Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of September Games Thread
I'm so shocked, he's gave up two HR's Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:08 PM)McC Wrote: Every  arrogant, incompetent umpire in MLB deserves to be replaced by robots.  Let them umpire the bases, even though they aren't very good at that either, just so there won't be too much of a glut of fat middle aged guys on the unemployment lines all at once.

All this horse shit talk of this guy has this strike zone and that guy has this other strike zone.  What kind of nonsense is that?  There is one strike zone.  And they all call the same location differently at different times.  As a group, they just completely suck.

Hence, my argument for Robo-umps.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Aquino has 15 Homers now. Can he hit 20 in such a short time in majors this season ?

Suarez has 40. Can he jack 45 ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 05:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh good lord ! Peralta's back

The Reds have clearly and for good reason, thrown in the towel.  Hell, the handwriting on the wall is billboard sized.  Now, it's just playing out the string and seeing what they've got.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:10 AM)McC Wrote: The Reds have clearly and for good reason, thrown in the towel.  Hell, the handwriting on the wall is billboard sized.  Now, it's just playing out the string and seeing what they've got.

Oh I get it, but they need to just pull the plug on Wandy. For whatever reasons he's just lost it. Get the guys out there that there's still hope for.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the others that say Peralta needs to go. They brought him in to start the 9th down 2 runs and promptly gives up a homer to the first batter and now a double to the second batter.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:40 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I agree with the others that say Peralta needs to go. They brought him in to start the 9th down 2 runs and promptly gives up a homer to the first batter and now a double to the second batter.

The guy is horrible!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I get it, but they need to just pull the plug on Wandy. For whatever reasons he's just lost it. Get the guys out there that there's still hope for.

Things change once games become meaningless.  Sometimes a pitcher actually needs innings to work out his problem, but Wandy has just lost the confidence he needs to pitch in the major leagues.  Better to just shut him down and start fresh next year.  

Young minor league pitchers who are still developing their game aren't demoralized by getting roughed up in the majors.  They just write it off as "growing pains" or "learning on the job".  But when you are in your fourth major league season and throwing batting practice to the other team it is best to close it down for a while.

Wandy had a decent season in '17 (3.79 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 65 innings), but since the start of the '18 season he has a 5.51 ERA, and a 1.72 WHIP.  In just 78 innings he has given up 90 hits and barely has more strikeouts (57) than walk (45).

And that doesn't count the beating he took today.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of impressed that they scratched off 5 runs against Nola. When he's on, I think he's got best stuff in the Majors.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Suarez hits #42!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Suarez hits #42!

He needs 10 to tie Foster I think for club record.  Still.  Very nice.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Castillo strikes out 10 and reaches 200 K's but Reds lose 2-0

The great news is NFL Football Sunday Today. I can't imagine any reason to watch Reds today.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Suarez hits homers 43 and 44 Sunday. Closing in on 45.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Wow, I didn't realize the race was that close.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:15 PM)Earendil Wrote: Wow, I didn't realize the race was that close.

Suarez among some elite hitters.  Pretty nice.  Lets hope he wins HR King.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I know this thread has gone comatose. However, I feel the need, the compunction to notify bengal fan reds supporter of this news bulletin...

The Reds lost a 1-run game to Seattle.

:hooked:
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Garrett is not the future either
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I really hope that Dietrich isn’t in the plans for next year.
Reply/Quote
Gray has a 2.80 ERA still

The homers for Suarez & Aquino have slowed, but there should be more coming.

Seattle taking series from Reds shows Reds have really fell off. The trade deadline everybody was fired up about seemed to kill the Reds. Tell me again just who in the heck Reds got for Tanner Roark and Scooter Gennett ??? I said it way before it, I was hoping Reds would stand pat with team that had them close to .500 ball. I won't complain about Puig for Bauer because it got Aquino in right field. However if a huge Bauer contract would mean pitchers such as Gray and Castillo can't be kept, then that is a problem.

The dumbest thing I've seen on Reds.com is they say Suarez and Votto are here for years to come. Compared to other 1st Basemen the last 2 years, Votto Stinks. Ownership should have a main focus of trying to find a team to pick up all or most of his contract. In money ball that should be Reds #1 priority this off season, dumping the Votto contract. Contacting the 29 other teams and not concerned what they get in return. Maybe do another Dodger type deal where they dumped Bailey contract by taking on a bunch of high 1 year contracts they could quickly get out of. Votto highest paid Red Contract is Reds anchor to Last Place. To know this you have to think business and finance, not just Fan loyalty. Reds could use that money to have winning season for first time in 5 years.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote