Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds NEED a New Good Manager ASAP
We can't get rid of Homer. No one will take that contract. He will be back in spring training trying to win a job. I don't think he will but we have to keep giving him a shot because we have no other choice. At some point we have to just eat the loss and use the roster spot on a player that might produce something.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We can't get rid of Homer. No one will take that contract. He will be back in spring training trying to win a job. I don't think he will but we have to keep giving him a shot because we have no other choice. At some point we have to just eat the loss and use the roster spot on a player that might produce something.

They can get rid of, they just have to be willing to do what you suggest in your last line. It’s worth eating the remaining contract to free up the roster spot for a player that can contribute.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We can't get rid of Homer.  No one will take that contract.  He will be back in spring training trying to win a job.  I don't think he will but we have to keep giving him a shot because we have no other choice.  At some point we have to just eat the loss and use the roster spot on a player that might produce something.

They have to get rid of Bailey ! Cut, fire, release or whatever the term is. There's zero reason to bring him back to spring training - none.

Use the roster spot to hopefully get someone who can pitch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They have to get rid of Bailey ! Cut, fire, release or whatever the term is. There's zero reason to bring him back to spring training - none.

Use the roster spot to hopefully get someone who can pitch.

Why? They're not going to the PO next year, what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? You just have to mark down an automatic 20 losses when he pitches. It'll actually help their cause of making this the worlds longest, laziest, amazingly dumb rebuild ever known to baseball.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 03:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why? They're not going to the PO next year, what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? You just have to mark down an automatic 20 losses when he pitches. It'll actually help their cause of making this the worlds longest, laziest, amazingly dumb rebuild ever known to baseball.

Agree no playoffs in 2019, but you can still fill Homer’s roster spot with a young pitcher that needs experience and get him ready for 2020.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 11:54 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree no playoffs in 2019, but you can still fill Homer’s roster spot with a young pitcher that needs experience and get him ready for 2020.

For sure. But the same can be said about trading Scooter & not resigning B-Ham.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 12:01 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: For sure. But the same can be said about trading Scooter & not resigning B-Ham.

I’d be fine resigning Scooter as long as it doesn’t keep the team from affording an ace. I’m willing to hang on to Hamilton until a good trade comes along or until Trammell is ready.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 12:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d be fine resigning Scooter as long as it doesn’t keep the team from affording an ace. I’m willing to hang on to Hamilton until a good trade comes along or until Trammell is ready.

I don't see why tho. Hamilton has proven he simply isn't worth the arb he's owed, and Scooter is much more plausible but there's a log jam there with cost controllable prospects not making 7-10 mil a year. This team is not competing for a few years, so lets stock up on young, cost controllable players still on their entry level/arb deals. Both B-Ham and Gennett are in their last arb year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't see why tho. Hamilton has proven he simply isn't worth the arb he's owed, and Scooter is much more plausible but there's a log jam there with cost controllable prospects not making 7-10 mil a year. This team is not competing for a few years, so lets stock up on young, cost controllable players still on their entry level/arb deals. Both B-Ham and Gennett are in their last arb year. 

I don’t agree that Hamilton isn’t worth the money. He gives the team one of the top three outfield defenders in the game. That is worth something, unlike Homer. That defensive ability also makes him valuable in a trade.
Reply/Quote