind an old coach(Prince?), put his palms on the old guy's back and pushed him towards Puig to protect himself like a *****. 4:14 in the video, around 4:40 the Pirate announcers acknowledge that it looks like the ***** said something inflammatory. A much better view of it at 6:40 and another at 9:25.

THEN, after Puig is restrained, the ***** lurches forward talking trash because he knows that nothing is going to happen now.

That's a total punk ass move. If I ever go to a MLB game and Trevor Williams is on any team, I will be removed from the stadium after going near their dugout and loudly calling him out repeatedly. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
There are many, many, many, many, many, many distractions going into the Wednesday afternoon trade deadline game with the Pirates who Reds had a long heated fight on the field with people looking at suspensions handed down. In spite of all of this, WIN THE SERIES today. No matter who gets traded. No matter who gets suspended. No matter how close these teams will be to clearing the benches all game. WIN THE SERIES. Make it 3 series wins in a row going into August.

I hope after all the smoke has cleared, the Reds have won the series and ownership hasn't gutted the team in mid season as they do every single year. It really makes it hard to be a fan of this team if they are going to gut it every July, it makes the first 4 months pointless and the last 2 months not worth watching, as in bring on preseason football.

I look for manager Bell to get a big suspension. He was thrown out of the game innings earlier, and came back out on the field later in the fight and was one of the worst behaved out there. Since he was out of the game already and came back on the field and was the worst one out there, I look for MLB to slam him with a big suspension. Pete Rose got 30 days for bumping an umpire, and I look for something kind of like that. Manager Bell was like an insane man all night long, not a manager. ...I hope Reds aren't upset because they know ownership is gutting the team, and who is going. Puig was very upset all night and as he was ejected, announcers said that may be a sad way to see the last of him in a Reds uniform. They said same thing about Garrett ejected.

On trades. we need infield of Suarez, Iglesias, Gennett. We need all the young outfielders that came up this year. I think we need Castillo, Gray, Disco, Wood, Roark. I'ld like to keep Garrett, Lorenzen, Iglesias in bullpen. We will know if ownership scuttles another Reds team or not. The announcers talked like the whole team could be getting sold out. They do that, and I'm done with this team again, the season ends right there for me. This could have tensions very high and players on edge, all the talk of blowing up the team Wednesday.

They have a team to go into Atlanta and go for 4 series wins in a row, but NOT if ownership blows the team up first.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Time for cooler heads to prevail.

Have Castillo take the mound today, no fights, Play Baseball not Wrestling. Gibe Castillo some runs and win the game before supper time.

Make if 3 series wins in a row and 5 under .500

Then go to Atlanta with new Red pitcher Bauer from Indians. Giving Reds a pitching staff like Cleveland has had. All Stars Castillo, Gray, Bauer. Disco, Roark and Wood once an All-Star. Roark or Wood may get traded before deadline day over, but Reds will have one of the best 5 man staffs they've ever had.

Reds Winker, Senzel, Ervin, Van Meter, Dietrich made Puig expendable as Kemp earlier. Reds give up Puig and top prospect Trammel in 3 team trade to get Bauer, but I'm still amazed Indians traded Bauer considering health of Kubler and Carrasco, but maybe why they did it. Indians could be closing the book on that great staff as Reds opening the book on their new great staff.

Get a win behind Castillo and win series today. Then take this great staff to Atlanta knowing good pitching stops good hitting. Watch out National League Central, HERE COMES THE REDS with 2 full months to go and in striking distance with pitchers like this.

( word is the Bauer trade went through the dugout. Could be why Puig went after umpire and Bell came out, and later in game Puig went after Pirates and some Reds holding him back. Hearing of the trade, it could be ??? .....People get upset on hearing fired or traded from job. He was good here, good enough to get Bauer. We don't get Bauer with Homer Bailey. Puig playing good got us Bauer )

Again. Cooler Heads Today....Get the Win behind Castillo to get 3 series wins in a row and keep moving UP with this now GREAT All-Star pitching staff as Cubs and Indians had to reach that recent World Series. Reds are holding a Full House on Starting Pitchers. or maybe better yet, 4 Aces and a one eyed Jack wild card.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals did what the Reds did last night, they'd be crucified, and their Pittsburgh rivalry is a hell of a lot more heated than the Reds is.
Reply/Quote
3-0 Reds after 3 innings. Suarez clocks 29th Homer. This man is going to hit 40 or more. Castillo on the mound. WIN THE SERIES
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds traded Roark to A's just now. I created a new thread on this.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote