Greg Vaughn 45 - 1999
Johnny Bench 45 - 1970

Players to catch
Adam Dunn 46 - 2004
Ted Kluszewski 49- 1954
George Foster 52- 1977
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds set at 68 wins with 15 games to go. I'd love to see them win 8 or 9 and go out pushing 80 wins.

Now the bad news the first twelve games are against teams still in playoff hunt, the first 6 on the road. Then the last 3 are against the pirates who for whatever reasons they've done poorly against this season, Reds are 5-11 against them.

I'm gonna say they win 6 and end up with 74 on the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:13 AM)kevin Wrote: Suarez hits homer # 45

Players he has passed
Wally Post 40-1955
Tony Perez 40-1970
Ken Griffey Jr 40-2000

Players he has tied
Greg Vaughn 45 - 1999
Johnny Bench 45 - 1970

Players to catch
Adam Dunn 46 - 2004
Ted Kluszewski 49- 1954
George Foster 52- 1977

I’m guessing he’ll hit 48-50. That’s a monster year. It would be really cool to see him win the NL HR title. He’ll probably end up second or third.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 07:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Reds set at 68 wins with 15 games to go. I'd love to see them win 8 or 9 and go out pushing 80 wins.

Now the bad news the first twelve games are against teams still in playoff hunt, the first 6 on the road. Then the last 3 are against the pirates who for whatever reasons they've done poorly against this season, Reds are 5-11 against them.

I'm gonna say they win 6 and end up with 74 on the season.

We have not been playing well lately either.   We were just 6 under .500 on 8-29, but have been 6-10 since.  Started with a 12 inning loss on a Thursday follwed by back-to-back double headers on Sat and Sun.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 08:46 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m guessing he’ll hit 48-50. That’s a monster year. It would be really cool to see him win the NL HR title. He’ll probably end up second or third.

C'mon man.  Think positive.  He already caught a big break with Yelich going down, and he is only 2 behind Alonso.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  Think positive.  He already caught a big break with Yelich going down, and he is only 2 behind Alonso.

He almost had an inside park HR yesterday.  Not sure he could have made it home but it was close call.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Lorenzen getting the start in CF today.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  Think positive.  He already caught a big break with Yelich going down, and he is only 2 behind Alonso.

I don’t set expectations too high, that way it’s that much better if it does happen. He definitely could win it!
Reply/Quote
Suarez hits #46!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
And then #47 to tie Alonso.

Yellich and now Trout out for the rest of the season with Bellinger cooling off. He's got a chance.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
What a season for Suarez. It was nice to see Bauer not suck too!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:13 AM)kevin Wrote: Suarez hits homer # 45

Players he has passed
Wally Post 40-1955
Tony Perez 40-1970
Ken Griffey Jr 40-2000

Players he has tied
Greg Vaughn 45 - 1999
Johnny Bench 45 - 1970

Players to catch
Adam Dunn 46 - 2004
Ted Kluszewski 49- 1954
George Foster 52- 1977

Suarez hits #46 and #47 putting him ahead of Dunn.  But he isn't done as with 2 weeks left he is 2 behind Big Klu. If he catches him, we can start talking about Yahtzee. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Suarez I believe broke the record for the most Home Runs by a native player from Venezuela. He is at #47 would need 6 to break all time franchise record. He is the bright spot on the Reds. The Reds are also skipping Gray's start to try Gausman. They want to see if he can start next year because he is somewhat expensive.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
At All Star break Suarez was 11 home runs behind Yelich who was leading the majors with 31.

The biggest All Star deficit ever made up in the home run race is 12 by Jimmie Foxx in 1935.
Reply/Quote
Reds have 12 games left Suarez should get 45-50 more at bats.

So far this season he has averaged a HR every 11.4 at bats so that gives him 4 more for a total of 51.

Over the last 4 weeks he has averaged a HR every 7.0 at bats. That gives him 6 or 7 and a good shot at Fosters record..
Reply/Quote
Well, Gausman lasted two innings. I do not know about him. I don't think the Reds bring him back at this point. A side note, The Punisher had bases loaded and struck out. The pitching report is to throw up and in on his hands, then down and away. His slump is pretty bad but that is baseball.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Sonny Gray breaks Nolan Ryan record of 32 straight starts with 6 or fewer hits allowed.

Sonny Gray also has ERA of 2.80

So it's easy to see Reds bats or bullpen blew a lot of his effort. He should be close to 20 wins. He has 11.

Aquino hit Homer # 16

Iglesias got save #32 BUT his ERA of 4.12 means he blew a lot of games also. I bet if you dig into the stats he blows a lot of games for a closer and gives up a lot of home runs for a closer. His 11 homers and 11 losses with a high 4.12 ERA for a closer not very good. Many times when Reds were in clutch games near .500 and near 1st Place, he blew key games and THAT I do remember this season. So I guess 32 saves can be had if you get ran out there enough even when you blow enough games to have 11 losses and a 4.12 ERA which is awful for a Closer. There are some high ERA's across the board for Reds bullpen. Lorenzen 3 something ERA not that hot either. Garrett was good before the injury and then not so good. Reds bullpen over rated.

Again, Gray breaking Nolan Ryan record means Gray should have more wins AND Reds should have more wins. Cold Bats 1st half of year and a not that good bullpen. I wonder how many of Iglesias 11 losses are him blowing great games by Gray or Castillo ? Iglesias giving up 4 runs per relief appearance is just awful for an Ace Closer. In movie Money Ball, this might be another Red you dump in off season and some might really want this closer not seeing the down side. Reds could offer up Votto and closer Iglesias in a package deal, which team willing to pay their contracts, asking little in return, but trading team must pay their contracts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well, Gausman lasted two innings.  I do not know about him.  I don't think the Reds bring him back at this point.  A side note, The Punisher had bases loaded and struck out.  The pitching report is to throw up and in on his hands, then down and away.  His slump is pretty bad but that is baseball.

They need to work with him a bunch this offseason with that low and away pitch. He swings at a lot of em that are way out of strike zone, they've been killing him with that.
Reply/Quote
That was a wild double play.

Bobble by Mahle.
Bad throw by Mahle, good scoop by Blandino.
Bad throw by Blandino, bounces right back to Votto off of the wall/fence.
Bad throw by Votto, nice scoop by Blandino.

It's not often you see a bobble, followed by three poor throws and the end result is an inning ending double play.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reds should extend Iggy (SS). Mahle is doing better. I think he may win the 5th spot in rotation next year. Cubs have only 4 hits as of bottom of 10th.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote